Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
california roll
Feb 23, 2009
it has a lot of memes tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FartRomancer.EXE
Jun 26, 2012

its not out yet

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

my uncle works for gearbox

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

you must be from the future. tell me, is pillars of eternity good, as i kickstarted it.

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

if anthony birch is writing bl3 i will not be spending money on it

or playing it at all really

NihilVerumNisiMors
Aug 16, 2012
I hear the game is filled to the brim with "AIDS" and "Fail"

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

whenever I see memes in video games I go into a frothing rage and vomit bile all over my keyboard.

Also borderlands 3 is going to be Borderworlds, get it right.

Chocolatebuddha
Oct 15, 2007

Sweet Deity!
Is it wrong that I play this game and ignore the memes and enjoy myself?

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

Chocolatebuddha posted:

why would you pay for a game and ignore its prime feature. why don't you play a racing game and not use the gas button.

Chocolatebuddha
Oct 15, 2007

Sweet Deity!

Mr. Pumroy posted:

why would you pay for a game and ignore its prime feature. why don't you play a racing game and not use the gas button.

I thought it's prime feature was guns and shootymans.

NihilVerumNisiMors
Aug 16, 2012

Chocolatebuddha posted:

Is it wrong that I play this game

Yes because it's a bad game regardless of memes or not.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

Chocolatebuddha posted:

I thought it's prime feature was guns and shootymans.

well

you'd be wrong!

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

Chocolatebuddha posted:

I ignore the memes and still don't like it. the story in the most recent one pre-sequel is so obnoxious and annoying and the gameplay hasn't really changed beyond moon tanks that I just don't care anymore.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Chocolatebuddha posted:

The memes are awesome. Butt Stallion FTW.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Wormskull posted:

The memes are awesome. Butt Stallion FTW.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

you could say the same thing about imp zone

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Endorph posted:

What would you change if you were an IK

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Widestancer posted:

What would you change if you were an IK
id ban that one guy again

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Endorph posted:

id ban that one guy again

i thought IKs had limited power? or are all the probes here 6 hours just because

Dec 26, 2012

they have the same capability as mods, its just 6-hr probates dont need approval

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

01011001 posted:

they have the same capability as mods, its just 6-hr probates dont need approval
they can't use the same thread tags as mods :japan:

Dec 26, 2012

lmao i forgot about that

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Endorph posted:

they can't use the same thread tags as mods :japan:

You're a good sport about it. :3: Would you say the forum has gotten better or worse since DDRD days?

gay skull
Oct 24, 2004

borderlands is great fun and I think the memes are funny and executed well lol

Abysswalker
Apr 25, 2013

FartRomancer.EXE posted:

its not out yet

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Widestancer posted:

You're a good sport about it. :3: Would you say the forum has gotten better or worse since DDRD days?
probably better

all things considered zdr and that other guy with the z name are way better IKs than me and those other guys ever were

i still wish there were less 'lulz Games, the forum' or 'lol friend of the family jew tranny oval office jap' posts tho

it should just be a place to talk about video games and not talk about the forum we're a subforum of or try to go for the FYAD ironic racism/sexism hat-trick

edit: also i have never played a borderlands game

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

They're fun to play with a good group. If you ever feel like playing one hit me up.

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

Endorph posted:

your posts are as empty as your soul! goonkind ill needs a poster such as you!

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
Actually, its really good with friends

oh wait i see the problem

Chocolatebuddha
Oct 15, 2007

Sweet Deity!

Fellis posted:

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Fellis posted:

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
the reason nobody's ever persuaded by that is that baling hay is also pretty good with friends

that said brlands too and brlands pre-sequel are both good games

Hollenhammer
Dec 6, 2005

ps3 has no games ROFL

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Coolguye posted:

the reason nobody's ever persuaded by that is that baling hay is also pretty good with friends

that said brlands too and brlands pre-sequel are both good games

Friends make everything pretty awesome and people who go "well, yeah but friends make everything awesome therefore X thing is not awesome" probably don't have many.

These are the same people who go "no me gusta" to guacamelee because it has a meme.

Swelter Discharge
Mar 21, 2013

borderlands is bad

Highly Unnecessary
Dec 24, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hafc3oq_kSY

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde
I had a post to make, it was also funny and it did not suck, but then I saw Widestancer's new av and got distracted now I forgot what I was going to post...

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Swelter Discharge posted:

borderlands is bad
false

Widestancer posted:

Friends make everything pretty awesome and people who go "well, yeah but friends make everything awesome therefore X thing is not awesome" probably don't have many.

These are the same people who go "no me gusta" to guacamelee because it has a meme.
true

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

i dont even remember any memes in the new borderlands. it blows my mind that people get so upset about that stuff. like in bl2 all that meme poo poo was stuffed into the names of a few challenges or whatever in some obscure menu that i probably looked at once or twice, ever. how could this possibly ruin a game for anyone other than the obvious "i need to play it up to prove to people that i really hate memes a lot" or "i justifiably hate gearbox for things unrelated to borderlands and am looking for a flimsy no-effort excuse to hate this too".

there are a few dumb jokes that dont land like butt stallion, but who gives a poo poo when that takes up like 12 seconds of a game that lasts dozens and dozens of hours. listening to the dialogue is impossible in co-op anyways, which is fine by video game standards 99% of the time and is occasionally genuinely funny

pre-sequel is okay but bl2 was much better and you can get it + all the dlc for way cheaper. the tiny tina dlc in particular owns which surprised me because tiny tina was a character that i can agree was actually really cringe-inducing and bad in the main game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Swelter Discharge posted:

borderlands is bad

The opposite reading is true

• Locked thread