Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Genocyber posted:

Or you could not be a big baby and continue on with what you got.

lol is every post you make some variation of "git gud"?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

RatHat posted:

Contract from Below as not worth it? What?

I was gonna say the same thing. And if you manage to get a Humbling Bundle then it's even more insane.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Alkydere posted:

You mean Azazel, right? Lazarus is just Isaac with a free pill, an extra life and finely combed hair. Azazel's the flying demon baby with a mini-brimstone.

Even with Azazel it's not worthless to grab Ipacec. It gives your mini-brimstone a poison proc chance.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

LibbyM posted:

Is every "champion" version of a boss way easier than the normal, or just the ones I've fought so far? It's really strange entering a boss room, seeing it's the miscoloured special version of the boss, and being relieved.

It varies. Some things like the champ Monstro are nice since they can't jump. By the the easiest one though is the Carrion Queen since she just shits out mini-hearts instead of those goddamn red poops.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Logan 5 posted:

Also how does the Sharp Plug work? Platinumgod.co.uk says you hold spacebar to give some red heart to charge your item, but nothing happens when I try that. What gives?

I believe for Sharp Plug to work your bar as to be totally empty. If you have one bit of charge in there at all it won't work.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Kaethela posted:

What am I looking at?

Look where the bosses are.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

IronicDongz posted:

Orbitals are mega good though. Way better than one hp up for the lategame bosses

Yeah, if you get a full set of three orbitals it's hard to notice how many shots they block sometimes but they will save your rear end several times over against the bullet hell enemies.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

octobernight posted:

This sucks. Finally get a good Eve run going on hard mode. First floor, I find a quarter, a tears up pill, and a bandage ball. I get an X-ray vision on the second floor and then run into a dead end. There's no way to get to the other side without bombs and there's no more drops on my side of the map. This was the most poorly designed room that can end any run.

They really need to fix this bullshit and the mandatory damage spike room.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

13/f/cali posted:

The broken watch is only a chance. The stopwatch that unlocks for 999 coins donated slows everything.

Doesn't the broken watch have a chance to speed up enemies in a room too? I could swear this has happened where the music picks up speed and I think poo poo was going quicker as well.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE
So was there any reason that Max's Head got changed to Cricket's Head and Body?

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Iny posted:

His actual dog died and it got renamed in his honor. Out of his honor? I forget if his actual dog was Max and it got uncomfortable, or Cricket and it was an homage.

I recall reading that Max was what he would have named a dog if he got one as a kid. So the change to Cricket would make sense in a very bizarre Ed sort of way if that was an actual dog he had passing away.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Skaw posted:

I actually found out that Bob's brain is pretty drat good if you're in a situation where you have no tears. Completed the cat got your tongue challenge, carried through by the brain. When it's your only shot method, it's waaaay easier to use.

The item is mostly tricky to use because there's a delay on when you enter a room and when it'll fire for the first time. It's not as bad as people say but it's really, really annoying to get used to.