Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Doctor Candiru
Dec 23, 2004
Umbrella Monkey Sand
It seems like that sketch was written by five people who didn't talk to each other at all during the writing of it.

Then the cue cards were shuffled.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CannedMacabre
Jul 6, 2007

In space, no one
can hear you fart.
Why does painfully awkward Rob Lowe have Wolverine hair? Nevermind, it makes sense.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It was still better than some of the actual sitcoms that air on TBS though.

Jenga Jim
Apr 13, 2004
Master of Disguise
Is this the worst episode of the past five years? The laughs are few and far between. Kind of brutal to watch.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Jenga Jim posted:

Is this the worst episode of the past five years?

It is not.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Jenga Jim posted:

Is this the worst episode of the past five years? The laughs are few and far between. Kind of brutal to watch.

Uh, everything has been good except the ISIS sketch and whatever that last one was.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Jenga Jim posted:

Did you only watch the last 2 sketches and also not the fake commercial between them?

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005

Jenga Jim posted:

I think the episode is doing pretty much average (although the pacing is naturally weird) but that last sketch has to be one of the biggest messes they've aired in a good while. It wasn't like people were breaking or anything it was just bad.

Doctor Candiru
Dec 23, 2004
Umbrella Monkey Sand

Jenga Jim posted:

That last sketch was a disaster, but this is probably the best episode of the season.

Kosher Pickup Line
Jan 10, 2008

Hair Elf
A lot of this episode has felt like that last sketch. Just kind of off.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

J33uk posted:

I think the episode is doing pretty much average (although the pacing is naturally weird) but that last sketch has to be one of the biggest messes they've aired in a good while. It wasn't like people were breaking or anything it was just bad.

It didn't help that she gestured at the crew or something instead of covering it in any way.

Not a lot of improv experience, I guess?

Iowa Snow King
Jan 5, 2008

Doctor Candiru posted:

That last sketch was a disaster, but this is probably the best episode of the season.

QFT

CannedMacabre
Jul 6, 2007

In space, no one
can hear you fart.
This episode has lacked polish but has had some real high points.

Doctor Candiru
Dec 23, 2004
Umbrella Monkey Sand
Most walkers have little seat things, but this is still a funny thing.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
I want to see this movie.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Well I just had 3 or 4 minutes of "Please stand by" from my local NBC that cut directly into this sketch so it's not just SNL screwing up tonight I guess.

Kosher Pickup Line
Jan 10, 2008

Hair Elf
Liking this

CannedMacabre
Jul 6, 2007

In space, no one
can hear you fart.

Doctor Candiru posted:

Most walkers have little seat things, but this is still a funny thing.

Johnny loving medical supply salesman over here.

Doctor Candiru
Dec 23, 2004
Umbrella Monkey Sand
Mooney is enigmatic on a level that SNL hasn't seen in a long time. Even more than Armisen was.

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005

Aphrodite posted:

Well I just had 3 or 4 minutes of "Please stand by" from my local NBC that cut directly into this sketch so it's not just SNL screwing up tonight I guess.

IIRC that means the commericals didn't fire off automatically locally like they should. Happens every few months for me (and in smaller markets it can happen a bunch). Also that sketch was pretty decent

Fresh Like Zafo
May 31, 2012

Doctor Candiru posted:

Mooney is enigmatic on a level that SNL hasn't seen in a long time. Even more than Armisen was.

Anything is better than Armisen. Anything.

Iowa Snow King
Jan 5, 2008
Wanted more Prince, though

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person

Aphrodite posted:

I have the feeling they didn't plan on a long break there and did some fast shuffling that threw some locals off.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Iowa Snow King posted:

The story we call life.

Jenga Jim
Apr 13, 2004
Master of Disguise
There have been a lot of flubbed lines and missed cues so far. And I don't think I've seen a sketch in recent memory bomb as badly as that last one.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

What, only one Prince song?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Um...no second Prince? This is the worst

Z.S. Ghost
Jan 1, 2008

Odd Fire Wolf Gang
If I had anything to do with SNL I would push for Everything Is Terrible pastiches like this one.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Now it was commercials, super long title card, another commercial, and this.

Something got shuffled and threw everything off.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Jodi Cork voice is the best.

Doctor Candiru
Dec 23, 2004
Umbrella Monkey Sand
I guess if it was between an incredible eight-minute Prince performance or two good ones, I'd take the former, but I hope they take advantage of this.

Looks like they are so far.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Codependent Poster posted:

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Um...no second Prince? This is the worst

We knew this going in. He agreed to do one long performance instead of two shorter ones.

Kosher Pickup Line
Jan 10, 2008

Hair Elf
This episode ended on a high note.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

so. many. flubbed. lines

Revol
Aug 1, 2003

EHCIARF EMERC...
EHCIARF EMERC...

Codependent Poster posted:

I wonder if they cancelled is second song because his first was too long? Or maybe that was planned?

We'll know if he's on the stage at the end.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Deadpool posted:

We knew this going in. He agreed to do one long performance instead of two shorter ones.

Oh, I didn't know that. :(

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Iowa Snow King posted:

I was mostly kidding about that comment earlier about the sketches just getting in the way, but I would've been fine if they trashed everything since Weekend Update for 45 minutes of Prince just jamming because god drat did the episode slam right into a wall.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Hahahaha

Doctor Candiru
Dec 23, 2004
Umbrella Monkey Sand
Preju-dat's better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CannedMacabre
Jul 6, 2007