Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Are there unlocks for beating the Boss rush with each character?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Something new that make The Poop not worthless: You can blow up poop to make bridges like rocks! Mushrooms too.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
If anyone was wondering about the Red Candle you unlock for 400 cents donated to the shop, it's basically the candle from the first game and pretty great. The main difference is that the flames stick around until they do a certain amount of damage to enemies, so you set flame traps everywhere even if you don't hit anything. And the best part is the flames don't hurt you!

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Kurtofan posted:

What's the item that makes you not able to shoot tears? (from those challenges)

It's not an actual item, thankfully.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Dewgy posted:

Flush plus the petrified poop is a fantastic combination. So much free poo poo from poop.

Yeah Petrified Poop is amazing with a Card Against Humanity too, especially if it's in a quadruple size room.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

"You've got 10 cents left, why don't you donate it? *wink**wink*"

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Alteisen posted:

Just did a power swap and I don't know what the gently caress I got.

I know one of them was Brimstone but I couldn't fire it normally, instead I'd create little brimstone portals that would then fire, I could have like 7 or 8 in any given room just blasting poo poo, it also changed colors every room, one of them was pink and would veer to hit things, it was pretty funky.

Sounds like Anti-gravity shots and Rainbow shots.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Saigyouji posted:

The coat hanger being an unlockable now is possibly the cruelest joke this game has played.

It was unlockable in the original too.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Are there any items/enemies in the original game that were removed for this one? I know there are some room layouts that don't show up in Rebirth.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Davincie posted:

is sissy long legs broken? never seen it spawn a spider and used it during 2 full runs

She spawns spiders when she gets close to enemies I think.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Vakal posted:

ET9A
Y93L

Pyromaniac and Kamikaze Vest. Fun times.

Wow I never thought of this. Doesn't that make you immortal?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Runcible Spoon posted:

Finally got my first Cathedral clear. Even with shielded tears and a maxed-out fire rate, I was still down to two hearts by the end because of that loving screenwide beam sweep, gently caress whoever designed that attack.

...As for my actual question, I'm standing here in a Devil Room with Chocolate Milk, and Brimstone is for sale. Will those two still screw each other up, or did they fix that for Rebirth?

Standing in the corner dodges the beam sweep 95% of the time.

And Brimstone worked with Chocolate milk even in the original, what are you on about?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
It had that bug yeah, but it allowed you to fire off mini-brimstone beams with no charge so that was a good trade-off.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

octobernight posted:

The jerza (sp?) rune is pretty awesome. It duplicates all drops in a room, including chests. After I found one in the womb, I decided to hold onto it till the Chest, and yep, 8 items to re-roll.

get the item that lets you hold 2 cards/runes and the blank card and use all 3 in the chest/dark room. 32 items :getin:

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Malt posted:

Is there a guide or post somewhere that gives an idea of progression in this game? Do I just keep killing the heart and eventually stumble upon the content myself?

Unlock all characters, beat all Challenges, beat Mom's heart, Isaac, ???, Satan, The Lamb, and Boss rush with all characters.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Mega Satan seems completely optional as far as I can tell. Aside from unlocking his door there's no achievements/secrets related to him.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Dang, I thought I was doing good in the Family Man challenge. Didn't get very good upgrades but I managed to barely beat Mom's Heart...then the Cathedral portal showed up. :suicide:

EDIT: Any tips for The Family Man and Cat Got Your Tongue? I can't really think of much besides Krampus' Head and Brimstone Baby.

RatHat fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Nov 12, 2014

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Anyone know yet what gameplay changes there are? It's really dumb they don't specify in the patch notes.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Logan 5 posted:

Really you're just looking to luck out on a run that will offer you loads of followers and/or other non-tears upgrades and damage outputs, like gemini, ball of tar, etc. Apparently you unlock more followers by beating hardmode with different characters but I havent done any of those yet.

Nah, you unlock more co-op babies. As far as I know there's no actual items.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Uh, anyone else having sound effects only come out through the right speaker after the update?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

PantsBandit posted:

Cool, I was worried that I had stumbled across the end on accident and it was extremely underwhelming. I could see how it would be difficult normally but like I said with my build it was completely trivial.

Isaac isn't the final boss but imo he is one of the toughest. Mainly due to his 2nd form where he flies around throwing angel babies and lasers at you.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Pro-tip: Using a hematemesis pill in the super secret room that contains 1 black/sin heart will make hematemesis spawn black hearts instead of red ones. I suspect the Lovers tarot card would probably do the same thing, and maybe the Jar too.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Finally managed to beat the Family man due to getting the Demon beggar familiar and the Pinking Shears. Those two items took care of my defense and offense. Also did the Glass Cannon challenge right afterwards, and man is it easy.

So I only have a few challenges left, and I'm wondering if there's anything you unlock for completing them all besides an achievement? I kinda want to leave Suicide King incomplete so I don't add the useless item it unlocks to my item pool.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

wyoming posted:

Man this game is weird, how is Slow Roll even a challenge?

Because it's a pain in the rear end to destroy poop/fires.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
So if you get both Kamikaze and Pyromaniac can you just spam Kamikaze and essentially be invincible?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

HGH posted:

That's amazing, I don't know why I never tried it.
Speaking of the Credit Card, is there any stable source to find Runes and non-Arcana/Deck cards?

Skulls(the environmental objects, not the enemies) drop cards a lot. I dunno about runes. Also mushrooms drop pills a lot.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
You could theoretically use the broken remote to get the I Am Error room every floor and skip all the bosses couldn't you? Speaking of that, if you go to the next floor like that(or with the shovel) on Womb 2 without either the polaroid or negative, do you go to Sheol or the Cathedral?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Atomicated posted:

Is there something weird about how the D4 and dice rooms work that make the load outs they give you tend to be pretty good. Unless the reroll includes an item that is really bad (like cursed charge) it always feels like the load out it gives me tends to be better than the same amount of power ups achieved naturally through a run. Maybe its just confirmation bias on my end.

It might be because the items roll from the entire item pool, where as most of the items you have are treasure room or shop items.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
How many no-damage achievements are there? Got Mama's Boy on an amazing run so I have 4 now.

Also I guess those achievements don't count self-damage like spikes or blood machines.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

I have Epic Fetus and the ability to take Mom's Knife from Satan. Do they play well together now or is this a super bad idea?

Sadly it doesn't do anything. It might affect the damage but it doesn't change how Epic Fetus works at all.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

drunken officeparty posted:

What determines when you shoot a special tear effect? Is it based on luck?

Yep. At max Luck it scales up to 100%. Luck is tough to level up in this game though, so you'd need tons of Luck up pills to get to max.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
So the Chaos card is pretty nuts. It one-shots bosses(though it might not insta-kill bosses with multiple forms) and can destroy rocks if you really need it to. And the Black card works with it.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Atomicated posted:

Is Monstro's Lung miserable if you already have ipecac?

No it's amazing.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
So uh, don't use Tammy's Head in the Suicide King challenge if you value your run.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Also, if you hold Tab it will tell you what floor you're on.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
The Doctor's Remote is actually pretty great now. Each activation calls down like 4-5 mortars so it'll one-shot a lot of bosses. It only takes 2 rooms to charge too.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

AnonSpore posted:

Holy poo poo the lost, it's amazing and terrible and Jesus Christ how do people manage this.

Yeah I really underestimated how hard it is to not get hit even once. It really changes how you play, and a lot of items are completely useless(an example is that Beggars probably aren't worth it since they mostly give health-up items). Also you can't use curse rooms unless you have holy mantle or they're next to a secret room.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Tollymain posted:

wait, i figured the lost would at least be immune to curse room doors. that's just :(

Well since you have flying you don't take damage going into a curse room, but you do coming out. So you'll need some way to teleport or bombing into a secret room to get out.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

goodness posted:

Or do because they give you a ton of pills/items.

Problem is they explode into poison gas occasionally. If you have a few hearts to spare it's worth it, but obviously not viable for the Lost.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Aaaaaaaaaaaa

Had an amazing Eve run going for my final unlock with her(The Lamb) and a bomb knocked me into the Polaroid. :argh: