Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a life less
Jul 12, 2009

We are healthy only to the extent that our ideas are humane.

In response to the new PI rules/guidelines/attempt to breathe a bit of life into the subforum, here's a new thread. A thread in which I post a video that I did about my crazyass dog.

VIDEO: http://youtu.be/qftdlZngzgo

~~~Gifs from video~~~~

I'm plastering this all over Facebook and a few places on SA. I'm sure there are some of you who have seen this linked way too many times already. Sorry! But for those who haven't seen it, watch and enjoy. I definitely encourage sharing it. Between Youtube and Facebook it's been watched about 10,000 times in 4 days and shared 700+ times (that I can see) which is pretty nuts.

~~~Photo of crazyface~~~~

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

That photo is really fantastic :3:

a life less
Jul 12, 2009

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

That photo is really fantastic :3:

It shows her inner beauty

Dr Scoofles
Dec 6, 2004

How do you even begin to train a dog to do a handstand...paw stand? In my imagination your holding treats above its rear end and it's rear end just raises into the air, but I'm betting reality isn't so easy.

a life less
Jul 12, 2009

Dr Scoofles posted:

How do you even begin to train a dog to do a handstand...paw stand? In my imagination your holding treats above its rear end and it's rear end just raises into the air, but I'm betting reality isn't so easy.

Boy, it'd be swell if it worked like that.

It's not easy. The handstands that she has now (she has a walking version, a headstand [or nose stand], and a stationary handstand) have taken about... 3-4 years to teach all told. And it's still a work in progress. It's taught via shaping. Basically you start with teaching your dog to put its back feet on a book. Then you make it 2 books, then 3, 4, 5... then a pile. Then you move it to a wall. Then you start to fade the support from the wall. And before you know it, voila, handstand...

I'm sure some people can teach it much much faster that I did. I had no idea what I was doing. But for a big dog, and with no tail to act as ballast, I'm pretty proud of it.

Psychobabble!
Jun 22, 2010

Observing this filth unsettles me
Oh yeah well my dog can sit really well.

(Cohen :3:)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fraction
Mar 27, 2010

CATS RULE DOGS DROOL

FERRETS ARE ALSO PRETTY MEH, HONESTLY

Cohen is my dogspiration but I'm lazy. :saddowns: A Life Less please come and train my dumb dogs

• Locked thread