Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Neodoomium posted:

Is there anything Big Ten fans actually brag about? We're all pretty much eye-deep in self loathing.

Stadium capacity obviously

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Install those voting things from Star Search at every seat and crowdsource playcalling. You'll be on the cutting edge of fan involvement.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Crazy Ted posted:

Now there's a TV show name drop I haven't seen in a while.

Watched that poo poo all the time as a kid though :corsair:

Just trying to reach Michigan's key demo

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Punch Card posted:

You can't assign monetary value to being the idol of a cult of personality. Some people go crazy for that poo poo.

And you can only ascend to that level at the Steelers, but good luck getting that job.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Rad Valtar posted:

Please post flight records to confirm.

Reports indicate a major road into Ann Arbor has been covered in palm fronds and men close to Harbaugh have sent for a donkey.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Fred Jackson might be the worst coach of anything in all of college football

you say this in a world where Jay Paterno exists

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Neodoomium posted:

Lloyd still maintains an office in Schembechler Hall, does he not?

You should probably look in to this because it didn't work out so well the last time a Big Ten team with a super huge stadium let a former coach hang around.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Look at these poors buying pizza from something other than artisanal pizza bistros

jokes on me because no pizza is worth $30 unless it comes with a $20 next to it

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

seriously though little caesar's is gross kmart pizza so it should only be #2 if the list is "shittiest pizza" where #1 is one of those big rectangular ones they sell at Costco/Sam's Club/Other Ones Like That

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Rad Valtar posted:

The sources also know exactly what the 49ers are going to do because these sources are all knowing.

Maybe the source is Batman and he's using that cell phone spying thing from when he beat the Joker.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

I had a dream last night that Michigan hired Mike Tomlin and then the Steelers hired a guy named Brandon Hoke, which was just Brady Hoke with sunglasses.

I have foreseen the future. Alert the media.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

In my experience most boosters have zero idea what's going on at any real program.

Anyone using privileged information to win an argument is a goober anyhow too, which makes me doubt them anyhow because they're trying to win an argument. That's why I keep my lips shut when arguing about the topics I have the inside info on. That and the part where I'd go to prison. Or at least have to pay such a huge fine that I'd wish I was just in prison.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Michigan is deffo not Tier 1 atm, and I would absolutely not put Nebraska and Wisconsin in that same pool of jobs. Hell, Penn State isn't a GREAT job.

It will be once all the Joebots are dead!

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Alouicious posted:

which will be never because that's all penn state produces

Naw, there were plenty of anti-Paterno faction people 15 years ago and there will be more and more every year. It'll take a decade or so. Things will be helped out by the part where everything fell apart with bad teams, losing records, and scandal rather than him riding off into the sunset. The "Paterno Man" will be poison and, thankfully, his coaching tree is full of garbage that no one wanted in the first place.

As long as the team that's on the field is good at defense, the fanbase will be generally satisfied. If Franklin or the guy after Franklin wins a national title somehow, he'll be the new golden god-king.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

pillsburysoldier posted:

....really? Why? Wasn't he pretty great?

Because he wasn't Paterno and wouldn't kowtow to the old guard at all. Anyone with a brain in his head would have wanted BOB to hang around because that guy could work, like, wizard magic. He got McGloin to the NFL!

Michigan's got its barrel of problems, Penn State's got its problems. How bad was it for Bama in the 80s? How did FSU get past Bowden with relatively light trouble? Is VT going to be a disaster when Beamer retires? How come we stopped joking about Beamer's neck-Kuato?

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Would Ohio State have had problems if Hayes hadn't neckpunched someone in clear view of everyone?

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Adun posted:

Was there any iconic college football coach that wasn't a huge rear end in a top hat?

Everyone is a huge rear end in a top hat

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Alouicious posted:

The Schnellenberger?

You know he's putting cigars out on people's faces down at the jai alai fronton just because.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Bobby Bowden gave me the vibe that he could take casual racism to new heights.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Pakled posted:

This seems like the kind of thing that could have happened in the early days of football. I bet there's some 1920s NFL team that no longer exists that was coached by someone who coached at a local college that's now in division 3 at the same time.

Back in 1919, Penn State's head coach was also the Pirates manager.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

ugh that guy

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Volkerball posted:

a team that was perennially poo poo to the playoffs

Yes, those poor horrible Niners with the fifth best record overall since the merger, tied for fourth most winning seasons, and the only team to win five Super Bowls with no Super Bowl losses.

They've had their rough patch lately, but c'mon man they're not like the Browns or Lions, who are perennially poo poo.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

MourningView posted:

I don't know if you have actual read a Sash post but it's pretty clear he pretends that anything after about 1994 never happened.

This is how I learned that the NFL Standings after the AFL-NFL Merger wikipedia page is out of date

Also forgot that the Niners lost that one because I only remember Steelers Super Bowl wins. There's only so much space in there.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

All this hoopla, aggressive feelings, and everything is going to pay off in a month when the Michigan Hire Announcement will be some version of "who the hell is Kris Cinkovich?"

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

I can confirm that I saw Jim Harbuagh's processional moving across the Rockies.

I've heard he's distributing so much gold that he's devalued the metal in Reno, Salt Lake City, and Denver.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

MourningView posted:

I can spend a good like 5000 words ranting about how much I hate A Prarie Home Companion please do not bait me.

I don't even get what its supposed to be about and I'm literally an Old White Man

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Neodoomium posted:

Someone older than Old Man D spotted

Finally, someone that can tell us what happened between the Big Bang and the first Planck time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Dan Snyder is too busy trying to locate another source for unsafe peanuts from defunct airlines to worry about running Michigan too

• Locked thread