Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
smoke sumthin bitch
Dec 14, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
ok so my laptop (toshiba satellite pro s500) used to have a bad battery. It would go from 100% charge to 0% in like 5mins when not plugged in and my ac adapters would only last for a few months before breaking. I guess the charge was too intense with the battery draining like that.

A few weeks ago the laptop turned off as I was using it and I could smell a burnt plastic odor. I had figured that the battery must of finally died so I bought a new one and a new adapter but it doesn't seem to work. When plugged in, the ac light just keeps blinking. I tried removing the battery and pressing the power button for a minute but that didnt work. no sure what to do at this point

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008
fucking stupid, dont listen to me
Did you see any burnt/melted plastic near the battery contacts? Was it the battery that smelled burnt, or does the laptop still have it? If the laptop still has it, something might have ended up getting burnt on the motherboard, which is a pretty big deal to fix.

• Locked thread