Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr. Kayak Paddle
May 10, 2006

Kimsemus posted:

Today in As The ArcheAge Turns: fishing goons get mad about people saying hurtful things in guild chat, and pirating their fishing spots.

More at 11.

For someone that thinks trolling is funny you are pretty bad at not getting trolled.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Kayak Paddle
May 10, 2006

Kimsemus posted:

Seriously though, apparently I'm ruining this PVP game with PVP.

nice ninja edit

You'd have to log in to ruin anything

Dr. Kayak Paddle fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Oct 29, 2014

Dr. Kayak Paddle
May 10, 2006

Kimsemus posted:

You try to be so edgy, but then you post frothy, rage induced gems like this:

10/10

No rage man...just pointed out that you were inactive and then you started shitposting.
Auroria isn't going to change anything...You don't have anything to do now and you won't have anything to do then.

You spout off incorrect bullshit and pretend to do ~things~

Dr. Kayak Paddle fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Oct 29, 2014

Dr. Kayak Paddle
May 10, 2006

Kimsemus posted:

It's really just hit a point of pure stupidity though, you all have officer titles like I do, the difference is because you log in more you guys circlejerk each other while you herd the guild from one bad decision to another. The fact that any of you are entertaining any notions of getting a castle, let alone keeping one, is hubris beyond reason at this point, when every single active "leader" in the guild is wholly focused on trying and (failing) to get anyone geared for PVE content, while fishing until your fingers bleed, and forming every diplomatic position around protecting fishing.

Gold isn't going to do anything for you, people are getting privately wealthy, which isn't going to make them better players, and they won't be able to pace with the rising gear costs.

Posts like that are the best though, tacitly implying I'll be demoted/kicked at the first opportunity because I disagree with the stupid direction the guild is being taken is hilarious, especially when not 2 weeks ago I was accused of being the thought police, etc etc. Really, if I had been able to make any of those leadership meetings, I would have said the same thing then.

The hard and fast facts are that at any time of the day or evening, primetime or not, most people are fishing. Naga and others whine beat their chests about "progress", yet fail to see that all those mountains of gold aren't going to buy you your castle (incidentally, I told Dodgy before he left I would front 100% of the gold cost for all castle materials, and you can't keep up with gear costs so I'm not exactly sure what your strategy is), and even if by some miracle you built it, you would never hold it past the first siege, because of a total lack of foresight and planning beyond making gold.

From day one and going forward I have emphasized PVP over all other things because if you want to do/be anything meaningful in AA that's what you have to be good it. Yes I'm loud, yes I yell a lot, yes I hurt people's feelings when they do stupid poo poo in my PVP raids, but that's because I like to win. In this game that means high gear levels, and high skillcap in PVP. Nothing else matters as much as that.

You can't build anything meaningful in AA even if you piled your stupid fish to the ceiling, but that's really the only thing I see the guild "accomplishing". You have a fleet of fishing ships and virtually no ability to PVP anymore because of down numbers, many of the good PVPers leaving, and no one to lead them (successfully).

This guild isn't going to fail because of trolls or gassed threads or pedophiles, the guild is going to fail because a bunch of PVE tryhards who can't acknowledge a different viewpoint without frothing at the mouth are trying to apply EVE politics to a game that fundamentally is as simple as maxing gear levels and AOEing until you win. And at that, you can't ask me to lead content while at the same time cutting the legs out from underneath me any time your wallet might get thinner because of it.

ragequit incoming.
Nice tryhard :effort: post

Dr. Kayak Paddle
May 10, 2006

Kimsemus posted:

If you want a castle, and you want to win at AA, abandon voodoo economics, trickle down programs, guild coffers, etc, and focus wholly and entirely on mass equipping gear and learning to play the game well.

We are. That's what you don't seem to get because you aren't around.
You keep saying the same thing as if we don't know this.

Dr. Kayak Paddle
May 10, 2006

Widestancer posted:

Are these the same people who think that we are really angry and not them since uhhh we can still post here?

Was it imp zone that did the outing? Good job then. For what its worth(not much) I was calling Kim specifically a bad troll.

Dr. Kayak Paddle
May 10, 2006

Extra posted:

A neat build for 1v1 arena that trips most people up is a plate dreambreaker with illustrious lake, hasla shield, and a nice 1H scepter with lots of +magic attack. Pick all CC and mitigation spells/talents and then just spam enervate -> earthen grip (e: while running away/spamming CCs) off of every CD and you'll win 99% of arena fights because no one will be able to out sustain you. Said build is also decent for pirating because it has bubble the patron skill of piracy. That said you'll find more magic users on the high seas so a backup set of cloth gear may be in order.

A good guide (I kinda like taking Conversion Shield rather than Thwart because CS really fucks up casters in the rare event you find one)

90% of arenas are faceroll melees or stone arrows / primevals who think they can chip you to death. The joke being on them because you can spam Teleport -> Enervate -> Earthen Grip far faster than they can use their kiting abilities. Also Invincibility is a useful tool to delay people's combo a good 12 seconds so you can then enervate and earthen grip them again.

Also I played 1v1 arenas for a good several hours one night and didn't face a single magic damage player, they're insanely unpopular in 1v1 arena.

QT also runs around with a pretty rad Soothsayer build especially since he can poop on all the Darkrunners who have 0 sustainability.

Might give this a try. Been running and around as an Abolisher and being basically un-killable.
I switch out thwart and cs all the time, both have their uses.

There isn't a hasla sceptor is there?

Dr. Kayak Paddle
May 10, 2006

Kimsemus posted:

Well,

Tonight I was prompted to begin getting active again after being encouraged by Dirty and others, so I decided to take a pirate fleet out.

Now, I know the rule that our fishing pact has is as follows:

That is straight off of our "diplomat's" post about it.

So we went looking for targets in spots close to our continent. On the way, we picked up a couple of green fishing boats not allied to us, and blew them up and got packs, we saw an allied one (in the strategic sense not fishing pack sense) and let it go, of course.

Then came fishing spot number one. Must have had, I don't know, four green fishing boats. We thoroughly checked, and made sure no goons were present so we wouldn't be loving other goons. Once we were sure, we blew them all up and got more packs in 5 minutes than a group would fishing for two hours. Towards the end of killing greens, a goon boat showed up (presumably to fish) so we promptly left. On our way to the second spot, fishing goons began to sperg and froth hard, invading our channel, despite having done nothing wrong.

I guess when they wrote the rules, they never expected us to actually follow them. In any case, DBRB and a few others began spamming Riyott like CRAZY on his mobile IRC to come on mumble and ban me for violating our fishing pact. Of course, when he got in, he found out I didn't, and the other 30 in the channel, even some more level headed fishing goons, agreed with that.

Anyway, we found a second fishing spot, again, after searching for a few minutes, no goons. So we pushed more green guild poo poo in. Sunk all their boats, took their fish. Sunk all the boats around them. Sunk all the boats going from the spot and shore. We probably collected ~500g in fish when it was all said and done.

Despite all of this though, fishing goons were really upset. We didn't know why, they wrote the agreement, and we followed it to the letter. In any event, I came back to the game, we had a GREAT time, huge, unnecessary drama was had, and a bunch of pirates got a bunch of gold in their pockets, that involved having a lot of fun and not clicking the equivalent of a quick time event for fifteen minutes.

I guess when it comes right down to it -- I was wrong all about fishing. Fishing IS a lot of fun, it's quick and easy when you let people fill their expensive fishing boats full of marlin and just let you glide on in and liberate them.

//edit I don't get it, people were complaining for two pages about me not being around to provide content, I log in, make content, many goons have a great time, and some of those same people are still butthurt. :iiam:

Hey man, I'm glad you had fun and got some goons to have fun.
I don't really have any say in the fish thing, because I don't fish so w/e.

I don't know anything about Riyott getting called but thats pretty funny/sad

Dr. Kayak Paddle
May 10, 2006

Internet Kraken posted:

Blockades are art.

This was the best.

Dr. Kayak Paddle
May 10, 2006

That's at least a 30k right there, someone should go pick it up.

Dr. Kayak Paddle
May 10, 2006

Eonwe posted:

Clearly Imp Zone posters are great posters. They keep the thread far more drama free and the OP updated.

I retract my comment that incorrectly classified Kimsemus as a imp zone bad troll.
You guys seem cool and that was a gross mischaracterization.

Kimsemus is a bad wherever he posts.

Dr. Kayak Paddle
May 10, 2006

It has begun.

Dr. Kayak Paddle
May 10, 2006

Charles Bukowski posted:

Who was that, Gicer or DirtyFalcon?

lol, why would I melt down...I don't fish.

Dr. Kayak Paddle
May 10, 2006

Charles Bukowski posted:

Rather than walking on eggshells and waiting to be kicked, I've decided to leave. If things ever get better I'd be happy to return to GS, but for the moment I don't believe we see eye to eye and I respectfully resign from the guild. Feel free to say "Hi" in game.

RIP in peace.

Dr. Kayak Paddle
May 10, 2006

Charles Bukowski posted:

I enjoyed that very much, thank you BaS.

Dr. Kayak Paddle
May 10, 2006

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

Is fishing as dumb as mining in eve and if so lmbo at all this drama over that

It is exactly the same.

Dr. Kayak Paddle
May 10, 2006

:munch: waiting for irc posts.

Dr. Kayak Paddle
May 10, 2006

Widestancer posted:

Make me an admin just to see people flip the gently caress out

This would be amazing. :munch:

Please!

Dr. Kayak Paddle
May 10, 2006

This whole thing is like Star Wars episode 1. Which was a bad movie about space trade embargoes or something equally awful.

Dr. Kayak Paddle
May 10, 2006

Widestancer posted:

:cripes: gently caress it I'm done

This is tragic:smith:

Dr. Kayak Paddle
May 10, 2006

Let's discuss how much fun could be had if we could murder all of these peace zone truckers.
I think the peace zones would be okay in the major cities only.

Dr. Kayak Paddle
May 10, 2006

peter gabriel posted:

I haven't installed this yet and I am already burned out on it

That's been the plan all along. Burn out the land havers and keep new people from playing in order to free up some plots.

Edit: the dude that started this fishing NAP bs has been offline since it all started. I think that's the only true goonfuck.

Dr. Kayak Paddle fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Nov 3, 2014

Dr. Kayak Paddle
May 10, 2006

Internet Kraken posted:

The goons that left the guild desperately want to believe that they aren't the ones that hosed everything up. They've twisted reality so that they are the heroes for boldly abandoning us and liberating the guild supplies after the big bad Kimsemus made them upset. No see HE is the goonfucker, not us! :downs:

It'd be slightly less pathetic if they straight up said "yeah we stole your poo poo, deal with it".

Nice to see the circle jerk is still going on.:reddit:

I thought you guys were having fun? We've been having fun.

Dr. Kayak Paddle
May 10, 2006

Nien posted:

I remember you. You're the one who used gently caress over Lincoln's raids by shooting early and then go : reddit: in gchat to anyone who called you a oval office.

You're a oval office.

Fun Fact: I never went to a Lincoln raid. I was fishing at the time. I quit fishing shortly after he left though.

It's okay to vent though. Don't want to keep all that misplaced rage pent up.

Dr. Kayak Paddle fucked around with this message at 11:06 on Nov 5, 2014

Dr. Kayak Paddle
May 10, 2006

Iceland is actually a pretty neat place. Some of the clearest water in the world.

I found some of your stone bricks ^^

Dr. Kayak Paddle fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Nov 5, 2014

Dr. Kayak Paddle
May 10, 2006

Tanreall posted:

I'm pretty sure Munion isn't playing any more so this is wrong.

The fishing burnout is real.

Dr. Kayak Paddle
May 10, 2006

Velthice posted:

Fishing goons have finally convinced me to install the game. I can't wait to see what all the ruckus is about and also kill fishing goons.

Good luck, with as much goonfucking money as they have surely made you won't be able to get past the gearcheck on the j4g raid bosses.

Kimsemus posted:

I kind of wish I would have played AoW/GW2, I feel like I would have understood the septic tank of politics that was at launch much easier.

I thought about that and quickly decided I was better off.

Dr. Kayak Paddle fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Nov 5, 2014

Dr. Kayak Paddle
May 10, 2006

Eminai posted:

Don't let facts get in the wave of a good narrative.

Theres a bunch of those things here. Choose your own adventure at this point.

Dr. Kayak Paddle fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Nov 5, 2014

Dr. Kayak Paddle
May 10, 2006

Holyshoot posted:

That looks amazing but I bet that water is still cold as gently caress even with a suit on.

Yeah its 2-4 C year-round.
Those were taken at Silfra

Dr. Kayak Paddle
May 10, 2006

qnqnx posted:

Petitioning to wordfilter fishermen and related words to fishfuckers, not only here but in the offsite as well

I'd ask for a cloud-to-butt esque chrome extension, but I don't know where I'd ever read about fishing except for an mmo thread on SA:coolfish:

Dr. Kayak Paddle
May 10, 2006

Eonwe posted:

http://www.reddit.com/r/Dallas/comments/2jw1d1/where_to_fish_in_dfw_area/

lol

just browsing the local subreddit and what do I stumble upon

Lake Fork was always my favorite in the Dallas area.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Kayak Paddle
May 10, 2006

Hey FruitNYogurtParfait

I'm just a filthy casual, but is there a story behind the name change?

• Locked thread