Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

CJacobs posted:

The concept of Eden Tokens makes total sense, though. If you could play as Eden infinitely for free then you could just restart until you have a superpowered loadout from the beginning and don't tell me you wouldn't do that because absolutely everybody would. There has to be something keeping you from infinitely restarting as Eden and even if you do build up a lot of tokens, you can't just throw away runs forever or you'll run out again.

I restart every character until the starting room is connected to a treasure room with something good inside anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Krinkle posted:

Man there's no way to do that on the vita. There's also no way to drop pills/trinkets. I only can use pills by tapping the screen but it won't work if I'm also touching the back screen which makes me think the back screen can be used for something but I can't figure it out. I can't find any control instructions anywhere but I can play on the toilet so I'll make do.

Also no seeds that I get off the internet work.

Also certain sound effects like "whoa, a secret room" or the brimstone hellbarf yell just get disabled and won't happen again.

e: I just picked up the broken remote so until I find a new trinket or figure out the controls this game is pretty unplayable.

Don't worry I'm on PC and my drop items button doesn't work either.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Color Printer posted:

You gotta hold the button down for at least a good two seconds or so. If it doesn't work your controller's hosed up or something. (Can't speak for Vita though)

I'm using the keyboard and I could hold it down until the cows come home but it never works for me even after I tried changing what button it is.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

The loving polaroid and negative spawn in the worst places. Always on top of me and it just automatically picks one up. I wish it waited a few seconds.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Amnesia pills make me want to poo poo my pants in anger :argh:

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

The first floor treasure room I just got had a Yum Heart in it.

I was playing as Magdalene

:suicide:

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Does Mom's Knife do static damage or is it based on your tear damage stat?

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

I think I've used a sacrifice room maybe twice ever in like 200+ hours combined of the first game and rebirth.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Does luck down mess up like the original? I remember about how it would roll over and instead of negative luck it would turn into maximum luck or something like that.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Wow I just learned that Bad Trip pills turn into Full Health if you are at 1 heart. I'm mad at myself for playing this game so much and yet not knowing that until now.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Just got my first Mega Satan kill on my second try. I know it's been said over and over but it should really unlock something. It's the most unique boss fight in the game and you don't get poo poo for it. Not even an icon on the post it note to see what characters you've done it on.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

The lost is supposed to be stupid hard you goddamn whiners. Half of you wouldn't even know he existed if you didn't read about it.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

So the wiki is a loving liar and Chocolate Milk does not reverse picking up Anti-Gravity :argh:

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Good god I hate brimstone and any charged shot item. It wouldn't be so loving terrible if it wasn't bugged to hell for me and doesn't charge right half the time or fires by itself for no reason.

I also hate loving trapdoors and not being able to know if it will automatically take me to the next floor or if it's an item room.

drunken officeparty fucked around with this message at 08:37 on Nov 30, 2014

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Do seeded runs save your donation machine contributions? Can I find one with a first floor dollar or something and do it over and over to fill it up?

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

HGH posted:

Man, it feels like Key Beggars are stupidly voracious for their payouts. I had the Skeleton Key so I kept throwing them at him. He took around 45 keys with like 6 or 7 payouts only in return.

Do they even 'pop' and give a pedestal item? I can only remember shoving keys into their face and getting chests in return until I get bored and blow him up.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Can you aim the chaos card? It feels like it shoots off in a random direction.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

CJacobs posted:

It goes in the direction you're currently firing when you press the use button. If you're not aiming in a direction when you use it, it'll be wasted.

I mean I know that's how it should work, but I can never get it right. Maybe 1 in 5 times it will actually go where I want it to go.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Does the lump of coal from Krampus lower your damage if you shoot at point blank? Or is it only increasing from your base damage if it goes far?

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

I can't for the life of me get a lamb kill on Eve. That's the last one I need to have lamb/chest done on every character except Azazel and Eden.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Can you get Eden when you pick random character?

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Just killed The Lamb with Eden (and managed Mega Satan with only 1 heart left at the end after :smug:) and now all I have left is Azazel to have everything finished on all characters except the boss rushes. On easy mode at least. And not with The Lost.

drat I have a lot to do still. I loving hate Azazel and might just skip him all together.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

I've finally beaten The Lamb with Azazel (hate that character, hate brimstone) :toot:. Now I've done every boss on every character except The Lost on normal mode. Only thing left is the boss rushes.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Can you still use seeds to unlock the lost?

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Does anyone else ever find themselves bombing for the secret room even after you've already found it?

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

I just died as Azazel doing the last part to unlock The Lost. Do I have to start all over :negative:

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

The wiki is telling me that you can no longer use seeds to unlock The Lost, but this thread is telling me that you can. So which is it.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

What form of Satan do I die on as Azazel? When he is shooting bullets/brimstones, or when his feet are stomping down?

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

So either I did something wrong, which is entirely possible, or the wiki is right and you can no longer use seeds to unlock The Lost. I will never in a million years be able to unlock him the hard way so I guess I have to resign myself to never playing as him.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

I just bought Afterbirth literally minutes ago. Why in the gently caress would he remove mouse aiming functionality and force me to change settings files to get it back, and when I do a big gently caress off crosshair shows up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Red Mundus posted:

If you don't move the mouse the crosshair will disappear. It only shows up at start-up and when mouse movement is detected.

But yeah, it's dumb. Turns the "Marked" from "never" to "always pick up".

I want to use the mouse to shoot though. I just don't want a giant crosshair.