Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Space Skeleton
Sep 28, 2004

Eonwe posted:

Also, really hoping that server going up is timely on 11/4. I have 4 thatched I need to put down, and I'll be bummed if I miss it.

You can't place anything until a castle is actually claimed in that zone afaik.

Anyone looking to play land baron will need to know when and where a guild is gonna claim.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Skeleton
Sep 28, 2004

Deadclown posted:

This game looks horrible but I have decided to download and play it anyway. See you all online soon.

Any good tips you wished you knew before starting?

Don't vendor anything except the gear your character started in.

Space Skeleton
Sep 28, 2004

Deadclown posted:

Should you rather "dischenchant" them like in other MMo's, or keep them for something else?

Yeah, you buy evenstones off blacksmiths and break the items for dust. Which if you plan to do any item crafting is super important, or you can just sell it.

Space Skeleton
Sep 28, 2004

Games like AA with such a player focused economy are the ones where those looking to exploit/hack go into overdrive looking for ways to beat the game. Looking back to games like EVE before they closed a lot of the bugs and loopholes around the economy there was stuff kinda like this happening every month, sometimes every week. Not that I am comparing this game to EVE but it seems to have a similar level of effort in the people focused on trying to exploit it.

Space Skeleton
Sep 28, 2004

Pirate faction was doing extremely well for itself once it organized into one single guild. However, some of the personalities at the top started turning it into a dictatorship and made sweeping declarations such as "pirates don't make/run packs, we steal them" and basically derided anyone in the pirate faction who did non-pirate things. This doesn't make a lot of sense when you think about it because even if you just steal packs, someone has to run them. Plus while piracy is fun on any faction, closing off 75% of the game to yourself because it's "not pirate enough" is stupid and will probably burn people out.

Possibly related to that, not sure, half of the pirate guild started playing WoW when the expansion hit. What's left isn't much of a faction at the moment.

Space Skeleton
Sep 28, 2004

Goonrathi split off because of the family limits and as far as I am aware is cool with the other Goon guilds and none of the Goon guilds mess with each other seriously.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Skeleton
Sep 28, 2004

If you guys ever need your own space in a Mumble I can expand the AA section of CTS and give a few of you admin. You get a few "walk-ins" when a game channel in CTS has a bunch of people.

• Locked thread