Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Clever Spambot
Sep 16, 2009

You've lost that lovin' feeling,
Now it's gone...gone...
GONE....
I'm really sick of pixel retro art styles but boy does it look way loving better than the newgrounds artstyle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clever Spambot
Sep 16, 2009

Now it's gone...gone...
GONE....

flatluigi posted:

So what exactly can a 2D game look like if the art style can't look pixelated but it also can't look smooth like a flash game

Good

Clever Spambot
Sep 16, 2009

Now it's gone...gone...
GONE....
Tbh i dont feel that strongly about it, but i did start thinking the old graphics looked really bad once the new ones were revealed.

Clever Spambot
Sep 16, 2009

Now it's gone...gone...
GONE....

SuccinctAndPunchy posted:

It looks better than the original by virtue of better tech running under the hood, but I still don't like the artstyle.

The two things are somewhat divorced from one another.

I didn't actually read and comprehend your post but i also strongly disagree with it.

Clever Spambot
Sep 16, 2009

Now it's gone...gone...
GONE....
Breaking the game is a feature!

I just hope that hard difficulty is hard enough to necessitate crazy bullshit like screen sized tears.

Clever Spambot
Sep 16, 2009

Now it's gone...gone...
GONE....
Haha i got dark boy on my first attempt to use azazel.

Was there a no hit achievement for the womb in the original or is that new?

Clever Spambot
Sep 16, 2009

Now it's gone...gone...
GONE....
I think i might have sequence broken and gotten ending 15 early by entering the glitch room in sheol and going down into the dark room without having the negative. Is the negative something you need to unlock or have i just been unlucky and not found it yet?

Clever Spambot
Sep 16, 2009

Now it's gone...gone...
GONE....

Oxyclean posted:

Apparently you unlock it by beating the sheol 5 times.

I guess that's a sequence break? Can't you get to Womb before beating mom the first time via similar methods? Same goes for Sheol via Womb 2.

I didn't actually know that, either way it was a super confusing thing to have happen.

Clever Spambot
Sep 16, 2009

Now it's gone...gone...
GONE....

Ariong posted:

What's the over-under on voluntary damage sources like sacrifice rooms and blood banks taking your score for the first couple of weeks after release?

I will be really surprised if they dont gently caress that up, not necessarily all of them but at least one or two.

Clever Spambot
Sep 16, 2009

Now it's gone...gone...
GONE....
I care very little about leaderboards beyond maybe scores that friends make so i dont really care if the top scores are all cheated.

Taking damage from voluntary damage sources lowering score would be dumb as hell though, it is one of several equally useful resource trading mechanics and it specifically getting penalized while the others dont would make no design sense at all. If you also take a penalty for trading bombs for coins or coins for items also then that would still be dumb but it would at least be consistent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clever Spambot
Sep 16, 2009

Now it's gone...gone...
GONE....
Procedurally generated games are pretty much the only time i see value in cheevos at all, especially one as winnable as this. Once you can beat the game easily most of the time there is no real goal other than getting those.