Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

Black August posted:

Yeah, those are legitimately good tracks. My ideal will be a mix and match of the three OSTs once modding is turned back on.

I wonder if it's possible to randomize the soundtrack. Or maybe have the Danny B / Antibirth version play on the first floor, base game version play on the second floor.

God, once the few remaining lumps with this are smoothed over, I think I"m finally going to pick up AB+, slap on Repentance, start a brand new file, and just experience the definitive version of this stupid game I love from scratch.

Dumb question, but is there a way I can re-lock achievements so I can keep track of what I need to complete more easily?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!
I'm a little sad if that's the case tbh. I know "it's just a dream" is usually a copout, but this particular ending path feels far more interesting as a challenge to the games' themes than a continuation of them. The idea of literally turning back before it's too late, realizing the factors in play that were never Isaac's fault, and confronting how Isaac's imagination, anxieties, and strangeness combine into something uniquely dark and twisted are fascinating. Isaac having a sloghtly happier dying dream, not so much.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!
I have good news! Baby Plum is forgiving and will still give you her flute if you accidentally hit her once or twice at the start of the fight.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!
I figured the two Repentance endings differed because one is for if Isaac's mother finds out his dark inner thoughts, and one is for if his father does. It isn't like the story needs to have a single ending, you know? Especially when you have multiple paths, especially when the Repentance one has you literally walking away from the entire back half of the game.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!

The Moon Monster posted:

Well the nice thing is you can just go straight for the knife piece and then leave if you want. The amount of floor you have to clear for that varies but the boss is always completely optional. If the mines piece had some sort of additional risk for additional reward it would be better imo.

Yeah. Don't have it take your items, but maybe add some side paths with pickups/items, and maybe a boss room where you can fight your pursuer. Nothing livens up a chase like getting to turn the tables.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!
It reminds me of how, like, three quarters of Kirby games have the last or second-to-last boss incorporate an inevitable free-flying shooter section.

The Beast is interesting because it almost feels like a loss against Dogma instead of a victory. It falls upon you, overwhelms you, and infuses you with its essence. Then you're flying through Hell (a stereotypical Christian fire-and-brimstone version, too, rather than the Sheol you enter in game) on angel's wings as you face off against the apocalyptic visions of Revelations.