Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW
very good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
This is basically the only PS3 exclusive I wanted which I don't own yet so yeah this is really good.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

:agreed:

hope it's not a lovely port and they include the DLC

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

I'm a big fan of Valkyria Chronicles, and I never played the sequels. I will buy this when it comes out for Steam.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

I heard the sequels sucked rear end

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
If they give you the option to skip cutscenes, this will be awesome. Game was great, but boring romance subplots and pig mascots were lame.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Silver Striker posted:

I'm a big fan of Valkyria Chronicles, and I never played the sequels. I will buy this when it comes out for Steam.

2 was pretty bad and 3 was never localized so you didn't make a huge mistake there

Blind Sally posted:

If they give you the option to skip cutscenes, this will be awesome. Game was great, but boring romance subplots and pig mascots were lame.

the pig was cool and my friend

also i could have sworn you could press start to skip cutscenes.

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I heard they weren't anywhere near as good as the first game, which is a shame. The first game is good but it had some balance issues and if they had expanded upon it I really think it would have been awesome.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Silver Striker posted:

I heard they weren't anywhere near as good as the first game, which is a shame. The first game is good but it had some balance issues and if they had expanded upon it I really think it would have been awesome.

3 basically does that and only really suffers because of being on a handheld, although the only option to play it is a mediocre translation patch

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

Cake Attack posted:

3 basically does that and only really suffers because of being on a handheld, although the only option to play it is a mediocre translation patch

That's too bad. I wish SEGA would bring it over here but they seem to only make bad decisions nowadays.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Cake Attack posted:

also i could have sworn you could press start to skip cutscenes.

if that's true then i'm bad at video games.

or maybe it was one of those instances where you have to watch the cutscenes at least once before you can skip them?

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?

Lumpy the Cook posted:

they do

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

hey we have this really awesome game showing off what next gen hardware is capable of, with graphics that look like a watercolor painting and giant battlefields without any fog of war, for the sequel lets put in on the PSP where we can do neither of these things, and also add lots of grinding - The eternal geniuses at sega.

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot
my disc got caught in my launch ps3 when it broke so this is good news

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
i dont care about this game because any time i see it mentioned 10 people complain about sega and the sequels

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
thats the entire context i know it in, people bitching endlessly

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot

elf help book posted:

thats the entire context i know it in, people bitching endlessly

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!
I wanted to play this game for a while so now I guess I'll be able to get it.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

i don't know what this game is but imps seem interested so i will keep an eye out.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Blind Sally posted:

if that's true then i'm bad at video games.

or maybe it was one of those instances where you have to watch the cutscenes at least once before you can skip them?

i looked it up, you can skip them

also smdh at anyone who doesn't use Vyse as their main shocktrooper

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

elf help book posted:

i dont care about this game because any time i see it mentioned 10 people complain about sega and the sequels

Sorry.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

This game is really awesome and I'll probably buy it again.

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

idk what it is but the anime doesnt make a good first impression

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

Mr. Pumroy posted:

i don't know what this game is but imps seem interested so i will keep an eye out.

third person shooter version of fire emblem set in anime world war 2

also one of your soldiers is the guy from skies of arcadia with a machine gun

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

I think it's really rude that they keep putting Vyse in games to tease us but there's still no Skies of Arcadia 2 or HD remake or whatever.

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

Silver Striker posted:

I think it's really rude that they keep putting Vyse in games to tease us but there's still no Skies of Arcadia 2 or HD remake or whatever.

same but with jet set radio

FartRomancer.EXE
Jun 26, 2012

i bought it a couple months ago i should finish it

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Upmarket Mango posted:

idk what it is but the anime doesnt make a good first impression

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

darealkooky posted:

third person shooter version of fire emblem set in anime world war 2

also one of your soldiers is the guy from skies of arcadia with a machine gun

if theere's one thing that owns it's anime world war 2

thuly
Jun 19, 2005

Transcending history, and the world, a tale of MS Paint and animes, endlessly retold.
Good I want to play this and don't want a ps3

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

just further reinforces the fact that anime hinders social development

Iron Casanova
Dec 7, 2012

Visual SHOCK! Speed SHOCK! Sound SHOCK!
Now all I need are the Yakuza games on PC, and I'm good.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

One of the characters yells out "Hi, I'm Ted" as he ices enemy soldiers, which is a loving brutal thing to hear before you die.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
The AI are braindead in that game. Set up an ambush and watch five soldiers run it like Lemmings. If I wanted to kill NPCs that don't have pattern recognition, I would play MGS4 and man a turret. It does have the funniest anti-tank soldier that women don't mind him being as one of them.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

i read this same thread in games just now

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
This is a good thing for the world, on the whole.

No Such Thing posted:

One of the characters yells out "Hi, I'm Ted" as he ices enemy soldiers, which is a loving brutal thing to hear before you die.

It's basically the best representation of the horror of war any media has done yet.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Dec 26, 2012

i watched my roommate play like half of this game and it looked dope as hell so ill probably get it

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Now put Seaman on the WiiU SEGA!!

• Locked thread