Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Mr. Locke posted:

A lot of it is just getting used to hard fights not having a safety buffer. Poloroid was real good and most of my Afterbirth-era runs ended with no red health because never not devil deals. The biggest issue with Mother when a run goes bad is not that I get hit once, it's I get hit like three times because once it turns out you're NOT safe where you thought you were safe, it's often too late to figure out where 'safe' is without eating a lot more poo poo.

I think you're right. As soon as I mess up, I just get burned down. It's kind of an all-or-nothing fight.

I'm also having a helluva time getting extra HP for the fight. Most of the time I have 3-4 red hearts and maybe a couple blues.

Is there a character that's best set up for it? I've mostly used Cain for the key you start off with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I loving DID IT

It took Azazel and a loving BONKERS build but Mother is finally dead. I play muted so I don't know what is said during the cutscene but I can just watch it later.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I'm just gonna say that Lacagraphy, Pop! and rubber cement together is top-tier shenanigans and I loved it.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

This game is loving wild, I tell ya.

I struggled to do the Mother fight for so long and I just beat her while only taking damage from the rush attacks because my speed was so low.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Black August posted:

the Tainted characters are cool in that a lot of them feel like "what if we gave each different character a genuinely unique and thematic mechanic" with ten years of experience to inform the designs

Tainted Keeper should have been the default this entire time

I have every character unlocked. How do I started unlocking the tainted ones?

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

WizWoz posted:

Does anyone else have love for the dull razor? It has to be one of my favourite use items in the game. Trivialises Samson, lets you into curse rooms for free, synergises with loads of powerful items, and if you're lucky enough to have the habit and 9 volt it's infinite invincibility!

I haven't had a good play with it, same with magnetized tears. Not the once that make enemies magnetized (which rules) but the ones that pull in everything. Seems like a liability.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Does Forgotten not have an alt?

I've gotten to Home three times and the chest had mom items, not the key. I even tried without having a trinket and no go.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I played a round with Fruit Cake and some shots made gravity wells with a demonic eye in it and some spawned Big Horn's hands to slap and grab enemies.

Can you get those effects with other items?

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Color Printer posted:

Hey is it just me or is Bumbino kind of loving ridiculous for a caves boss

Yeah, I hate that fight and never have enough damage to breeze through it.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Hot drat The Forgotten's alt rules!

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I keep getting good runs with Maggie (love her new hair, as well) but keep forgetting to grab the Fool card before fighting mom. Three times in a row I blaze through and forget what I'm really after.
Last run also got me down to 0.5 speed which is the lowest I've ever seen, which is okay since my dmg was absurd.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I am loving all the tainted characters so far. When they said this was nearly a sequel's worth of content, they weren't foolin'.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I finally got to The Beast (kept dying on Death) and it was really easy, even with 0.8 speed. I was expecting more...

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

If you hit Plum at all, do you have to kill it or can you still wait out the fight?

I jam the spacebar on every transition screen so I usually don't see who I'm fighting and just start blasting.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Tainted lIlith sure is something...

I just had an absurd run with Ludovico, magnet tears, poison tears, spore shot and gnawed leaf.
I entered every room, took my hands off the keyboard and won a second later.

Spore shot is my favorite new item. That kind of cascade effect is very satisfying.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

For the Planetarium, what constitutes "skipping" a treasure room?
Do you have to unlock it and then not take the item or can I ignore it all together?

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Can you move a save file to a different slot?
One and two are empty but for some reason my main file is on number three.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I've failed to unlock so many tainted characters because I thought I dropped a trinket in basement 1, not 2 :negative:

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

So many times I've gotten very close to unlocking tainted Keeper that I think I'm cursed.

This last time I had The Fool at the right time but bought the Pill Jar. It gave me two pills and deleted my Fool card.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

MOTHERFUCK!

I got yet another great Keeper run going, nearly unlocked tainted and accidentally used a black rune in the room that had the Fool card.
I'm seriously loving cursed.

BUT! I learned that Soy Milk for Keeper is actually quite good. Not sure if it is something I'd take all the time but I don't think it is a run killer anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY