Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Yeah gently caress the newgrounds look. spritez for life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Every time monstro jumps or mom's heart beats, the screen flashes black. I imagine there's some sort of thump effect that won't render right. [on a mac].

Anyone else have this problem?

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

I had an amazing monstro's lung run ruined when I picked up magnetic tears.

It's just too drat much magnet power. Just shooting would send every enemy in the room SKYROCKETING directly at my face.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

I thought I understood haematomesis pills [or however it's spelled], but i clearly don't, because it really hosed up my last run using one and not getting the kind of hearts I was expecting. How do they work?

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Yeah, that's pretty much what happened to me too.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

P.s, it is way too easy to gently caress up a promising run by eating a bad pill or picking up something that SHOULD have some cool effect with your current tears setup but instead gimps the poo poo out of you.

P.p.s, cain sucks now.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

loving A, add 'explosive thoughts' to the list of things that will cause semi-random explosions to kill you.

Zombies are immune to their own explosive vomit, why can't I be immune to my explosions??

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Oh god, after like 50 losses in a row I realized that I had somehow set the game to hard mode.

When I set it back to easy the game just seemed like such a cakewalk! There were red hearts dog-gone EVERYWHERE

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

that little meteorite can turn a decent run into a terrible run, or a good run into an incredible run. It's such a weird item.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

TubeStank posted:

Guppy's head + brimstone is amazingly unfair to use. Go into a room, hit space, everything dies.

Everything did not die here right away because of the enemy type, but still. One shot every boss.

I loving hate these guys.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Pretty sure that's brimstone + magnetic tears

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Maybe it's related to that clock that shows up on the 'next level' splash page? I have no idea.

Maybe secret rooms are more likely to appear the faster you play through?

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

What does mom's key do? I always buy it and I can never tell what the effect is.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Crack the sky is so loving worthless, I would rather have the cursed eye. Crack the sky is a tremendous disappointment, and I cannot for the life of me understand why it was added.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Dang it dang it dang it! Made it all the way down to satan with ??? and just couldn't bring it home. There was so much attrition from rooms with multiple laser eye monsters! There's just no dodging those, even with high speed.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Also the bosses are much more difficult. If you claim to not hate the haunt you are a liar and i hate you.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

IGgy IGsen posted:

I have no issues with the haunt :(

Bosses end enemies are more dangerous but that's the entire point of the cellar. To balance that out some of the bosses take way less hits than the Monstros and Geminis, which are jokes and just there to stall you. The Widow for instance goes down quick but catches less experienced players off guard with her jumping around. In general, the spider enemies in the cellar are more bearbable than the tall spiders in the basement, because they take less hits. A small spider takes two hits at base attack value (assuming isaac) and the big ones go down in three.

I'm not saying the cellar isn't harder, though, I just genuinely think it's more fun and don't understand the hate people seem to have for it. It used to give me a lot of trouble when WotL first came out, though, I'll admit.

Uhhhh there's a million tall spiders in the cellar too so I'm not sure what your point is.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

The cellar's music is awesome, and definitely reminds me of metroid, but doesn't excuse the fact that the very first room you walk into could have 15 spiders in it and also three giant spiders that constantly poop out more spiders and also they are bombs. It's too hard for the first level.

Ignite Memories fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Nov 17, 2014

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Guys which one should I pick?

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

That would kill me. I might actually accomplish something this run! this is important.

I NEED THAT D6

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

So be it, 13/f/cali. So be it.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Hot diggity damnit, I did it! That was the run! And the best part is, the thing that won me the run was the sacred loving heart I got on the depths I god room.

gently caress yeah. D6 fo life.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

The blank card is my new favorite item. I reluctantly grabbed it in place of my book of belial with a judas run, ended up picking up a devil card [so it was essentially a 4-turn BoB], and then once my damage was high enough I ditched it for a heirophant card that carried me through to satan. I finally unlocked the negative! Can't wait to get down there.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Aw, crap. What does the 'its in the cards' challenge unlock, exactly? I just made it down to the trophy room, and then went in the devil door and stupidly died to the krampus. I'm debating starting over and I wanna know if it's worth it.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Ariong posted:

Why do magnetic tears override scythe tears?

I don't know but it happened to me too and I HATE it. They would have such excellent synergy if it worked.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

I was all excited when I got ring-laser tears but then I found a bunch of other cool tear powerups that should have done something and none of them did.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Tammy's Head + Brimstone makes this game such a nonissue.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Toxxupation posted:

It's crazy too because there's a ton of homing familiars that are not only good, but great; Leech, lil' haunt, SMB/SBG, smart fly (especially the last one, which is straight-up a good version of dead bird)

It bothers me that they added smart fly when they could have just buffed bird's AI. It also would have had the side effect of making eve more fun to play.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Finally I have unlocked the lost. Now the pain can truly begin.

*straps balls into crushing mechanism*

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

I'm kicking the boots on some streaming software I downloaded the other day, if anyone wants to watch me play binding of isaac for a run or two. I just want to make sure I got the sound and everything working, and the levels are okay.

Twitch.tv/H4lberd

edit: thank you to whoever helped me with my levels!

Ignite Memories fucked around with this message at 05:39 on Dec 20, 2015

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

The lost is starting to make me really hate Ragman. It's not even the spiders, it's the drat burstfire homing tears without any wind-up animation. It's so drat hard to stay away from them when you're dodging spiders.

does anyone have any lost tips? I'm probably going to go for The Body first but idk from there. I don't know if I'm ever gonna finish a run with this guy, even with the mantle.

edit: gently caress it , gonna stream a few lost attempts. I am not great at this game. twitch.tv/h4lberd

Ignite Memories fucked around with this message at 05:48 on Jan 8, 2016

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Backpack, Converter and Guppy's Paw is a very very strong combination

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Another cool thing about membership cards is that you can still buy from the secret shop even if the regular shop was Greed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Yeah, it's been there forever