Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NoUU
Mar 8, 2013

Bisnap and Northernlion will be streaming Rebirth 3 hours before release if you're too exited to think about anything else before it comes out.

NoUU fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Nov 3, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NoUU
Mar 8, 2013

Full Battle Rattle posted:

I wonder if you can use seeds that net you certain items to complete achievements. If so, then 178 achievements would probably be trivial with a seed that gives you say, Epic Fetus on floor one.

Nope, seeded runs won't unlock anything.

NoUU
Mar 8, 2013

Kaethela posted:

Mewgenics apparently not canceled? New Meat Boy? Slow down Edmund, I can't handle this.

Tommy (The other half of team meat) doesn't like working on Mew-Genics so they're putting it off for awhile, but he's said that it'll come out eventually on his streams. Super Meat Boy: Forever is a one button meat boy with some random generation in levels. They showed it on a stream awhile ago but I don't remember where.

NoUU fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Nov 4, 2014

NoUU
Mar 8, 2013

There's an item that lets you shoot Death's scythes :vince:

NoUU
Mar 8, 2013

Bisnap made an enemy invincible and then crashed the game after Satan fight (might be Ankh), and with what Cobalt did the game seems pretty buggy.

NoUU fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Nov 4, 2014

NoUU
Mar 8, 2013

Catastrophics posted:

After fighting Mom a large room opened up with a choice of four decent items. After picking one up the other three disappeared and he had to fight most of the bosses from the original game in succession, two at a time. Including Bloat and Mask of Infamy at the same time. :stare:

I'm not sure how many waves there were but it seemed to be at least seven.

That's what happens when you beat Mom in under 20 minutes, I wonder if there are rewards for finishing other bosses fast.

NoUU
Mar 8, 2013

The reward for The Purist challenge run is a new consumable that goes in your card/pill slot. When used it spawns 3 attack flys and 3 attack spiders.

NoUU
Mar 8, 2013

Damo posted:

Anyone know what the "How to Jump" item does? I got it and accidentally got rid of it before using it, and now I hear everyone saying how fun and awesome it is and I feel like I missed out bad and really wanna know what it does now.

The one with Mario on it? It let's you jump 3-5 tiles in any direction and has no cooldown, it can be used to get over gaps but it's much better at dodging. It feels more like a dash really.

NoUU
Mar 8, 2013

chippy posted:

I'm using a 360 pad. Should it have analogue movement then?

Yeah I have full 360 movement with my analogue stick, have you checked your bindings?

NoUU
Mar 8, 2013

13/f/cali posted:

Unrelated, I experienced something odd where after the second form of Satan he just flew away and dropped the chest, skipping his third form entirely. Anybody else experienced that? That has only happened one time so far and I was playing as Eve.

Did you have a lot of evil or faith ups?

NoUU
Mar 8, 2013

Monstro's lung doesn't even work with Mom's Knife, gently caress this item.

CJacobs posted:

Do you still get items for beating the game as characters (meaning just Mom's Heart)? I just beat the game as Samson and all it said I unlocked was Ipecac, which unlocked because of the next sequential ending I got.

Yeah you do, ipecac is Samsons unlock for beating Mom's Heart now I'm pretty sure.

NoUU
Mar 8, 2013

I was ramming myself into a blood donation machine to use up my 9 lives when the one machine turned into 4. I wasn't able to see if I could use the new ones because of my health but I'll try it next time I have 9 lives, maybe the item's still useful for exploits.

NoUU
Mar 8, 2013

Plan Z posted:

Similar question that may have been asked, but what are the stone rooms with the single spike square in the center supposed to be? Looks like they're marked with chains or something on the mini-map.

Those are sacrifice rooms. If you walk over the spike you have a chance of getting a chest. Not worth it most of the time.

NoUU
Mar 8, 2013

Logan 5 posted:

Ah, thanks, guess I just didn't pay close enough attention to it when I picked up.

Has anyone else noticed that on the pause screen the luck stat never actually changes from 1? At least for me it doesnt, even after luck items like the scab/lucky foot or luck up pills. Bug?

It goes up, I think it took me 3-4 luck up pills to get to 2 ticks.

NoUU
Mar 8, 2013

LaughMyselfTo posted:

I thought Brimstone + Mom's Knife was supposed to release a flurry of Mom's Knives? :(

It does, Azazel's attack isn't brimstone.

NoUU
Mar 8, 2013

RatHat posted:

Ugh, the Horsemen can drop both the bandage ball and the cube of meat during the same run. Means that even if you get lucky and get fight four Horsemen in the same run there's still only a 12.5% chance they'll all give the same item.

I wonder if you can re-roll one into the other with a rune or the D6? That's the only way I see of getting the meat boy achievement because I've only gotten a level 2 meat boy once.

NoUU
Mar 8, 2013

Crosspeice posted:

Oh cool, Sacred Heart, magic one hit shield thing and Guppy's Head. Mama's Boy and first Cathedral win yes please. Pretty powerful Isaac run, but WHERE IS THE D6? Isaac is boring as poo poo without it.

You need to beat Isaac with ??? to get the D6 now.

NoUU
Mar 8, 2013

Alkydere posted:

Are...are attack flies based off of your damage?

Yeah, I think they did 2x your damage in the original. I just watched Richard_Hammer one shot blue baby with a fly on stream.

NoUU
Mar 8, 2013

Your Computer posted:

Pretty sure McMillen hates fun (see: Original Brimstone, etc. vs. nerfed), so I'm going to be really sad when this cute fella goes from amazing to useless :(

Bisnap who was a beta tester said he talked to the devs about dark bum pre-release. They where aware that it's really strong and didn't seem to care.

NoUU
Mar 8, 2013

gently caress devil deals if you have an item that give guaranteed post-boss rooms. I just got Halo, Prayer Card, and Sacred Heart on Judas from angel rooms. Jesus does indeed love me.

Has anyone fought Mega Satan after the patch? Does it not crash anymore?

NoUU
Mar 8, 2013

Otto von Ruthless posted:

What the hell is the unlock for the cellar? I'd been through the basement like 100 times without getting it, and then I randomly got it in the middle of the boss rush.

I had thought it was killing all the basement bosses but I didn't think the boss rush bosses counted for things like that, plus it was the third or fourth time I'd done the rush so there is no way I didn't kill whatever, plus I really don't think I could've missed any bosses after that many times.

It's number of basement bosses killed I think, I've seen people unlock the cellar in the chest too so it totally counts outside the basement floors. I was wrong

NoUU
Mar 8, 2013

BlackFrost posted:

Is there an item that completely removes you ability to see how much health you have left?

I think it happened after I picked up that (awesome) Jara item.

That's a curse like the one that hides your map or makes 2 floors into one.

NoUU
Mar 8, 2013

I bet the words to the Cathedral's song have something to do with the secret people haven't found yet.

NoUU
Mar 8, 2013

something posted:

So I'm considering buying this game but I heard somewhere that it's absolutely poo poo with keyboard controls. Is that true in any way?

No, keyboard is fine, I put 300 hours into the original with a keyboard. Controller just feels better because of analog movement.

NoUU
Mar 8, 2013

Read posted:

How did you get Death's Scythe? In a red chest? Also, did you previously unlock it?

It's unlocked by doing the Waka Waka challenge, and yeah it's a deal with the devil item.

NoUU
Mar 8, 2013

flatluigi posted:

Update: looks like there are multiple death screens involved.

I'm betting its die with Maggy(Or any Character) with Guppy's Collar or Ankh on Satan and then beat Mega Satan with the 2nd life.

Does anyone give a gently caress if we stop spoilering this by the way?

NoUU
Mar 8, 2013

Waltchelg posted:

Supposed method to unlock the character below.

you need to die azazel in the second form of satan, isaac to mullibooms in the basement, maggy self bombing in the caves and judas to moms foot in the depths

I don't know if ordering matters.

Cobalt is so desperate to get platinum god and stop streaming 12 hours a day he'll try anything the chat says at this point I think. No loving way this is true.

NoUU
Mar 8, 2013

Waltchelg posted:

you need to die azazel in the second form of satan, isaac to mullibooms in the basement, maggy self bombing in the caves and judas to moms foot in the depths

Can't believe this poo poo actually works. Cobalt did it in the order of Isaac, Maggy, Judas, Azazel and unlocked The Lost. What the gently caress Edmund. I like the ways of finding out how to do it, killing yourself in sacrifice rooms with specific items to get pieces of puzzles and hints, but the actual method to unlock The Lost is loving dumb.

NoUU
Mar 8, 2013

Rocketlex posted:

It's the Minecraft problem of games feeling like they don't need to explain themselves because players will do it for them. Generally speaking, Binding of Isaac is actually good about avoiding this and it's one of the reasons I love it. This just seems like a bit of a misstep.

This isn't comparable to Minecraft at all. It's not tons of crafting recipes to find out, it's one super end game thing that only people really dedicated even care about.

NoUU
Mar 8, 2013

It's going to take me 6 months to get Real Platinum God :negative:

Alkydere posted:

The Lost...lost? :v:

Out of curiosity, what does The Lost start with?

Nothing. He dies in one hit at all times and has bad stats. He gets free deals with the devil though.

NoUU
Mar 8, 2013

The only real problem I have with this game is a lot of synergies not working. They could of spent more time hard coding them in.

NoUU
Mar 8, 2013

Holy poo poo, 9 lives makes The Lost invincible. How did they not catch that?

NoUU
Mar 8, 2013

Richard_Hammer has already lost his mind playing The Lost. I can't wait to see him at the end of his next 12 our shift. :kheldragar:

NoUU
Mar 8, 2013

Van Kraken posted:

Dead Boy is still broken. :(

Patch is coming Monday or Tuesday to fix that.

Does anyone have tips on the Suicide King challenge? I can't do it. :qq:

NoUU
Mar 8, 2013

It's dumb that people are using an exploit to get the hardest achievements, it's dumber that Nicalis let such an obvious exploit through.

NoUU
Mar 8, 2013

Zoness posted:

Broken Watch is aptly pretty broken. I'm not sure what the percent rate on it activating a slow is but afaik the slow doesn't expire which trivializes even the most obnoxious of bosses.

If you think that's broken wait till your donation machine gets to 999 and you unlock the Stop Watch. It slows every room.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NoUU
Mar 8, 2013

drunken officeparty posted:

What does "tears up/down" actually mean? Is it every tear related stat like range/damage/shot speed in one?

And what does faith up/down do?

Tears is your fire rate. Faith probably affects your chance of Angel rooms but beyond that we're not really sure.