Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
A poster advertising "Binding of Isaac 3DS!".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I don't know whether to stick around for spoilers or avoid them for the next 3 hours. I'd like stuff to be a surprise but then again, knowing things ahead of time would help...

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Someone said it was delayed to match the PS4 release or something.
Doesn't help that Tyrone was doing a twitter countdown too.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Glad I was wrong.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
A NEW ITEM HAS APPEARED IN THE BASEMENT
Game Unlocking Delay: Tear Rate increased to Maximum

Eh, shoulda seen this coming.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Trip Report:

-Beat Mom's Heart AND Satan on my 2nd run. Defeating Satan DOES NOT count as a Mom kill.

-Orbital Planet can go die in hell. Makes it absoluetly impossible to aim and lord help you if you get Range ups. Still managed to make it to the womb but drat.

-Purple Heart trinket (description:Challenge Mode) raises every enemy in the room to their strongest form or the one from the next floor on. So for example if a room had Leeches, they'll all be white or Bomb Leeches.

The whole no mouse support is from some Tyrone person on Nicalis, I recall seeing them say "Almost no one wants to play this without a controller anyway" or something stupid like that.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Found a really weird room configuration on Basement 1. It had the Infestation in it... except it was completely surrounded by Metal blocks. Seems like no one but Azazel could possibly pick this up.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I've killed Satan more than I've killed Mom's Heart (twice). Yeesh.

13/f/cali posted:

This game is hilarious and amazing.

I am so excited to discover more.

Tammy's Head has ironically become one of the best items in the game. Who'da thunk it?
The impenetrable forcefield of death it provides on Azazel is great.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I just fought a new boss in Utero 1 and dear lord if I didn't have 10 hearts I don't know what I would've done, I just tanked through it.

Name's Mama Gurdy. It's a giant head+hands that floats along the top border of the screen. It's main move oddly enough seemed to be turning 80% of the floor into spikes for a second or two. It also shut random bullet barf and a more orderly, 5 lined stream of bullets.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
So bit of a warning. It used to be that if you were flying, you couldn't use Keys on any Locks on the ground because you'd be wasting them. Turns out this game removed that for some reason and you're fully capable of using keys on locks for no reason, so careful with that.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Reformed Pissboy posted:

Whew, in my first full run I got Ludovico Technique, the goat head thing, Guppy mode, and some other damage up stuff. Still not clear on what all the astrological signs do; waiting patiently for platinumgod.co.uk to update with em >:I Anyway Mom got rocked

I know that the second Zodiac sign you have (the Balance one) seems to reorder your stats and items. Usually I end up with a buncha keys and bombs and tear rate but lose out on attack power because of it.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

ZZT the Fifth posted:

Be really loving careful about using the D10 against Gemini while they're still connected if you don't have any other items. :gibs:

I've been watching a stream and someone was calling the D10 the Dio and suddenly this makes a lot more sense.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
So apparently you can drop Trinkets by holding Left Control. Who knew?

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
So I had something that kept randomly triggering Unicorn Horn. It wasn't on damage or anything, it just happened all of a sudden. I have no idea which item it was, anyone know?

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

The Bee posted:

Anyone mind sharing how to unlock the alternative basement floor? I got Catacombs before Cellar and that just doesn't feel right.

I got Catacombs and Necropolis by beating Mega Maw and his upgraded cousin, The Gate.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Alkydere posted:

Goddamn, I cannot stand the Depths music. I understand it's supposed to be spooky and such...only there's a ding in it that sounds exactly like the buttons on my apartment's microwave. I keep hearing it and think someone's messing with the microwave.

No no, you're totally right. It sounds silly. Especially those moans in the background. I don't know why but every time I hear them go off I just chuckle at how silly sounding they are.

Turtlicious posted:

I just watched my girlfriend beat it for me, getting nothing but poo poo items and stat lowering pills. She's never played BoI before.

gently caress me :(

Turn it into a friendly competition and learn from each other!
But really. Maybe watch some skilled runners or something? Pick up some good habits and such?

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Loot posted:

Was streaming to some friends, had a Lazarus run going (Went fairly smooth, too, got my Coat Hanger ending). However at one point, slight problem.

This loving room blocked me if I didn't have any bombs. What the gently caress.

I had a similar case. I was one room away from getting Dark Boy when a room that forced me to walk through spikes spawned. Oh sure there was 2 hearts in the room but gently caress that nonsense.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
First is a familiar that leaves a blood trail of damage as it follows you.
Second is an Evil Up (the Missing Page 2). It gives a Sin Heart and higher chance of sin hearts I believe? EDIT: Wait I could be wrong, that might Contract from Below, which doubles drops at the cost of tougher bosses.

HGH fucked around with this message at 08:28 on Nov 6, 2014

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I got a cool run with Technology 2, Spoon Bender(homing) and Shielded Tears, wherein my laser became an anti-bullet barrier that I had to maneuver myself to use. It was actually pretty fun while still being a challenge!

So I got a question/request. How does the progression of the picture on the save file normally go? Since I've completely broken the sequence of events I assume it's Issac on top of Mom's body, then Mom's heart with ticks at the top for how many times you beat it, then pieces of the Polaroid, and then what I assume is pieces of the Negative? Because right now my image is a weird mish-mash of normal and negative picture pieces,having beaten Sheol and Cathedral back to back.

Kanfy posted:

It's time to :getin:

(Actually I'm utterly hosed now, I've only beaten a post-heart boss on Hard once and that was back when everything was still Just Peachy)

For the most part this just means way more Champions. Some bosses are easier but my biggest weakness after this is dark blue/black enemies, who explode on death and are an absolute pain.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
About the D6 rooms. I know for a fact that a D5 will basically apply a Forget Me Now to your current floor, meaning you'll start over at the start of it with the room gone.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Does it seem to anyone like the Chest is easier, or am I just getting a false impression? I'm so used to seeing nothing but unholy combinations of bosses there that a room with a bunch of enemies and 2 Mega Fatties seems a bit trivial by comparison.

Also that locked door in the entrance is seriously taunting me. I'm gonna make that key mine next run for sure.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Tafferling posted:

Theres'a surprising lack of reviews. It's really odd that they don't jump all over a remake of a game that sold millions of copies
I think some people aren't too keen on reviewing the dead baby humor poo poo and piss filled game.
Like, most people don't really care about that at all seeing how popular this is, and really you shouldn't, but most publications have a holier than thou attitude to this sorta stuff. Even though it's perfectly fine to dislike the aesthetic.
Bottom line is don't worry about that sorta stuff because you already know this is a good game.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Thoughtless posted:

I get the feeling this has been mentioned but why on earth did they remove mouse aiming?

Tyrone said no one would ever want to play this without a controller or something like that.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I just got Anti-gravity Tears on Lazarus/Brimstone. I actually really like the effect, if only because I can leave a shot behind and then move to safety. Plus, even the vortex while it's forming does damage, so it's actually really good if you can get enemies to jump on it!

Also got a new familiar called Mongo Baby. He looks like a frakensteinish mish mash of familiars, but all I could see from him is that he shot faster and harder than the other ones (although that alone makes him way better, especially dealing with spiders and such).

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I found Infestation 2 (it's a brown spider icon) and I'm not sure what it does cause I was already Lord of the Flies with some random dice room items. Something about a spider spawning shot?

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I don't think point C is luck based. You just need bombs.
Also you have massively increased chances to get rooms by not getting hit during boss fights. Not getting hit during floors helps too.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Not Al-Qaeda posted:

Start out as eve with brimstone and xray pill, get a dark bum deal and then get this room.

Carefully placed bombs can actually get you both the top and bottom items so that's actually a really good configuration if you go for the rightmost one first.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Atomicated posted:

Someone earlier in the thread suggested you might need to kill the two halves of gemini in both orders (big guy then small and small guy then big) to get it to trigger. Seemed like that's what did it for me.

I did that multiple times on different floors and the boss rush. Does it have to be against Gemini in a Basement Boss room? Cause I've never, EVER seen him there in over 20 hours.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Kurtofan posted:

I have flight :v: no wonder pressing space didn't do anything

It actually gives a cool, dodge roll like invincibility period when using it too, which is a shame it doen't work.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Oh man I had the Broken Watch and it activated in the Cathedral, and I had to pause the game from the fit of laughter I had at hearing the music. Wish I had recorded it because it was hilariously stupid sounding. I'd imagine Sheol is much of the same.

FirstPersonShitter posted:

mongo baby is a piece of poo poo who kills and eats your other babies and is poo poo
Wait so that's what it is? I just thought it was a familiar with a higher rate of fire. Does it get stronger from eating others at least?

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Sad Bombs+Ipecac+Rubber Cement+Fetus in a Jar

Every bomb/tear shot a bomb that explodes into 8 Ipecac shots that all bounce off of the walls. I didn't know whether to cringe or be happy.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Honestly I don't even think Curse of the Labyrinth should be considered bad, short of wasting secret room and extra shop opportunities. I wish it showed up more but even on Hard mode it's barely there.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

PostNouveau posted:

Man, I just cannot beat The Lamb. The Dark Room is just so brutal. This room with 2 mega fatties and one of those gray rolly bosses is much harder than The Lamb itself. I've gotten through it a couple of times and reached The Lamb with about 3 hearts left and came real close to beating it anyway both times.

Edit: Oh cool, got him down to like 10% health and the Wafer didn't pop on his brimstone and took away a full heart. Died with a full health pill in my back pocket because I thought I was safe :(

Since when does the Wafer have to activate? I thought it worked at all times for all damage?

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
That's amazing, I don't know why I never tried it.
Speaking of the Credit Card, is there any stable source to find Runes and non-Arcana/Deck cards?

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Glue yourself to a wall and wait for him. Seems to usually work.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I think the worst is dealing with two Cages in small rooms though. They're stupidly tanky and deny you so much ground with their AoE jumps and rolling around.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

wocobob posted:

So today I learned that Tech 2 plus Ipecac makes every tick of your Tech 2 laser deal Ipecac damage. Coincidentally, today I also got through the boss rush as ???.

I didn't get through the Dark Room, though, because it turns out that Mom's Contact plus Ipecac means that whenever you enter a room and start firing, you shoot a bomb backwards into the wall and blow yourself up!

That's a pretty cool interaction.
Also that's Mom's Eye. Mom's Contact adds a freezing effect to your shots.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
About that whole Soy Milk thing, it's probably best when you have a status effect on the run. Fear, charm, freezing, it all works really well with it. Maybe not really poison but still better than with normal tears.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Manatee Cannon posted:

Tried Cat Got Your Tongue for the first time, as soon as I realized what was happening with my loadout I sighed inwardly. It wasn't nearly as bad as I'd been afraid it would be though, and I actually did it in one go. I got lucky with Hive Mind in the very first store, and in the Necropolis I got two Pretty Fly pills but other than that it was pretty standard stuff. Solar System is still way worse.

I got lucky with Little Steven dropping from the Widow(weird drop) on Cellar 1. Turns out shots from familiars still spawn flies as guppy. Then I got the 9Volt on Cellar 2 so basically Guppy's Head and Steven were my only weapons. Beats using that piece of crap Hairball.

Honestly, most of these challenges are just really tiring/harrowing. After finishing I just don't want to play anymore. And I still have Suicide King to do...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
So uh...I just beat the Chest with Judas. And I got nothing. Then I remembered he doesn't have a reward. Oops. Well it helps with the checklist at least. For a second I worried it was a bug.

Manatee Cannon posted:

The hairball was actually bizarrely great against Mom since you can spin it around to hit like three doors at once, plus her foot when she stomps.

Oh this I actually did, since you don't take contact damage from Mom's Foot. Did it with the little spitting nubs and flies as well. The big Hairball does actually do a solid bit of damage, it's just usually not worth the risk. I wonder if Samson's Ball and Chain is any better?