Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
try to prioritize practicing avoiding being hit over hitting the enemy for a while? idk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
what happens if you hold down r while on an eden run with no eden tokens left

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
remember, god doesn't care about the state of your soul, just never get any boo-boos

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Slime posted:

To me synergy is when two things are designed to work well together. Anti-gravity tears and brimstone...don't work well together.

if you add in magnetic tears it's hilarious though

bloody event horizons yay

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
wait, i figured the lost would at least be immune to curse room doors. that's just :(

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
what happens if you get proptosis and coal

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
as somebody who cares less about the whole thing, the cellar is still indisputably much harder than the basement for zero additional reward

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

TheModernAmerican posted:

I wish there was a colorblind mode or something. Red poop looks almost identical to normal ones. And evil heart and red heart drops are almost as bad. I've turned up the gamma to compensate but it doesn't do enough.

Couldn't hurt to try sending Nicalis an e-mail or something. People seem to be a lot better about including that sort of thing these days, maybe they'll try adding it in.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Genocyber posted:

I just had an amazing ??? run. By the time I got to The Womb I had gotten Brimstone, Whore of Babylon, Lord of the Pit, and Lump of Coal, in addition to a couple of damage ups and about max sin hearts from using the Satanic Bible. When the RNG wants you to win it wants you to win.

The lack of drops on Hard is something I really like as a good + interesting way of making it harder as opposed to something like enemy damage being multiplied.

yes, i too enjoy being locked out of opportunities by the rng

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
the way i see it either you bring the tear to the enemy or the enemy to the tear :v:

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Toothache posted:

Any recommendations on making the Beans! challenge easier? Yes you start off with 99 Butt Bombs but that doesn't go nearly so far with the Bean's slow recharge rate.

Survive until you find something that allows you to kill enemies blindfolded on its own (e.g. brimstone baby) or something that synergizes with having 99 bombs like the lucky rock or something. Find all secret rooms, bomb mushrooms and skulls, abuse the hell out of your starting arsenal.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
If it overrides his mini-brimstone it's probably a range boost :v:

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
beat my first eden run with the cursed eye :haw:

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
can somebody just dive into the code instead of all of this speculation

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Kaethela posted:

The * Boy achievements only count the second floor of each chapter. You can take all the damage you like on Basement 1 and no damage on 2 and still unlock Basement Boy, for instance.

no poo poo? that does not sound intentional

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
how badass does it look

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

beep by grandpa posted:

Oh my god I just saw this on steam, did not know the game was programmed like this. This is retarded and awesome and I want to get brimstone now just to DBZ fight Monstro and The Fallen, etc

Sorry if this is well known, this thread moves too fast for me to keep up with.

holy poo poo :hawaaaafap:

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Internet Kraken posted:

I never bought the original game because I found the aesthetic too repulsive. Over time I got more desensitized to it but I still feel grossed out by the womb. Stuff like that in games always makes me feel sick.

I'd prefer it if this game had a weird aesthetic that wasn't revolting but oh well. The gameplay is good enough to make up for it.

the weird thing is that this game doesn't have a host of imitators by now. only similarish games i can think of off the top of my head are risk of rain and nuclear throne

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Che Delilas posted:

Our Darker Purpose is very similar, and there's A Wizard's Lizard and Runers. Saw all those on Frag's stream in the past.

If you just mean roguelikes in general, there's also FTL: Faster Than Light, which if you haven't played you need to buy and play right the gently caress now (seriously Risk of Rain is nothing like Isaac).

Randomly determined powerups, general action-y play, whatever v:v:v

thanks for the recs tho

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
excellent adherence to form, lady naga

in my opinion, a roguelike/lite that regularly fucks you out of a win with no real fuckup on your part is a bad roguelike/lite

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

LaughMyselfTo posted:

A new character called Job that dies in one hit and starts with magnetic tears and body

joking aside, this but starting with 1 heart container and 3 soul hearts would be a pretty interesting character i think

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dr. Fetus posted:

Managed to run into Godhead.

Unfortunately I had Dr. Fetus, so I couldn't make good use of it. (Curse of the Blind! :argh:) Even with Holy Mantle I lost to Satan. That item is so bad now. :negative:

would you say that nobody loves dr. fetus now

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
what no

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
but you start with 99 bombs

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
they said in the cathedral, with a full complement of soul/sin hearts

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
the Blue Bomber one sounds fun in an incredibly stupid kind of way

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
yeah, it's just juggling it in combination with anything else that makes it a terrible item to have

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Gibbo posted:

As a first floor item it gives you a significant damage boost and a limited form of piercing that combos well will pretty much anything that follows. Don't see how anyone would consider that an item not good for speed.

yeah, it doesn't make your dps over time drop at all, and in practical terms you kill most things much faster because you get in range *BLOOP* they're gone now charge down the next one as opposed to having to hit them multiple times anyway

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

YF-23 posted:

Haha, I just had the perfect run with the Lost. Stopwatch AND Holy Mantle.

Then I walked into a blood donation machine. :downsgun:

why is this even possible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
you forgot the smug satisfaction