Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

vuohi
Nov 22, 2004

Irony Be My Shield posted:

I like the D6 because it let me finish off the item sheet easily.

D6'd Isaac also makes the harder no damage achievements manageable, by making a flight item easier to get. In my opinion it was a good design choice to include a re-rolling item to balance the heavy RNG dependency of some parts the game.

Platinum God club :colbert:

limited posted:

In relevance to the original, if anyone wants to see just how badly you could break the original BoI Xaiter and some other folks in his LP pulled the game to pieces.

This was one of the most amazing LPs on this forum ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vuohi
Nov 22, 2004

FAT WORM OF ERROR posted:

Thats pretty low end on the craziness scale, look at this one! Skip to the end to see full screen lasers and teeth
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZuEmLW1SU50

tl;dw version: Dude exploits a Greed room by grinding it for about an hour for Steam sale drops. His method is killing Greed but leaving his underlings alive which keeps the room in the uncleared state, then going out and back in for a new Greed. Then he rerolls (D6+Habit) about 6 Steam sales at the same time which eventually leads to the item pool running out of use items and dropping only power-up items. He ends up having about every single damage+ item in the game and yelling "are you not entertained" to the viewers of his stream.

...but I recommend that you leave it running on the side while you read something. You'll appreciate the glorious stupidity more that way.

vuohi
Nov 22, 2004
Just edit autoexec.bat & config.sys correctly you scrubs.

vuohi
Nov 22, 2004

Little Blue Couch posted:

Haha holy gently caress, i was a wizard at the old game and now i'm completely loving lost. This owns

I am definitely pleased with the amount of new poo poo they added to the game. I guess knowing the old game inside out does help some though, because I killed mom on my first run and the cathedral boss on my second.

vuohi
Nov 22, 2004

13/f/cali posted:

How did you get to the Cathedral on your second run? Spawn a God room after Mom's Heart? I haven't even seen a God Room yet.

Exactly like this.