Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
movax
Aug 30, 2008

Discuss. What should I buy? Will one of them make me more irresistible to the opposite sex than the other? Will one of them make Jennifer Lawrence return my phone calls? I have heard Canon is objectively better than Nikon in every way, for what it's worth.

Rampant buyers' regretfanboyism is encouraged here for this weekend only.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrBlandAverage
Jul 2, 2003

GNNAAAARRRR
Neither. If you want to be irresistible to the opposite sex you need an ultra-large-format camera.

Whitezombi
Apr 26, 2006

With these Zombie Eyes he rendered her powerless - With this Zombie Grip he made her perform his every desire!
Polaroid. Instant gratification. :butt:

RangerScum
Apr 6, 2006

lol hey there buddy

movax posted:

I have heard Canon is objectively better than Nikon in every way, for what it's worth.

I believe you'd get your rear end kicked, sayin' somethin' like that, man.

feigning interest
Jun 22, 2007

I just hate seeing anything go to waste.
smh if you use a japanese consumer camera

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

feigning interest posted:

So my mju ii is bad and I should feel bad? :ohdear:

Whitezombi
Apr 26, 2006

With these Zombie Eyes he rendered her powerless - With this Zombie Grip he made her perform his every desire!

i thought all cameras are made in japan

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki
Both the Canon Pentax ME Super and the Nikon Pentax ME Super are equally good choices op.

Mightaswell
Dec 4, 2003

Not now chief, I'm in the fuckin' zone.
If you want to make sure people know your lens is expensive, you should go with Canon.

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

If you want a sensor made after the moon landing, Nikon is probably your best choice.

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.
The answer is obviously leica.

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Dorkroom Short Fiction Champion 2012

Young Orc
Can I interest you in the finest 2 megapixels every lovingly handcrafted in glorious Nippon?

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

8th-snype posted:

Can I interest you in the finest 2 megapixels every lovingly handcrafted in glorious Nippon?

this but unironically

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
A paint brush and some oils. #realtalent

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Young Orc

Pablo Bluth posted:

A paint brush and some oils. #realtalent

Okay I got, motor, olive and peanut oil. #nowwhat

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

Strip naked and cover yourself in them. Make sure you use the brush to get in to all the tight and difficult to reach spots. Roll around on a very large canvas. Become the darling of the art world. Win the Turner prize. Marry Jennifer Lawrence.

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc

Pablo Bluth posted:

Strip naked and cover yourself in them. Make sure you use the brush to get in to all the tight and difficult to reach spots. Roll around on a very large canvas. Become the darling of the art world. Win the Turner prize. Marry Jennifer Lawrence.

I already have that on my schedule for next tuesday.

erephus
May 24, 2012
\o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/
\o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/

movax posted:

I have heard Canon is objectively better than Nikon in every way, for what it's worth.

It is true that there is no pixel like a Canon pixel, it is mind blowing when considering what magic that Canon have in their camera system.

Mightaswell
Dec 4, 2003

If you like good lenses and cameras designed for adults then Canon is for you.

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc

Mightaswell posted:

If you like clown lenses and clown cameras designed for adult clowns to use at a circus then Canon is for you.

ftfy

feigning interest
Jun 22, 2007

i tried to photograph a sad clown with a canon camera but the sensor couldn't pick up the dynamic range

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc

i tried to photograph a sad clown with a canon camera but the sensor couldn't pick up the dynamic range

so what you are saying is it's a bad selfie camera?

dakana
Aug 28, 2006
So I packed up my Salvador Dali print of two blindfolded dental hygienists trying to make a circle on an Etch-a-Sketch and headed for California.
two camera brands at the same time, man

this is me circa 2011

im the dude

dakana fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Nov 1, 2014

feigning interest
Jun 22, 2007

8th-snype posted:

so what you are saying is it's a bad selfie camera?

no because being a clown would imply that i'm allowed near children or that someone would invite me to a party

dakana posted:

two camera brands at the same time, man

this is me circa 2011

im the dude

thnaks for clearing that up because I would have guessed that you were the photographer

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.
Could always use a canon body with a lens adaptor and Nikon lenses.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

An adaptor to use Sony FE-mount lenses on Canon bodies is the way to go.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

thnaks for clearing that up because I would have guessed that you were the photographer

lol

dakana you need to regrow that hair

Tony Two Bapes
Mar 30, 2009
the bronica system is a Good System for Not A Lot of Money.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Tony Two Bapes posted:

the bronica system is a Good System for Not A Lot of Money.

me when i started buying my bronica system: :homebrew:

Chitin
Apr 29, 2007

It is no sign of health to be well-adjusted to a profoundly sick society.
I bought a Canon and three days later I was dead.

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax

Chitin posted:

I bought a Canon and three days later I was dead.
I'm glad of it.

Mightaswell
Dec 4, 2003

can we have a film vs digital thread next?

also i'd just like to remind everyone that the only lenses Nikon has that are better than Canon's are the ones where there is no Canon equivalent.

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc

Mightaswell posted:

can we have a film vs digital thread next?

also i'd just like to remind everyone that the only lenses Nikon has that are better than Canon's are the ones where there is no Canon equivalent.

There are no canon equivalents to any nikon lenses because you have to mount canon ones on a bad camera.

FAKE EDIT: nvm I forgot you can adapt canon lenses to Fuji XF mount so I am wrong, all you need is an adapter.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
No actual professional uses Nikon op hth

Moon Potato
May 12, 2003

Just buy whatever then throw it out when Sigma makes an Art/Sport version of it.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

pentax me super

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

DJExile posted:

pentax me super

technically nikon bears a closer relation to this than canon does

'pentax' was considered and rejected as a name for nippon kogaku's slr division before they settled on nikon

also you can sort-of-not-really-also-hold-onto-it mount nikon lenses on pentax film bodies. bayonet doesn't lock though.

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007

Moon Potato posted:

Just buy whatever then throw it out when Sigma makes an Art/Sport version of it.

timrenzi574
Sep 11, 2001

Axel Serenity posted:

No actual professional uses Nikon op hth

Krock is totally back on Nikons nuts because of the D750 :colbert:

And that Tony Northrup guy was totally going to switch but then he discovered focus breathing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

real pros just steal stills from their 4k video footage.

• Locked thread