Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

I just got another 3 MB update, something changed/fixed?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

Grapplejack posted:

Update just hit. the only thing it looks like they changed was adding a language option and making the tech items no longer pierce through rocks.

Seems Shopkeepers can drop trinkets now too

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

http://bindingofisaac.com/post/154255262019/for-those-of-you-who-are-blind-the-binding-of

Afterbirth + is coming out Jan. 3rd for $6.66 first week for previous owners of the game and $9.99 regular

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

Pong is a really fun challenge, especially when you grab a succubus from the first devil room :getin:

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

New item found

Shop item called the Peeler seems to give you a meat cube in exchange for 1 red hp

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

I like how in the Womb in Greedier enemies constantly spawn in at 1 and 2 seconds, giving you no time to fight everything and hope to god you have enough hp to withstand it

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

Weird, I immediately went to the Void after beating Mom with the new character.

Oh and the game crashes randomly when I'm fighting the final boss there too, in the process losing all my items gained through the void spacebar item, great game design right there :bravo:

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

Heads up about overcoming the Void room bug where you fight the Hush, you'll go to the void if you slow walk towards the Portal.

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

This update is actually really great.

The new character is fun to play and doesn't have a tedious health mechanic.
Some old trinket and items got new better sprites.
The new enemies are interesting, and I think some old enemies got resprited too?

now if only they could manage to port antibirth to this...

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

Didn't expect to see this thread resurgence before the forever delayed expansion came out!

It's been a while since I last played but I've seen gotten that board game and been playing it often with friends and family, probably the weirdest but coolest thing to come out of it.

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

I'm eager to get back into the swing of things with this game, with a lot of the older items getting changes here and there it's gonna be like a whole new playthrough.

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

It unlocks at 12 PST or 3am for EST

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

I lost a run to a pair of balls.

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

The Alternate Keeper feels very like the rainbow chest runs in Enter the gungeon.

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

Psychedelicatessen posted:

There's a couple of challenges tied to the new characters, but this one is completely mad:
Spoiler for challenge DELETE THIS. It's unlocked at the same time as Eden-B, is hidden below the last challenge in a blank space and it's just utter nonsens. Got a tear effect that instantly killed enemies and then turned them into blue boils and gigantic rockets that exploded into krampus beams

The challenge itself looks completely hosed, everything is randomized lol

I had to do this challenge several times until I got an infinity use item that spawned flies and did mass damage to a room to reliably win.

The most times i've had to mash the space bar in a life time

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

How exactly do I (late game spoilers) put items into the bag of crafting for B-side Cain?

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

Speaking of those items, how do you unlock the planetarium?

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

Ryuga Death posted:

Birthright has to be one of the best shop items you can buy, regardless of whatever character you play as.

Well actually some characters don't even have effects added for them with the item, they haven't been implemented yet.

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

Tainted Forgotten with Conquest is a hilariously boss melting spacebar item now.

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

Color Printer posted:

How about a mod that gives Mother a loving goddamn visible health bar

that fight sure is a thing, huh

My most wanted mods are making shops always half off on the first floor, pedestal items more common in secret rooms and getting rid of all the boss armor.

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

Color Printer posted:

Just hit me that tainted lazarus has basically no upside aside from technically having more health for bosses if you go in with a fully charged flip. Every other alt character with a downside has some sort of upside to it. Regular Jacob and Esau at least exist at the same time and thus can output more damage. Tainted Lazarus is just "gently caress you, play two characters who only get half as much poo poo (usually)" and the game does basically nothing to even remotely compensate for this. Also Flip takes six whole rooms to charge, jesus
My idea is both characters will share the same stat gains but not the passive effects or active items.

Both characters benefit from the pentagram but only one character could benefit from technology for example.

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

I''ve been a big fan of the card game since the first edition and its amazing to see all these other indie games being represented in it now.

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

Araxxor posted:

So there was an AMA with Kilburn and uh, Jesus Christ Kilburn, don't get yourself burned out over this. :stare:

Also somebody give him an actual dev team because yeesh doing all that by yourself sounds daunting.

The man wants to make even MORE content after this was supposed to be the final for sure yep no more piece of content?

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

Some of the new champion alt looks for bosses are neat.

Big Monstro looks disappointed now, and Black Death has glowy eyes.

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

I've been with Isaac ever since the Wrath of the lambs update for Flash isaac and it has indeed been a trip.

Remember how the Lost didn't use to have the Holy mantle? boy I'm glad they changed that (until Repentance...)

If theres anything left about this game that needs to be done is to fix the freakin Delirium fight, I have no idea why one of the first things Edmund promised would be done for this DLC never materialized because the boss sucks cock. Greedier most also needs a complete overhaul because Ed's idea of harder is rooted in more tankier enemies and less chances to grab money to overcome them!

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

In other news console players got the latest updates to Isaac with the Blue baby and Laz changes.

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

Araxxor posted:

EDIT: What the gently caress, Sisters Vis used to have 800 HP each!? (A chapter 3 boss by the way)

Good ol' Ed and Nicalis idea of hard but fair is tedium.

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

Araxxor posted:

Delirium rework... when...?

At this point delirium rework is just a carrot on a stick

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

Had something I never seen before.

Was doing a run with the Pluto planetarium item and went into a trapdoor, after I got the item and went down the ladder I somehow ended up in an error room.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

The secret to fighting Delirium is to turn modding on and give yourself Gnawed leaf and a familiar that automatically attacks.

It's only fair to fight cheap poo poo with cheap poo poo.