Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BigWeirdSashimi
Jul 10, 2019
For some strange reason I just bought this game last week for the first time. I did, of course, buy the (final?) expansion as well. I got a couple of wins with characters down, so I'm doing some of the challenges for variety, and HOLY poo poo did I just bad a win of purist that I can only describe as fraudulent. Sold out early for brimstone, got guppy afterwards to extend my lifespan a bit, then lucked into placebo and a Luck Up pill. Once my luck was around 15 or so I found binge eater, and a couple of floors later, a proper arcade lmao. Big shoutout to safety scissors for making sure I always had enough bombs!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigWeirdSashimi
Jul 10, 2019

PostNouveau posted:

Snowballing into an outrageous win by taking risks early is the very essence of this game.

That's just it, it never snowballed. Even with all that I barely finished with like 5 red hearts and 2 lives left out of 9. Didn't see a damage up until the last floor either. Where's my busted synergies, Ed you loser

BigWeirdSashimi
Jul 10, 2019

Waffle! posted:

Finding Envy on the first floor before the item room is an instant restart for me. I don't have time for that.

Really? Envy seems easy enough to me so far.

Now if the first boss is a variant on Widowmaker, I'm doomed

BigWeirdSashimi
Jul 10, 2019

Ariong posted:

Widow? That one’s no problem. Here’s a tip: if you’re standing directly to the left or right of it when it jumps toward you, it will jump over you. So you stand right next to it and pour shots into it until it jumps over you, then reposition and repeat.

Thank you, that's going to save me so much annoyance

BigWeirdSashimi
Jul 10, 2019
lmao the power of bitching to this thread is real, just pulled off Greed mode with azazel thanks to an early tiny planet and it was all downhill from there

Thanks Ed, can't wait to curse your name to the heavens again

BigWeirdSashimi
Jul 10, 2019
Tried it this morning, worked like a charm. Thank you!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigWeirdSashimi
Jul 10, 2019
I love this guy so much I am willing to admit he gonna die on the internet

Lazarus with Gas Giant, Pay to win, and a Meat Boy

I call him Big Pimpin, and the smiles are so drat goofy