Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:

Mimetic posted:

So I decided that being a spellcaster in this game sucks, so I started an alt to do Archery. All my friends have told me I'm dumb for not just leveling Archery/Shadowplay on my current character, but when I point out that questing to level is much faster than waiting for labor and doing tradeskills they all give some variation of "ehhhh".

Am I actually missing something here?

Yes. You can go from 10 to 30 in under an hour hitting a vocation tonic and some worker's comps. Leveling through labor is pretty god drat fast if you want it to be.

Remember to waterfall your alt classes rather then level up 3 x 3 x 3 so one is left dangling at 10. You'll lose 2/3rd of your exp when you go back to level that up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:

Meskhenet posted:

Its farmville in 3d. And that is just the business model.

The actual game itself has some gems hidden deep within, but you will never find them.

If you aren't prepared to pay the game is pretty much unplayable. Im pretty sure the only people left are those that had the founders packs and have got themselves in the position where they can survive off buying apex with gold. (and the odd whale that is probably living under the sunken fallacy).

If XLgames let someone with actualy coding knowledge fix the game it might have a chance. As long as Trionworlds no longer held the rights in the western world.
(so nope, its not a good game)

Can you still make a shitload of gold by buying stacks of 100 of something and selling them in stacks of 2 or 3 for double the price netting you like 30s/labor profit? It was not hard at all to make the apex/labor pot money when I was playing.

• Locked thread