Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tinaun
Jun 9, 2011

tell me...

drunken officeparty posted:

I feel like they really dropped the ball by not releasing this on Halloween.

Ed wanted to but Sony wanted the game to release the first tuesday so it would be free with ps+ at launch, those bastards.

We could be playing rebirth right now. :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tinaun
Jun 9, 2011

tell me...
so now that we know how the lost works, how do you get the d100

tinaun
Jun 9, 2011

tell me...
Here are the achievement stats for rebirth.

So far,

70% beat mom
57% beat mom's heart
19% unlocked it lives
5.7% got the polaroid
3% have golden god
0.1% have plat god (for comparason, the original binding of isaac has about 2.5% plat god)

The 'average' player on steam has beat mom's heart twice, unlocked everybody but sampson and the lost, and donated 30-40 cents to the shop.

tinaun
Jun 9, 2011

tell me...

golden bubble posted:

It appears that the anti-mod achievement locker checks if you've modifies characters, the textures of rocks, most .xml files, or room files.

I'm opposed to such a restrictive list because it prevents quality of life stuff like a better item description mod, no stupid red womb filter mod, a colorblind player's mod, and a recolor marked rocks mod.

You don't need a mod to disable the womb filter, if you create a 'config.ini' inside the resources folder that looks like this

code:
[Options] 
EnableColorCorrection=1 
EnableCaustics=1
EnableShockwave=1 
EnableLighting=1
EnableFilter=0
EnablePixelation=1
it is disabled w/o counting as a mod

tinaun
Jun 9, 2011

tell me...

flatluigi posted:

I like both sets of music and would enjoy a mod that puts both soundtracks together. I feel that the really good tracks of the new OST are all in the super late game areas, though, which means it doesn't set as immediate of a good impression that the old OST did.

I kinda felt that way with the original tracks too, though that might have been I never heard the late game tracks as much and as such i didn't get completely and utterly sick of it like i did for the basement/cellar themes in vanilla boi. Man that basement theme got extremely grating after dozens of hours. It got stuck in my head but not in a good way at all.

Still, I do miss the title theme and 'jesus loves you' from the original game a bunch.

tinaun
Jun 9, 2011

tell me...

Bobo the Red posted:

Is there some efficient way of checking what achievements one is missing? I'm 12 shy, and I know what 8 or so are, but the other 4 could be any godamn thing.

http://theriebel.de/tboirah/

tinaun
Jun 9, 2011

tell me...
Holy poo poo spider mod is in Afterbirth as a shop item, this is amazing :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tinaun
Jun 9, 2011

tell me...

Einwand posted:

I just got one in greed mode. Does it do anything other than show enemy hp?

The little robo-spider familiar slows enemies if they run over it.