Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Good-Natured Filth
Jun 8, 2008

Do you think I've got the goods Bubblegum? Cuz I am INTO this stuff!

Made my last run of BoI tonight and uninstalled in preparation for Rebirth. Didn't get any God achievements, but I did beat the Chest properly once. Hopefully, I'll do better in Rebirth since I'm getting in at launch instead of a year later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good-Natured Filth
Jun 8, 2008

I picked up the game after a long time away (hadn't played since Rebirth came out) and have been playing off-and-on when I get the urge. I think Repentance is great, but I have hit a wall with progression. I'm stuck in trying to get to / beat Mother right now. I do okay with other boss paths (???/Lamb with every character I have, Mega Satan with most of them, Hush with a few, Delirium with one so far, and Ultra Greed with a few), but I usually die on my way to Mother when I attempt that path.

I don't know if I need to be better at knowing pickups, if I'm missing out on an ideal path to follow (e.g. should I not go to Downpour until Basement 2), or if I just need to be better at video games. Any tips on improvements I could make?

Good-Natured Filth
Jun 8, 2008

Thanks all for the tips. I think it was just a case of getting a good loadout + learning the floors better. Beat Mother for the first time with Isaac tonight (using a Chaos Card, so kinda cheap, but I'll take it!). The Mines suck, and the chase sequence is annoying.

Good-Natured Filth
Jun 8, 2008

Evil Kit posted:

If you are on PC, I would just mod it out.

I am. I didn't even think to look for a mod to remove that chase. Doing so immediately.

Good-Natured Filth
Jun 8, 2008

Yeah. The first few times, I was twitchy and nervous about it and died. But once I saw that she won't hit you during the slow walkup and dodging is dead simple, it became more tedious and not actually fun.