Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

IUG posted:

I just relaunched Steam and clicked Pre-Load. It's on my local Library now, whereas it wasn't a few hours before when I was trying to add it to my library. The last game could be launched without Steam, so I'm guessing that they're not letting you add BoIR because it may not have DRM either. If it downloaded, maybe you could play it right away.

I'm too excited for this.

Anyone tried VPNing to a JP/AUS location to see if it'll unlock early?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

IronicDongz posted:

How are there still people who like the lovely newgrounds flash aesthetic

I could take or leave the flash aesthetic, I just want the ability to play the old misuc.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Glare Seethe posted:

Basement Boy is definitely bugged, I got it but like others am pretty sure I got hit a couple of times and in any case it should've unlocked Samson I think but didn't. I also beat Mom's Heart just now and unlocked Eden but after doing one Eden run s/he's now locked again. Not sure what "Eden Tokens" are.

The game runs so smoothly, it's a real treat.

To Expand upon VolticSurge, Eden is the randomizer character. She starts with completely randomized stats and 2 random items. She's kind of a reward for playing through the regular characters because she has the potential to start either broken good or broken bad. Beat the game more to be able to play as Eden more.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

CJacobs posted:

What does the paper in the top left of the character select screen mean?

For one of my characters it's this, but for everyone else it's blank.

Have you beaten Mom/Sheol with that character?

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
So is it just me or is Cain not the top tier pick anymore? It seems like Luck Foot doesn't guarantee good pills anymore, I've gotten stat down pills now with him. I've had way more luck with Azazel than anyone really.

For people on Cathedral/Chest: Does Isaac eventually unlock/start with the d20 like in the old game?

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Johnny Truant posted:

So I took work off today so I could play Rebirth. First thing that happens after I install it?

Missing executable file, game won't start.

This game is already infuriating me and I haven't even loving PLAYED it yet.

I haven't even booted the PC version yet, but the PS4 one works like a charm. :gitgud:

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Johnny Truant posted:

I'm re-installing right now, if this doesn't work I'm going to switch to the PS4. Never played Isaac with a controller though, that'll be interesting.

The way it's set up on PS4 is you can move with the dpad or left stick, and you can fire with the face buttons or the right stick. I wind up using the left stick to move and the face buttons to fire. The hardest part is getting use to the shoulder buttons for the active items.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

IMJack posted:

Unless I'm terribly mistaken, I got Basement Boy in my first run despite taking damage to my soul/black hearts.

The unlock requirement for Samson is truly not being hit for two entire floors, entrance to exit. Simply killing the boss isn't enough for Samson and Eve, you have to exit the floor without getting hit or picking up any heart.

Am I correct in assuming sleeping in the bed behind a double-bomb door is a full heal? Does it do anything else?

Bomb the rug in that room and you'll get to a secret room with a chest/item.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Rashomon posted:

I came here to ask about this Boss Rush thing; I just experienced it and didn't know wtf it was. What is it?

Also, I got Dark Boy accidentally already. Welp.

When you kill Mom or any boss after the Heart, One of the walls crumbles away and leads to a 2x2 room with 4 items in it. When you grab an item the others despawn, the doors lock, and you get thrown into a massive boss rush. Clearing the boss rush gives you rewards that I think are character dependent.

Edit:vvvvvvv I think you have to kill all the spawnable bosses that can spawn in that region.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
I've decided the game hates me. I used 2 Eden tokens since the game came out and both times it gave me minimum speed and the poop as an active item. I didn't make it past the second floor either run.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Agent Kool-Aid posted:

at this point i just want to ignore it because more often than not you're going to get hit by the blast because there's really no controlling it

Yeah, I just treat it like Ipecac in old Isaac: A novelty that you should more than likely pass on if you see it.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Rirse posted:

So which crappy item is it that makes you teleport out of a room if you get hit? Could never finish regular mom because every hit threw me into a random room.

IIRC Crystal skull does that. Also the broken remote can teleport you when you use an item too.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Not Al-Qaeda posted:

Tammys head on azael owns

One of the challenges gives you max damage giant polyphemus piercing boomerang shots and I got Tammy head on the second floor and wound up walking into a room, filling it with 360 degrees of piercing hot pointy boomerang death and repeating.

I literally one shot Mom's Heart and it was great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

TheModernAmerican posted:

Alright so I killed mom (and got all the no hit achievements) because I got Ludovico on Azazel on the first floor.

Then there was this massive boss rush thing that I managed to beat but it sapped away enough of my health to be able to get to Mom's heart. I really need to learn which items will kill my run because that broken remote thing is probably the worst trinket in the game. It teleports you every time you use your active item.

That is potentially useful if you're trying to get into the I am Error room or if you run out of keys and have an item that recharges quick like the blue candle. Not something you want for every situation though.