Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

flatluigi posted:

It appears to be Maggy dying to regular Satan with items as to be determined.

I'm betting it's with only the Yum Heart, just to be a dick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

Darth Windu posted:

I've beaten the heart twice now. Where do i go from here?

Keep killing the heart. Sometimes you'll get lucky and Satan will open his door after the fight and you can go down there too. Once you kill the heart 10(?) or so times, two paths will open up from there permanently. (Unless they changed it in this one, which it doesn't sound like they did?)

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

So does Sharp Plug always take two full hearts to recharge your spacebar item or does it depend on how many charges it needs.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

So Tammy's Head is a really good item for Azazel to get on Basement 2. Also a 9-volt in the shop. And a bunch of damage-up items. :stare:

Anti-gravity tears, on the other hand, are not. Not like it mattered, I tore through the boss rush, Satan, and finally unlocked Judas and ???. Now I have all the characters except for the one that I won't get for a while because I am not a masochist.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

Oh man, do you really have to unlock The Lost in one sitting? I know if you die incorrectly you have to start over, but do you really have to do those four games without quitting in between or saving/quitting in the middle of a run?

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

Kurtofan posted:

Do I get an eden token if I go to Sheol after beating Mom's Heart?

Pretty sure the Eden Token is awarded for every heart kill period.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

Magres posted:

One thing I miss from the original: The ending music. Jesus Loves Me This I Know all slowed down and out of tune was delightfully disconcerting.

When the creepy trailer music showed up on the soundtrack (Jesus Loves Uke) I thought it was gonna show up on the credits after a certain point like the original did. It didn't. :(

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

So I guess It Lives can spawn those walking red blobs things that just spray bullets in a direction occasionally. Since I had Technology and couldn't kill them fast enough it managed to make the fight chaotic and not fun. And also I lost.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

The tank challenge is super dumb especially when I get a speed down pill and also the champion mom that likes to stomp and I'm too slow to dodge half the time oh my god I'm gonna scream

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

So I'm trying to unlock the lost and oh my god where are the loving mullibooms??????? This poo poo is absurd

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

So there's a little file in the directory called changelog.txt. Let's take a looksee...

quote:

* Fix rendering issues with OpenGL 2.x
* Fix window disappearing on startup
* Fix crash on loading options.ini
* Fix crash when sound is not working
* Fix shader errors for Pixelation and Old TV
* Fix save/continue during Boss Rush
* Fix The Lost + Dead Cat exploits
* Fix infinite item respawn exploits
* Fix Godhead, Platinum God, Dark Boy achievements
* Fix P2 Trinity Shield exploit
* Fix music pitch issues during cutscene
* Fix D10 generating invincible enemies

Welp!

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

This is a fantastic Eden loadout, but look what the game tried to do to me. That's hilarious. (i was holding it when the run started)

EDIT: Wow, I must have started out with gently caress all for luck, cause barely any soul hearts are dropping, and I got almost no heart container pickups either. I actually picked up the dead cat in the womb because this run literally can't go any worse.

EDIT 2: it'd be really loving fantastic if you got your spacebar item power back whenever you died with the cat, just saying

Color Printer fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Nov 12, 2014

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

Mr. Wednesday posted:

Holy poo poo

:siren: the credit card works in the devil room :siren:

hahahahahaha what

Man I need to do the Cursed! challenge.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

Cuntpunch posted:

I just don't understand why a few trinkets even exist: Purple Heart & Broken Remote, namely. Most trinkets are little gamechangers(Push Pin, Rosary). Some have negative effects *tied* to their positive effect(Tick, Cursed Skull). But those two are just purely and solely harmful to a playthrough.

Purple Heart makes more champions spawn, which usually means more goodies for them to drop.

Unless you're playing on Hard, in which case don't even bother.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

Blank Card cannot copy pills. At least, it won't copy 48 Hour Energy.

I wanted to flood the room with batteries :saddowns:

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

I bombed a rock in Sheol and found the black market. In the black market was a hole. Since I had like no health and no hope I jumped down. Sure enough I ended up in the Dark Room well before I unlocked the Negative. I Emperor'd to the Lamb and actually took out 3/4 of its health before dying (also, thanks curse of the unknown). That charge he does really fucks me up.

It of course didn't count as a Satan kill. I'm mad.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

TheModernAmerican posted:

Can Lost get soul/evil hearts or what? Because if it can

Gonna stop you right there. No. The Lost cannot have any hearts period.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

IronicDongz posted:

Items that are generally not worth it:
-Contract from Below

That's dumb. Contract from Below is worth the heart every single drat time, unless you're already in the Womb or something. Double drops own, and the downside of fighting more double trouble bosses is nothing compared to the upside.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

Krinkle posted:

What would tiny moon + azazel/brimstone do?

The brimstone beam forms a ring around you, then shoots out forward. For Azazel, it makes a ring around him and sticks out just a bit forward. Probably has the same amount of range, just now in all directions.

And if you have Tiny Planet and Tammy's Head with Azazel, this happens....

Color Printer fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Nov 17, 2014

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You gotta hold the button down for at least a good two seconds or so. If it doesn't work your controller's hosed up or something. (Can't speak for Vita though)

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

GeneX posted:

Additionally, you can actually reroll cubes of meat and balls of bandages; I would assume the same is true for other boss-unique drops.

The game seems to only check the room type when dropping a new item, and if I remmeber right, the original BOI had items that couldn't be rerolled, regardless of room.

Actually, I'm pretty sure it still does this, since I've rerolled shop items into other shop items (including a Bible into...another loving Bible, thanks Rosary????) and a few other things have led me to believe this (red chests dropping Guppy items in spike rooms, but re-rolling into devil items, I'm sure that happened to me once or twice). It's just nicer about the specific boss drops like meat cubes and bandages. And thank god for that.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

Where is Isaac. What is happening in this gif. help

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

Jusupov posted:

You can make your own if you extract the gamefiles and just put challenges.xml to \resources\

How do I do these things. I would like to do these things.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

Color Printer posted:

How do I do these things. I would like to do these things.

I found out how to do these things. I love XML files. They are nice and beautiful and wonderful.

beep by grandpa posted:

edit: no one will get this but all that pic needs is a QTE prompt under it that says PROTECT EARTH

I got it and I smiled.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

LaughMyselfTo posted:

Also, if Sad Bombs fire regular tears instead of Brimstone, then what the gently caress is the reasoning on not synching with Dr. Fetus, to let you shoot unlimited Tear-producing bombs?

I would presume to prevent you from shooting unlimited tear-producing bombs.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

I want to say they made Krampus's Brimstone tell just a liiiiiiiiiiittle bit longer in this version but it might be confirmation bias. Either way it definitely fucks me up less than it did in the original.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

LaughMyselfTo posted:

How about it has a 50% chance to teleport you whenever you fire, instead of 100% if you get hit while charging?

Your opinions on what needs balancing are terrible, btw.

Actually they're pretty reasonable???? Pageant Boy just giving coins is weird, especially since Latch Key and Match Book do other things besides give you keys and bombs (luck and sin, respectively). Telepathy for Dummies is really pointless unless you have a really nice setup that benefits from homing. And also AAA Battery/9 Volt. Crack the Sky and Shoop-da-whoop really need a buff or something since I end up missing with them half the time anyway (and with the first one, it isn't even my fault!).

I'm not asking for much. I'd prefer bad items than terrible items, and Crack The Sky is terrible.

Bob's Rotten Head is okay though.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

So uh did Lost Contact always prevent Mysterious Liquid from spewing toxic?

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

Yaws posted:

If I get this it'll be for the online co-op. How is it?

Uh, non-existent?

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

"I wonder if Color Printer will look at the code for the new version and see how lovely everything really became." is probably what someone is wondering.

The answer is no, gently caress this update. It's garbage. gently caress it.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

I don't even feel like installing it and playing it because practically every single thing here has made me go "wow!!! no???" but lord knows I will because I hate myself.

I should probably update the OP with stuff soon (especially about Afterbirth).

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

It brings joy to my heart knowing that others are doing this, and not me.

...Of course, I kinda wish I could look myself but it's all obfuscated to hell and I haven't bothered to go looking to see if others have simplified/labeled it or anything.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

the Dlipopia Shears sounds really loving sweet. Can't wait for this expansion to get me back into this game again. Maybe I'll even unlock the Lost and-hahahahahahahahahahahaha :negative:

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

The negative is a really good pun (sort of) because what else could be used as a dark (or say, bad, or negative) version of a photograph?

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

I could have sworn I edited that out of the OP a long time ago. Oops. I did that and added poo poo about Afterbirth in there now

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

Okay, I'll bite. What exactly does the D7 do? Does it reset a random room? Or does it just do that with boss rooms?

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

Okay, yeah, I figured out what the D7 does. It resets the room (as in respawns all the enemies, everything else stays the same, including your position so be careful) and lets you go again. If you use it in a boss room, nice try, it just teleports you to a random room and resets that one. Only works in rooms that had enemies in it. One room charge. It's not completely loving broken but it's really silly.

Also if you use it after fighting Greed in a shop it brings the shop back which blew my loving mind. Geeeeeeeeeeeet hosed Greed.

Also remember to Enter in all the seeds here and unlock a bunch of easter eggs since you can mix and match them now. It even tells you which ones invalidate achievements, which is super nice.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

AbDomen posted:

Lilith gets... a bit insane with the right item combinations.

This looks like this should crash the game but I'm guessing it somehow doesn't

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

Greed Mode is really fun and the boss is amazing. I collected a bunch of items that I have no idea what they do though, like PJs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

Jusupov posted:

PJs adds 3-4 blue hearts?

I had 11 hearts, so all I knew was "gives you at least 1 soul heart". :v: Didn't notice the full health effect though.