Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SYSV Fanfic
Sep 9, 2003

by Pragmatica
I recently had an extremely spiritual experience that encouraged me to get artistic. I've never written a song before, and I only know basic rhythm guitar. I wanted to write a song for my fiance to tell her how much I love her and would like some feedback.

chord progression is C-G-Am-Em-Dm-Fm(?)-C-C throughout. Strumming pattern I am using is "1 2& &4" throughout. I have no idea how to express the melody simply and my singing is beyond terrible.

The Fm has a question because I am not sure of the name of the chord I am using. Its a first position barre chord - 133111 - from 6th to first is the ordering there.

The Em usually doesn't have a lyric associated:

code:
C G    Am  Em Dm    Fm(?)     C
I Love you    Even  When I'm  Blue
My sappy rear end over the top lyrics so far are:

I love you even when I'm blue
I know its true that you love me too
Your hugs, your kiss teaches me bliss
You brighten my day in ways I can't say
before you go out the door, smile at me once more
cause I love you

Like I said I have never written a song before. I am not a musician, and if I tried to record it to catch the melody I'm using I would become a GBS superstar. If I can find a mic I might record some humming.

Anyone have any feedback on this? I really want it to be passably good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SYSV Fanfic
Sep 9, 2003

by Pragmatica

jryan42988 posted:

I would try C G Am E F C F G

I like that a lot better, thanks!

• Locked thread