Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
where does Bo's ghost sit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

go3 posted:

anywhere he wants. :rimshot:

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

go3 posted:

He shares a seat with Crisler

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?

go3 posted:

Any place that's not within a 5 foot radius of a ring.

Feces Starship
Nov 11, 2008

in the great green room
goodnight moon
I'm so happy. It doesn't feel like elation, it feels like calm.

I don't know if winning will return, although I bet it does. But I do know that the era of stupid is over.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Show has started!

Mahasamatman
Nov 8, 2006

Flame on the trail headed for the powder keg

Deteriorata posted:

Show has started!

In case anyone wants to watch a big blue circlejerk:
http://www.mgoblue.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/harbaugh.html
:feelsgood:

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Simplex posted:

Well, I'll admit when I have to eat crow. Dude just really wanted to coach Michigan.

:hfive: You're alright in my book.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Jim rules 8 seconds in

BRAKE FOR MOOSE
Jun 6, 2001

Neodoomium posted:

Jim rules 8 seconds in

"Anybody see me trip on the way in? A lesser athlete would've gone down."

Feces Starship
Nov 11, 2008

in the great green room
goodnight moon
Brought the house down.

This pleases me. This heals me.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Feces Starship posted:

Brought the house down.

This pleases me. This heals me.

They just announced that the paid attendance was 110,428.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
Harbaugh caling out Zuniga for praise was awesome.

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

AsInHowe posted:

Harbaugh caling out Zuniga for praise was awesome.

Haha, yeah. He just sounds so goddamn excited to be here. It warms my heart. :3:

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Feces Starship
Nov 11, 2008

in the great green room
goodnight moon
He says this is a homecoming, and it feels like one. He's talking to his wife, to his brother in the front rows of the press conference. He's telling stories and remembering. He's talking to his dad. He's talking about the way that they used to save money to buy a Michigan sweatshirt from Moe's. He remembers running through Ann Arbor as a kid when the city was shut down by a blizzard. He remembered it feeling private, like it belonged to him.

It reminded me of being very very small and growing up here. I remember the fuzz of the radio driving in my dad's Plymouth Reliant as a broadcast from the Big House crackled through the speakers. It reminded me of seeing a bolt of dark blue shooting up from the top of a stocking hanging above the fireplace as I ran down the stairs and KNOWING that I got just what I wanted. It's about a public experience being made private and, at once, something deeply personal being shared with a whole community.

It reminded me of talking with my wife about Michigan. It reminded me of talking with my dad.

BRAKE FOR MOOSE
Jun 6, 2001

Who's got it better than us?

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Well, that's it for now. See you at the basketball game!

disheveled posted:

NO-BODY!

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

disheveled posted:

Alabama.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Feces Starship posted:

He says this is a homecoming, and it feels like one. He's talking to his wife, to his brother in the front rows of the press conference. He's telling stories and remembering. He's talking to his dad. He's talking about the way that they used to save money to buy a Michigan sweatshirt from Moe's. He remembers running through Ann Arbor as a kid when the city was shut down by a blizzard. He remembered it feeling private, like it belonged to him.

It reminded me of being very very small and growing up here. I remember the fuzz of the radio driving in my dad's Plymouth Reliant as a broadcast from the Big House crackled through the speakers. It reminded me of seeing a bolt of dark blue shooting up from the top of a stocking hanging above the fireplace as I ran down the stairs and KNOWING that I got just what I wanted. It's about a public experience being made private and, at once, something deeply personal being shared with a whole community.

It reminded me of talking with my wife about Michigan. It reminded me of talking with my dad.

:glomp:

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

DJExile posted:

So does all this effectively make Hackett the full time AD now?

I think so. He talked in the press conference like he would be. 'I'll evaluate in a year...'

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.
Yeah, you should keep the guy who landed Harbaugh.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Yeah, you should keep the guy who landed Harbaugh.

Agreed.

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO

Feces Starship posted:

And that's all the news from Lake Michigon

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO
Where the men are old, the women are old, and the children are somehow also old

Feces Starship
Nov 11, 2008

in the great green room
goodnight moon

Thermos H Christ posted:

And that's all the news from Lake Michigon

I think it might be time for all the children to be above average again.

EDIT: Seconds too late!

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
That's a good hire, especially for the money compared to the 8 mill figure that was getting thrown out yesterday.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Detroit_Dogg posted:

That's a good hire, especially for the money compared to the 8 mill figure that was getting thrown out yesterday.

It's a steal.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Feces Starship posted:

Jimbo is gonna look up a grade school friend and beat the poo poo out of him for lunch money again.

Glimm
Jul 27, 2005

Time is only gonna pass you by

I feel a bit better about the 49ers knowing that Jim basically just wanted to coach UM. I was really upset with Jed but it seems pretty clear now this was out of the organizations hands.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

Glimm posted:

I feel a bit better about the 49ers knowing that Jim basically just wanted to coach UM. I was really upset with Jed but it seems pretty clear now this was out of the organizations hands.

Not quite.

York pushed Jim out since he and Baalke didn't get along. He would still be with the 49ers had that not happened.

Glimm
Jul 27, 2005

Time is only gonna pass you by

Regnevelc posted:

Not quite.

York pushed Jim out since he and Baalke didn't get along. He would still be with the 49ers had that not happened.

Quit shattering my illusion please

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Regnevelc posted:

Not quite.

Yeah, I got the impression that Jim was just sick of owners, presidents, vice presidents, general managers, and everybody else meddling and trying to tell him how to do his job. At some point he just said "gently caress this, I'm going to Michigan where I will answer to no one."

Mahasamatman
Nov 8, 2006

Flame on the trail headed for the powder keg
I was very skeptical and cynical about all of this but the presser really helped assuage me. I felt the same way for Hoke's introductory PC but this time we definitely got the best candidate so even if things don't work out there was no better move at the time.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Regnevelc posted:

Harbaugh's yearly salary is 5M + incentives. Per Bacon from Hackett.

Maybe he did want to come back.

Told you he'd take a pay cut compared to what he could make in the NFL. Hope he's happy and it works out well for him in Michigan. I do see where he's coming from if the reports about him realizing his style was best suited for the college game are true.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Thermos H Christ posted:

Where the men are old, the women are old, and the children are somehow also old

Garrison Keillor should be the color guy for big 10 football

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I mean Power conference football is as big as the NFL for coaches, isn't it. You're on the same amount of TV, get paid the same.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

euphronius posted:

I mean Power conference football is as big as the NFL for coaches, isn't it. You're on the same amount of TV, get paid the same.

It's not the same money for most coaches.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
Today.rules. So much happiness.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Well, the basketball intro was short but well done.

At this point, the fat lady has sung and the soap opera in Ann Arbor has drawn to a close. We are a football school again.

I think future discussions can continue in other threads, so I will close this thread shortly unless somebody has a compelling reason to keep it open. Thanks to all the contributors.

• Locked thread