Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JukeboxHerostratus
Nov 25, 2009

Quit soda, walked 5 miles almost daily, and ate 1300 calories + 800 on days when I walked and I dropped almost 80 pounds in less than 5 months. Then I quit and gained 30 of it back.

I think I'll pick it up again, it would be nice to wear normal clothes for a change.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sinestro
Oct 31, 2010

The perfect day needs the perfect set of wheels.
I switched to diet soda and stopped eating sugary poo poo, and I've lost 50 pounds in a year. I mean, I'll die by the time that I'm fifty from caffeine and saccharin poisoning, but that's around when they'll pass the Motor Law, so I won't want to be alive anymore anyway. :v:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Jesus, he had $12K in medical bills. His family is broke, they don't even know if they'll be able to put him in the loving ground.

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 238 days!)

Rhyno posted:

Jesus, he had $12K in medical bills. His family is broke, they don't even know if they'll be able to put him in the loving ground.

How are/would they be responsible? I mean the hospital could put a lien against his worldly goods, but I can't see how they could try to go upstream.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
I'm sure these places would try.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Viggen posted:

How are/would they be responsible? I mean the hospital could put a lien against his worldly goods, but I can't see how they could try to go upstream.

Debt always goes to next of kin. My girlfriend's mother died and her medical debts are coming our way. Also he had no assets, he was living on his mom's couch in her 1 bedroom apartment before he went in the nursing home.

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

You can inherit debts? That's some loving bullshit. "Welp your parent racked up a gorillion dollars of debt and you happen to be related to them, so gently caress you"

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

BrokenKnucklez posted:

I'm sure these places would try.

Sure, they'll try. Various different companies claiming to be owed money by my best friend tried to get his old mother to pay for his debts after he died. She has mild dementia and although they were UNSECURED CREDIT lines, she paid most of them off despite several of us telling her she was not responsible for them. :dawkins101:

Rhyno posted:

Debt always goes to next of kin. My girlfriend's mother died and her medical debts are coming our way. Also he had no assets, he was living on his mom's couch in her 1 bedroom apartment before he went in the nursing home.

They can try. It goes to the estate, but unless the next of kin cosigned, they're not actually on the handle for it.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

SperginMcBadposter posted:

You can inherit debts? That's some loving bullshit. "Welp your parent racked up a gorillion dollars of debt and you happen to be related to them, so gently caress you"

The banks always get their money. We have the finest government money can buy :911:

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011

Rhyno posted:

What? No. Debt goes to the estate and unless you cosigned specific debts, debt does not go to the next of kin.

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

the spyder posted:

What? No. Debt goes to the estate and unless you cosigned specific debts, debt does not go to the next of kin.

Almost word for word. :q: Don't pay for poo poo that isn't yours somehow, people!

Does anybody in AI collect mustache cups? I have 3 of them. One is left handed, which is pretty drat rare.

--

Is there a free 2D cad application for Windows that doesn't suck? I want to draw a prototype of the PVC bed cradle I'm going to make for the folks so I can estimate my elbows and Ts and not just cobble it together.

West SAAB Story fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Dec 1, 2014

T-Square
May 14, 2009

ExplodingSims posted:

So I just got Spintires on Steam for $10. Seems pretty fun, they've certainly added a lot since I played the trial. .
Since everyone's posting their Steam e-cred, anyone up for some multiplayer? I'm Explodingsims on Steam if anyone wants to give it a try.

I picked it up the other night too, wouldn't mind trying out multiplayer. I'm sacked_stig on Steam. Be forewarned, I have no loving clue what I'm doing!

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

I'd be down for some Spintires multi at some point, though I'll have to get rid of all of my mod trucks since apparently they break multiplayer :(

Tomarse
Mar 7, 2001

Grr

CommieGIR posted:

So, at work, our CEO got sold on a Soncwall setup with Sonicpoint Access Points, and its been a disaster. The Access points drop client regularly, hate legacy wireless, and are in general a pain in the rear end.

So I purchased a couple Ubiquity Unifi APs to try for less than one of the Sonicpoint APs.

Its been a dream. Cheap, rugged, and excellent throughput.

Ubiquiti wireless kit is awesome. I've never dealt with any other hardware that is so cheap that just works so well and it doesn't seem to suffer from any weird hardware compatibility issues like every other managed wireless does.

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_li1gYcvXxw

Bored night time errands give me an excuse to GO LOUD. BLAP BLAP.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

Rhyno posted:

Yeah, to third everyone else this is not correct. As a lawyer, I can promise you. The estate pays and if the estate has less than 12k, the hospital is poo poo out of luck.
If the hospital tries, it would be quick work for an attorney.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I'm calling dibs on startin the december chat thread in a couple hours

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

OFFICER 13 INCH posted:

I'm calling dibs on startin the december chat thread in a couple hours
You're already an hour late.

Timmy Cruise
Jun 9, 2007

Viggen posted:

Almost word for word. :q: Don't pay for poo poo that isn't yours somehow, people!

Does anybody in AI collect mustache cups? I have 3 of them. One is left handed, which is pretty drat rare.

--

Is there a free 2D cad application for Windows that doesn't suck? I want to draw a prototype of the PVC bed cradle I'm going to make for the folks so I can estimate my elbows and Ts and not just cobble it together.

Try Draftsight - we use it at work instead of AutoCAD LT.

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

Timmy Cruise posted:

Try Draftsight - we use it at work instead of AutoCAD LT.

This looks promising. LibreCAD and QCad are kind of hokey, but nothing is as crap as Dia. I learned on ACAD, so this should be a decent 2d version if you are using it instead of LT. Cheers!

Holy moley.. 200 meg installer!

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

rscott posted:

once i switched my mental crutch from booze to weed and stopped drinking soda (because mixed drinks) i lost like 80 lbs and my appetite actually seems to have objectively decreased, i highly recommend it

I actually get really anxious if I smoke much weed if I don't have any alcohol in me.

Used to be a huge stoner, then smoked way too much weed while on way too much LSD. I couldn't smoke weed at all for a few years after, and still get anxious if I smoke more than a little. :sigh:

That happened 15 years ago, btw.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

nm posted:

Yeah, to third everyone else this is not correct. As a lawyer, I can promise you. The estate pays and if the estate has less than 12k, the hospital is poo poo out of luck.
If the hospital tries, it would be quick work for an attorney.

It's all medical debt and they had already presented a bill to his family for his stay at the care facility because Medicaid decided not to cover it.

And his estate consists of two suitcases of clothes and a laptop.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

Cakefool posted:

Some of you goons cycle right? Any reason not to get a cheap cycle trainer? I can pick one up for £50 and it means I'll be doing precisely 100% more cycling, which is good because booze and food are delicious.

I actually just bought one today for this very reason.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Ha. Someone just asked if I'd do a payment plan for my beater-rear end E36 after I told him I'd take $800 for it. Oh craigslist. :allears:

JukeboxHerostratus
Nov 25, 2009

Tell him you'll accept a plan of 800 $1 payments, but all must take place at the same transaction.

General_Failure
Apr 17, 2005

ExplodingSims posted:

So I just got Spintires on Steam for $10. Seems pretty fun, they've certainly added a lot since I played the trial. .
Since everyone's posting their Steam e-cred, anyone up for some multiplayer? I'm Explodingsims on Steam if anyone wants to give it a try.

Ah goddamnit! I've been waiting for that to be reduced for ages. Steam said it's 33% off for me which makes it $20.09. How much was it reduced by when you got it?

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

General_Failure posted:

Ah goddamnit! I've been waiting for that to be reduced for ages. Steam said it's 33% off for me which makes it $20.09. How much was it reduced by when you got it?

It was a front page deal earlier this week for ~$10. It'll be about that much again next month with the Holiday Steam sale.

The Prong Song
Sep 7, 2002

WHITE
DRIVES
MATTER
I know I'm like two days late to this, but... what am I doing with my life?

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: $3130 ($1044 with sales)
  • Games owned: 253
  • Games not played: 95 (38%)
  • Hours on record: 5,784.6h

A: I have not played 38% of the games I've bought and

B: I've played nearly 6000 hours of games. That's like 9 man-months.

Timmy Cruise
Jun 9, 2007
Or 3 years of full time hours...

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

i might be getting too old for the whole video games thing but there just doesn't seem to be anything in the steam sale i want to buy. I used to spend 100 bucks a shot at these things. It seems all the games fit into one of a few terrible categories.

-I'm so indie i poo poo wreath clipart. Pretentious and broken, with the brokenness claimed to be intentional BECAUSE IT'S ART STOP JUDGING ART.
-$10 game with $50 in DLC that completes it
-early access game, maybe we'll finish it, maybe we won't, it's never not been the second one.
-minecraft but in ______ with _______.

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

I hear good things about Fez 2

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Viggen posted:

I hear good things about Fez 2

Your son of a bitch.

JukeboxHerostratus
Nov 25, 2009

Powershift posted:

i might be getting too old for the whole video games thing but there just doesn't seem to be anything in the steam sale i want to buy. I used to spend 100 bucks a shot at these things. It seems all the games fit into one of a few terrible categories.

-I'm so indie i poo poo wreath clipart. Pretentious and broken, with the brokenness claimed to be intentional BECAUSE IT'S ART STOP JUDGING ART.
-$10 game with $50 in DLC that completes it
-early access game, maybe we'll finish it, maybe we won't, it's never not been the second one.
-minecraft but in ______ with _______.

Buy Garry's Mod and make a game of your own. I've managed to make a deathmath thing for my brothers and I and it's been all sorts of fun. Well, except for actually using Garry's mod. Un-loving things has become part of the game.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
I still buy some games but not nearly as much as I used to. I don't think it's a lack of interest in them so much as I have found other things that I would like to do with my time.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

drinking eggnog with like half a bottle of whiskey yto make my brain shut the gently caress up about all the poo poo going on in the world wirhgt now

happy novemebr everyone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3685035

• Locked thread