Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Why do runners go out of their way to not pick up soul hearts til the end of the floor?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Just had a great habit + d6 + polyphemus/small rcok/max fire rate run end because I forgot that spikes do a full heart of damage while trying to abuse rerolls with a sun cards :negative:

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Soul Glo posted:

Uhhh, Mom always drops the Polaroid.

Only if the trinket pool isn't empty. If you've already seen every trinket you won't get a Polaroid from Mom.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

I almost forgot to preorder, but I fixed that and the next 8.5 hours are going to be a rough wait.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Rebirth music status: :getin:
Rebirth sound effect status: :frogout:

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

New boss Mega Fatty's jump usually lands before I can get my stick out of the deadzone Also found a new spacebar item called flush, but can't figure out what it actually does.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Infestation 2 owns so hard.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Is it just me or are secret rooms much weaker in this one? I keep getting 2 bombs or 2 keys instead of cash or collectibles.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

The Head Trauma challenge is loving horrible. Aiming your shots is a bitch and you have neither dps nor single hit damage.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Comrade Flynn posted:

What the gently caress does mom's toenail do?

Random momstomps about once a room.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

The almighty brimovico technique :stonk:

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Anyone know what the There's Options? unlock does? I've been feeding the shop every chance I get.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Hookworm helps quad tech lasers hit everything in their path, even when they're super skinny like this.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Gonna have to agree that the filter in The Womb is physically painful to look at. What the gently caress were they thinking?

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Are there any other items that work well with Azazel's minibrimstone besides Tammy's Head? I've noticed that range ups don't work and while Inner Eye does make it do comical amounts of damage it charges super slow in the process.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Wittgen posted:

I forget the exact name, but it's the *something* method. It creates a gigantic laser death ring that you move independently of yourself. It is godly.

Ludovico Technique. Good to know that works on it as well as the regular version.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

I just oneshotted Mom's Heart with Azazel+Tammy's Head :stonk:

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Clearly Ed isn't a fan of Cards Against Humanity.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Loot posted:

Was streaming to some friends, had a Lazarus run going (Went fairly smooth, too, got my Coat Hanger ending). However at one point, slight problem.

This loving room blocked me if I didn't have any bombs. What the gently caress.

There's usually a bomb in each of the little corner nooks.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Yodzilla posted:

Wow the thing that makes your tears just one permanent glob on the screen that you move around with aim buttons is loving TERRIBLE. That might be the most broken, useless weapon variant ever in Binding of Isaac.

It's actually really, really good if you have some damage bonuses and pretty good otherwise if you're good at multitasking. It also turns brimstone into a giant permanent death ring.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Coal+Ludovico Technique makes your tears bigger based on your distance from them.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

The hole down to Sheol hosed up on the run that I unlocked Everything's Terrible with, sending me to the Cathedral. There I found Infamy and facetanked Isaac after whiffing a Tammy's Head shot with Azazel.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

IronicDongz posted:

I just beat isaac on one red heart and it was, very stressful
No problems with the tear patterns but the carpet-bombing light rays are a massive pain in the dick.

The light rays don't hit the corners as far as I can tell.

Plan Z posted:

Similar question that may have been asked, but what are the stone rooms with the single spike square in the center supposed to be? Looks like they're marked with chains or something on the mini-map.

Digging the game so far. It's more challenging without frame-rate drops.

Sacrifice rooms. Sometimes you get loot for impaling yourself on the spikes. In the old version you were limited to one drop per room and were guaranteed something if it dropped you to your last half heart.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Anyone have any tips for Cat Got Your Tongue? I'm starting to get the hang of killing things with the hairball but I'm loving awful at fighting bosses with it.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Damo posted:

Little neat thing I noticed of barely any use, but cool nonetheless -- if you hold down Select/Tab on the pause screen, you can toggle between the name of the currently equipped tarot card, and it's one line description.

You don't have to pause, it switches when you hold the map button.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Oxxidation posted:

Is there anything to be gained by playing Hard Mode or the challenges, or is it just a "because I can" sort of thing?

Challenges give unlocks. For example, The Tank unlocks a new consumable that reveals the entire map, including both secret rooms.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Ugh, the worst part of Head Trauma is that I'm pretty much guaranteed to gently caress up at least one bomb per run by forgetting to wait til all the shots are clear before dropping it.

e:

:wtc:

dis astranagant fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Nov 6, 2014

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Guppy mode in Head Trauma is nuts, but I'm not sure I want to give up the boss shredding power of the shears.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

IronicDongz posted:

You don't need to keep the spacebar item to stay Guppy.

Was just about to post that :stare:

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Rocketlex posted:

Yeah, I used him on a suicide run for Eve and it only took a few minutes. I can't imagine going too deep with him, though. Do Range Ups actually increase his range? They don't seem to.

The only things that seem to increase Azazel's range are Brimstone (which gives you the real deal, but it seems to charge a little faster on him) and Ludovico Technique (which wins the run). Pick up Tammy's Head and/or inner eye/mutant spider/polyphemus and you can instakill most bosses.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

The Cursed! challenge is way easy when you get the holy shield item that blocks 1 hit every room.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Sanctum posted:

What does it do that's worse than Bob? Blowing up in your face for a full hearts worth of damage as well as blowing up slot machines that payout with flies is pretty bad.

Blows up in your face completely out of your control.

e:
I was so excited when I barely killed Mom on Solar System, then I noticed the hole down to the Womb :negative:

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Protip: Don't use the dice room on 1 while on a blindfolded challenge. Solar system sucked but at least I could attack things.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

The worst part of Solar System is not being able to break gold poop. Really wish these dumb flies could.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

IMJack posted:

If it starts you with an item set, it has no treasure rooms.

Except for Cursed!, which spawns you with a bunch of map items.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Does can Forever Alone and Distant Admiration carry the fear tears effect?

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Beans! is the worst loving thing and I'm glad I never have to touch it again.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

How do you guys approach Lazarus? I'm tempted to just impale him on a sacrifice or curse room asap because he's so drat useless on the first life.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Is Pyromaniac for player bombs only or does it work on things like trollbombs, exploding blocks and puke shots?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Abusing the hell out of Pyromaniac + 20/20 + Shielded Tears and a ton of tears up pills got me my first Lazarus win. Had all of 4 max hearts going into the Heart but the only things that could hurt me were the laser eyes. Also had Money = Power and 80 cents, so my tears were pretty big. Really should have killed myself early on for the range up, though.