Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

does welks sound like the son from american dad to anyone else?

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

But s-s-senpai... :ohdear:

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

I forgot the Nazis were called Imps in this game.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

Level Slide posted:

I forgot the Nazis were called Imps in this game.

They aren't wrong tho

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>
I played this game a little and Alicia is very sexy.

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert

Ragg posted:

I played this game a little and Alicia is very sexy.

god

4 inch cut no femmes
May 31, 2011
So now that it's out, how does it run?

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

Humphrey Vasel posted:

really good and sexy

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Humphrey Vasel posted:

Super, super good.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Anyway to make it borderless windowed?

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006

Kild posted:

Anyway to make it borderless windowed?

You have to use an AHK macro.

https://mega.co.nz/#!MBNjlLIR!0LVwoL4cFWM56g0AOVPlNA-bSV7-Ki_J1hqTScCVZp0

This is a converted .exe of my borderless macro bound to one of the side mouse buttons(lol if you don't have those.)

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Akumos posted:

You have to use an AHK macro.

https://mega.co.nz/#!MBNjlLIR!0LVwoL4cFWM56g0AOVPlNA-bSV7-Ki_J1hqTScCVZp0

This is a converted .exe of my borderless macro bound to one of the side mouse buttons(lol if you don't have those.)

Thanks but I found and am using this isntead: https://github.com/Codeusa/Borderless-Gaming

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Humphrey Vasel posted:

Legitimately excellent, if you have a computer, ranging from a shitheap to a brand new top of the line one, you can probably run it great. They put more effort into this port than most companies put in their flagship games.

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

I... I want this game now :sweatdrop:

Sir AIDS
Nov 5, 2013
Buy me valkyria chronicles http://steamcommunity.com/id/cooljamal

Dec 30, 2008
I didn't enjoy valkyria chronicles as much as I could have because the game rates you on how quickly you finish levels so I ended up rushing through levels as quickly as possible.

you might say thats my own fault for letting an arbitrary number affect the way I play a game, but I don't really see your point, sorry.

Sir AIDS
Nov 5, 2013

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Oh poo poo it's out? Man, I need to get on this poo poo, Valkyria Chronicles is my jam, bro.

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006
lmao what the gently caress was up with chapter 7, like fighting a normal mission + boss + insanely OP enemy with an army. The difficulty changed out of nowhere, I somehow beat it by bugging the tank out to not move and just fire at my tank(while healing it) while I killed the cannons, then bugged Selvaria out to only attack once a round while I killed it??

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

Buy it for me instead.

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

Guest posted:

I didn't enjoy valkyria chronicles as much as I could have because the game rates you on how quickly you finish levels so I ended up rushing through levels as quickly as possible.

you might say thats my own fault for letting an arbitrary number affect the way I play a game, but I don't really see your point, sorry.

It's the developers fault. You were playing the game the way the developers intended.

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?

Akumos posted:

lmao what the gently caress was up with chapter 7, like fighting a normal mission + boss + insanely OP enemy with an army. The difficulty changed out of nowhere, I somehow beat it by bugging the tank out to not move and just fire at my tank(while healing it) while I killed the cannons, then bugged Selvaria out to only attack once a round while I killed it??

it's a tactical stealth mission that makes use of the fact that enemies will take shots at you while you move for more than just to be annoying

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006

darealkooky posted:

it's a tactical stealth mission that makes use of the fact that enemies will take shots at you while you move for more than just to be annoying

lol tactical stealth mission where my strat was to sit next to the objective the entire game, and it worked, rip

point of return
Aug 13, 2011

by exmarx

Agean90 posted:

it was hilarious because the you realize that, holy poo poo you are literally controlling an army made up almost entirely of child soldiers and now you're watching a cutscene about ~~high school antics~~
most of the soldiers in actual wwi and wwii were drafted so there would actually be a lot of 18-year-olds and such

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

18-year-olds aren't child soldiers

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

kaz miller is in this game

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
Someone bought me this game and now I am contractually obligated to stream it for their entertainment. Why does this keep happening?

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

I don't see why you need to select a group of characters to put in Unit 7 if you're just going to then pick from those characters to take into battle. Why not just let you choose from the full list?

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
you aren't forced to use the units you start a mission with, you can make them retreat via orders or if they're at an allied flag (or if they die/get rescued) and then spawn in other units by clicking on a flag when you're picking who to move

if you could reinforce from all 60-something soliders at once you would never ever be at any sort of risk of running out of soliders and units dying would be basically meaningless

darealkooky fucked around with this message at 06:32 on Nov 13, 2014

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
oh my god the 60 fps

:vince:

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

srsly who wants to play this lamer?
Could someone tell me how well this would run on just an i5-4670k at low res? I'm getting a 970 in a few weeks, but wouldn't mind getting this if it runs well enough with details turned down low.

Brasseye
Feb 13, 2009
its a really well optimised port of a very old game. youll probably be fine

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

HoboWithAShotgun posted:

Could someone tell me how well this would run on just an i5-4670k at low res? I'm getting a 970 in a few weeks, but wouldn't mind getting this if it runs well enough with details turned down low.

It's a game made for PS3 in 2008 you'll be fine

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

is it actually a good game

Brasseye
Feb 13, 2009
I got about 8 stages in when it came out and got stuck on a hard level, but had a lot of fun with it. its a good game

Brasseye
Feb 13, 2009

Akumos posted:

thats the one. that mission was really hard

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I think that was the only mission where I actually had units die and I didn't restart because it was such a pain to get through

I learned later that the reinforcements only arrive when you destroy the second radiator, so what you can do is destroy one then position everyone to be able to destroy the other ones in a turn and then be able to deal with the soldiers

Easier said than done but ya

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I googled a post that seems to help, I haven't played this game in 6 years so don't blame me if this doesn't work

quote:

- Selvaria can't be killed, but she can't kill the Edelweiss.
- She camps on one side of the Batomys.
- Use your tank to block Selvaria's firing arc in a way that's advantageous for you. Between that and the Batomys is should be easy to find safe areas for your squad.
- Oh yeah, this was a nasty surprise - don't sacrifice everything you have just to get that last radiator like I did. Once that's done you still have to destroy the Batomys. Make sure you kill the last radiator while still remaining in a strong position to keep fighting for a round or two... or three.

• Locked thread