Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Meat
Jun 28, 2013

CERTIFIED FRESH AS HELL DOC MAKER

Haven't 100% the original, but I'm pretty excited for Rebirth, all the changes so far seem great, even if I still don't give a drat about the overall theme of the game.

Honestly, I'm mostly excited for it to be another game I'll be able to play while listening to podcasts/audiobooks.

Hopefully there won't be horrible technical issues with the game on launch on PC as quite a few indie games tend to have.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Meat
Jun 28, 2013

Don't remember if it's been announced, but that list has an achievement for a Boss Rush mode, I wonder what it'll exactly be like

Well, just over two days left until the game unlocks on Steam, pretty excited.

A Meat
Jun 28, 2013

ChibiSoma posted:

After Tales of Maj'Eyal and it's 1,330+ achievements, those numbers do not scare me.

...Plus, you know most of 'em are just gonna be items unlocking an' stuff, like it was in the original.

To be fair, ToME has maybe 150-200 unique achievements that have copies for each difficulty setting.

A Meat
Jun 28, 2013

New graphics look like something out of The Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap, which makes it a-ok in my book.

A Meat
Jun 28, 2013

Hahaha, the game got my PC stuck in a situation where my PC wouldn't accept commands from my keyboard, but the gamepad still worked and I had to hard reset my computer to get out of the game, guess I won't be playing in fullscreen and see if I can use my mouse then.

gently caress having no mouse support in game though, gently caress Nicalis for not having that.

A Meat
Jun 28, 2013

Well, it seems like a bunch of other people have issues with some types of keyboard being incapacitated by the game, making the game 100% unplayable, guess I'll have to use my gamepad. Feel sorry for all the people who don't have one.

Hope there's a bugfix soon, and also mouse support.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Meat
Jun 28, 2013

Just had two winning (Sheol/Cathedral Clear) Monstro's Lung Runs in a row, first one was with Eden, a slow burn with getting Ouija, Sagittarius and Technology 2, but mostly won because of Pinking Shears which is really good. Second one with Maggy only needed Monstro's Lung and Ipecac to win, the rest was just for decoration. I don't think I'll be getting more than a winning steak of 3 any time soon (unless I win the next run)

Unlocked the Negative, just one away from the Polaroid.

Also, How to Jump + Broken Teleporter is super fun.

Fun thing I learned from a run not too long ago, Proptotsis + Soy Milk will end your run.