Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

Eonwe posted:

I think both look pretty sweet tbh

Also tomorrow is going to be a long day at the office.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

Carecat posted:

Why did it offer me a 33% discount and no discount as soon as I took it to the checkout :(

Because the game just came out, and that was a preorder bonus.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
Well first time pre-orderers and loaders, chillax. It always takes a bit for it to actually register and go live properly on Steam.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
I found a giant rear end die symbol room that gave me shitload of free items, just by unlocking three locks on it.

Like run 2 and I kill mom with Guppy Mode, Monstro's Lung, with homing, flaming, exploding, piercing tears and an endless steam of flies. :stare:

Attestant fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Nov 4, 2014

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
Real broken rear end seed for Azazel specifically:

code:
ZBNN 3ZYP

I'm not going to spoil what's in it, but this is a seed where you have to try to lose. So much insanity going on if you're smart with resources and get every item room. It'd be real easy no damage achievements if it was possible.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

Literal Nazi Furry posted:

At least spoil what's in it with spoiler tags. Not everyone enjoys surprises and wants to take the time to try out other peoples seeds just to find out if they're as good as they're made out to be.

Well it is. Bite me. :colbert:

It lets you test out one item combos shown in Edmund's blog previews. That's all you're getting.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
I like that Samson isn't dogshit anymore. Bloody Lust seems to ramp up damage per floor now, not room, and it's based on damage taken. I turned in to a terrible murdermachine of death thanks to a Dark Bum feeding me with hearts that fuelled my rage. :black101:

Attestant fucked around with this message at 12:50 on Nov 6, 2014

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
Ugh, I had a guaranteed win for one of the challenges, with 12 faith hearts, Brimstone and well enough damage upgrades to take down the Heart.

Then in my infinite wisdom I decided to gamble on a D6 room with 1, and I got Ipecac, My Reflection, Chocolate Milk and Little Planet. Suddenly the only thing I can hit is me.

:negative:

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

Poizen Jam posted:

So how the hell do these two interact?

The tears fail to escape your gravity and gently circle back down.

And then explode because gently caress Ipecac. :argh:

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

drunken officeparty posted:

I think I've used a sacrifice room maybe twice ever in like 200+ hours combined of the first game and rebirth.

I was kinda disappointed that Rebirth didn't revamp them in some way. Curse rooms are a much better risk-reward mechanic already.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
I think you're thinking about Azazel there.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

Volt Catfish posted:

What challenges would you guys recommend I try to clear first, from a usefulness of the item unlocks standpoint?

Just do everything that actually lets you shoot somewhat normally first. They generally aren't that hard, as long as you know how to get devil deals, etc. The blindfold challenges can be real sons of bitches, and I wouldn't do any of them before the others.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

There should also be a Bob transformation. Not sure what it would do though... maybe ipecac?

Head disconnects from body, which turns in to one of those headless enemies that lobs Ipecacs would be neat.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
So far the only Antibirth enemy I have an issue with are the burning flies that circle you, and shoot too. Completely kills some alt shooting builds.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
Cursed Eye is now good. :eyepop:

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

Psychedelicatessen posted:

drat, this DLC really replicates that Antibirth feeling of having a god tier run, only to realise that you forgot all knife pieces, because you were too busy winning

I've been working on unlocking the alt characters, and I keep forgetting to leave trinkets behind, or I swap the cracked red key with a tarot card or something.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
Tainteed Isaac is so absurd. This was basically a 10 button press kill on Delirium, as long as I did my best to time the shots while it was in vulnerable form.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
I should get Forgotten unlocked, but it's such a miserable thing to do.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

goferchan posted:

Can cracked keys drop in the wild outside of the trinket method on the Beast path? Never ever seen one. And the one time I got a red key on Basement 1 I got really excited and killed myself immediately lol.

They can, but it seems like they're about as rare as magic cards and such.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
The game would just be much nicer overall if the default starting damage would be more like 4.5 instead of 3.5, and heavy damage characters adjusted upwards accordingly. I just don't want to groan every time I get a start with two 2x2 rooms adjacent to the starting.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
oh god, I have my first Tainted Eve run going and I got Sacred Heart

this is the most absurdly powerful run

Attestant fucked around with this message at 14:21 on Apr 21, 2021

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

Kawalimus posted:

Yeah Eve was one I was scared of but after messing with it I started enjoying it. Same with Blue Baby who seems to be one of the most unpopular ones.

My first few floors had me very unsure about her, but once the items started rolling in, it was pretty obvious how good she could be.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
I've had a weird time adjusting to the new devil/angel room changes in value, but I've kinda gotten to the point where I don't even enter the first offered devil room unless I am desperate for better stuff. There's just so much useless chaff in the devil pool now.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

PlasticAutomaton posted:

Going back to tasks of incredible suffering, I'm trying to unlock the Forgotten. Thought I had the perfect run with Gnawed Leaf to just afk it but then Flooded Caves happened and I ate 4+ hearts of damage from poo poo just spawning in my face the moment I stepped into a room and not having time to go invincible.

I actually managed to do it yesterday. I just rerolled Azazel starts until I got something spicy enough (Proptosis) and ran that. I had other good luck during the run too, but at the end of the day, overwhelming damage + flight is what I needed.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

just a perfectly normal run of Isaac, fighting against Satan

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
I swear, I fail more alt-path runs to just taking the wrong exit by habit, than actually dying. :cripes:

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
Modding out the ascent voice clips was one of the first mods I got, followed by one that let's you skip the mines knife piece sequence. Both were really cool on the first few runs, but get kinda repetitive on subsequent runs.

Also thank god for the item description mod. I have to do way less alt tabbing to refresh my memory on items.

Attestant fucked around with this message at 10:25 on May 17, 2021

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
Boy, I just had an eden run start with the spindown die, and that item is extremely good. There are some extremely powerful items next to mundane stuff.

Also really happy to see that the item description mod has actually been updated to show the next few items it'll roll stuff in to, so you need to look up things less.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
I just decided to cheat all the challenges that I had left. I just did the ones that seemed like fun, while mercilessly auto-winning all the rest.

Now I'm quietly hoping for mods that let me do the same with Jacob and Esau unlocks too.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

Kite Pride Worldwide posted:

I hate these loving orbiting fire flies

I hate them so much that back when Antibirth was just a mod, I practically uninstalled it because of them. Thankfully Repentance seems to use them pretty sparingly, and usually in rooms with flames you can torch with them.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

Araxxor posted:

Here's the easy peasy method.

Thanks, I've been avoiding tainted cain because he's a bit of a chore to play, but this let me knock out all his unlocks in a couple of runs.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

Hot Diggity! posted:

Goddamn I wish there was a way to unlock the Forgotten via mod

Just install some mod that lets you cheat enough. I did a lot of horsehit unlocks with a mod that spawns like 20 item pedestals in every starting room of a floor, and steamrolling through the game that way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
They still haven't fixed the Marathon achievement.

:negative: