Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Heran Bago posted:

I hate the general aesthetic of this series and the pixels don't make it any better.

The gameplay though, oh man. I plan to play the gently caress out of this game. Not as much as some of your guys and your dozens and hundreds of hours in WotL though.

Controller support! It's almost like I'm not playing a flash game.

Agreed. Between the art style, the scatological humor/dead babies/grimdark "lol xians" plot all straight out of late-90s Newgrounds, the unoptimized piece of poo poo Flash engine, and the smug as poo poo "Want to use a controller? Google Joy2Key :smuggo:" control scheme The Binding of Isaac was a game that really, really went out of its way to be unappealing despite having some stellar core gameplay.

The fact that after two years a twin-stick shooter finally has actual support for twin analogue sticks makes me look forward to inevitably snapping up Rebirth in a Humble Bundle or Steam sale a few months from now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU