Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Is Chris Rock the first ex-cast host who had a recurring character that didn't bring back a recurring character? Is the time for Nat X really gone?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
One of my favorite Al Franken anecdotes in Doug Hill and Jeff Weingrad's book (just below the time he got kicked out of the press pool during a Ronald Reagan barnstorming tour) is connected to this episode:

"[Ricky] walked into Lorne's office while Franken was there, lying on the floor with his feet up on Lorne's desk.

"'Hey Rick,' Franken said cheerfully, 'how about an "Ozzie's Dead" sketch?'

"After Franken left, Lorne turned to Nelson and said, 'That was Al Franken. You have to understand.'"

We should be very grateful that we got that Twilight Zone sketch instead.

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

SHUPS 4 DETH posted:

I'm guessing it's just too dated to land today. I swear that sketch was 20 minutes long.

That was definitely one of those sketches custom crafted for boomers. I can guarantee you that every one of those shows was in heavy rerun rotation somewhere throughout the 1970s. And then on Nick At Nite. And finally on Antenna TV, the only post-millenium network that gets an outcry when Hazel is pulled from the lineup.

• Locked thread