Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

I mean a game that matters. Nobody gives a poo poo about going to the Outback Bowl every year.

There are starving teams in Ohio that would KILL to go to the Outback Bowl, sir

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

sorry it's been supplanted by the Famous Idaho Potato Humanitarian Bowl

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Northwestern fans threw the goalposts into a lake and chanted "We're the worst!" when they broke the record for most consecutive losses, they're cool by me

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

John U. Bacon is not a real name.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

So if RichRod's awful experience at UM was his own making, what changed between then and now at 'zona?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

LeeMajors posted:

In actual coach-chat, do you guys see yourself going after a Schiano, or an Addazio to hold onto that run-first hard-nosed stuff, or do you anticipate a shift in offensive philosophy to go after someone that runs a spread or something?

I think I'm more intrigued by your coaching search than I was mine. So much at stake, really. As much as anyone, you guys are at a real crossroads. The wrong hire will probably keep you guys just a cockhair above .500 for the next 10-15.

I'm just always amazed at how insular and smug you guys have been throughout history.

Michigan can't handle all the Dudes Addazio will bring with him.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

charlie weis is available

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

RIP Michigan, killed by nerds from Newark

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

the source is me

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Aubergine Mage posted:

Are you willing to toxx yourself on this?

does it matter MV is banning him if Harbaugh isn't the HC either way

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

BigBoss posted:

At this exact moment, Michigan isn't competing for a national title. That doesn't mean it can't. That doesn't mean that a good coach there wont make millions over the next decade or two and retire a college football god. Don't confuse how good the team is right now for how powerful the allure of the job is. Michigan is a traditionally top flight team with a 100 years of history, tons of national interest, and more money than most anyone in the FBS. Wisconsin and Nebraska are both huge schools with loyal fan bases in the historically biggest and richest conference. A good coach leading the Huskers or Badgers to sustained national prominence would become mythological. I think that, more than just "who's good right now", is what is important. If that were the case then Boise would have been a top gig a few years ago, but realistically it wasn't.

I also don't believe 49ers are automatically a better gig for Harbaugh than Michigan just because it's in the pros. Ask Saban if the Dolphins were a better gig than Alabama, or Rick Pitino if the Celtics was a better job than Louisville and Kentucky. "Better" is a relative term.

jesus christ

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

R.D. Mangles posted:

lol Michigan is in the Big Ten, literally

Just because Purdue isn't competing for the national title right NOW, doesn't mean it won't be

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Feces Starship posted:

"Clearly, no Big Ten team could ever ascend to greatness," the not-Baylor not-TCU fan laughed haughtily.

I'm currently spending my time rooting for the Illinois State Redbirds to beat the Eastern Washington Eagles in the FCS Quarterfinals so throw your poo poo somewhere else

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Sash! posted:

It will be once all the Joebots are dead!

which will be never because that's all penn state produces

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

BigBoss posted:

If you had to put money on it, would you bet that the University of Michigan football team would remain poor over the next two decades, or would you think they are likely to return to glory? I'd say you'd have to be pretty dumb to think that a blue blood program like Michigan (or Texas, Notre Dame, and USC) won't at some point in the future be good again.

considering that Michigan is run by incompetents who favor history and picnic baskets over actually good football yes

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

The Schnellenberger?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Mahasamatman posted:

This poo poo won't happen we are going to hire Narduzzi at best but probably Addazio or Schiano or something stupid.

michigan doesn't deserve addazio's dudes

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Personally, my favorite Japanese theater is Noh Theater.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

BigBoss posted:

Ohio State is about to enter the Big House. Suddenly the sound of glass shattering is heard over the PA.

"Bah God, that's Stone Cold's music!"

gives Urban Meyer a stunner, then Devin Gardner a stunner, puts on a North Texas hat, catches a beer and walks out of the stadium

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

AsInHowe posted:

There's a rumor going around Ann Arbor that Michigan will be switching from Adidas to Nike for 2016-17. Merry Christmas.

i hope nike goes all out in their redesign :getin:

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

I hope Nike fudges the colors on the helmets and jerseys just subtly enough to make Michigan into the Delaware Blue Hens

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

congratulations on your new head coach, Eastern Michigan University

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

thank you police informant mgoblog for snitching on the lawbreakers michigan university and jim harbaugh

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

i can't wait until michigan gets slapped with a million sanctions for paying recruits and harbaugh jumps ship after 2 years

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

jesus christ shut the gently caress up you senile jackass

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Volkerball posted:

Yeah, but Stanford doesn't have the pedigree Michigan has. A lot of guys are going to want to be a part of the band getting back together in Michigan, just because of how iconic that team is. It'll be much easier there. And I definitely expect them to be among the top contenders for a National Championship on a regular basis after everyone gets established.

everyone kid wants to be part of the team that gets regularly shithoused by an SEC or PAC-12 team in the playoffs every year, you're right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Notre Dame is THE most recognizable team in College Football, they're still poo poo

• Locked thread