Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all

OFFICER 13 INCH posted:

Took a tour of the refinished place courtesy of AI and wanted to share with you guys.

http://youtu.be/M-bHtceKg5U

For the best experience of this video, turn on subtitles. It subtitles coffepot as gonorrhea.

E: :stare: YOU HAVE A COPY OF SLED DRIVER YOU LUCKY SON OF A BITCH

spookykid fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Nov 30, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Holdbrooks
Jan 1, 2005

NEAI 2015
RIDE ETERNAL SHINY AND CHROME
ONWARD TO THE HALLS OF RUSTHALLA

OFFICER 13 INCH posted:

Took a tour of the refinished place courtesy of AI and wanted to share with you guys.

I got a half tour last night in Snapcat but loving that Chuck Norris!

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

General_Failure posted:

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: $3610 ($923 with sales)
  • Games owned: 320
  • Games not played: 232 (73%)
  • Hours on record: 147.8h

I'm pathetic at actually playing games I own.

• Worth: $3835 ($1131 with sales)
  • Games owned: 343
  • Games not played: 76 (22%)
  • Hours on record: 1,958.2h

I pathetically play most of the games I own even the bad ones I got in bundles.. almost 2000 hours?! That can't be right, it can't be. :smith:

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Dannywilson posted:

E: :stare: YOU HAVE A COPY OF SLED DRIVER YOU LUCKY SON OF A BITCH
:911:

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

T-Square
May 14, 2009

So you're all posting your Steam e-cred stats...is there a game that we all have, or could play together? I want people to play vidya games with :(

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all
:stare: and you show it off so casually.... a $500 coffeetable book about the coolest aircraft ever made. I hope you've gone and seen the Oxcart at the Seattle Museum of Flight multiple times by now.

Want. Want. Want.

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 238 days!)

I don't remember the last time I laughed this hard watching a YouTube without exposed body parts. Thanks, thirteen.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Dannywilson posted:

:stare: and you show it off so casually.... a $500 coffeetable book about the coolest aircraft ever made. I hope you've gone and seen the Oxcart at the Seattle Museum of Flight multiple times by now.

Want. Want. Want.
Sled Driver is without a doubt the finest book I have ever read. It is meant to be read in the same way a Ferrari is meant to b driven. To leave i on a shelf or in a box because it is rare or valuable is a loving crime, I read it whenever I want, I take it to work to show people, I loan it out to friends and family because if a page gets torn or a smudge or whatever, then so be it. It is the books purpose to read and be amazed an not enshrine it and worship its concept.

Buy a copy. Make it happen. You will not regret it.

And also yes Ive seen the one at the Boeing air museum 3 times now. it's loving huge.

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all
:unsmith: I can 100% get behind that mindset. I'm just jelly.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
PM me an adress then and I'll mail it out to you on the condition that it comes back when you're done if you want

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

OFFICER 13 INCH posted:

PM me an adress then and I'll mail it out to you on the condition that it comes back when you're done if you want

GUYS

WHAT IF THE BOOK WAS THE TOKEN FOR THE AI RALLY

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

I just placed my "Best of 1979" cassette into the caddy, "B" side up.
I then fast-forwarded this side, and ran it to the end.
I then flipped it over and placed it back into the caddy.
I started the "A" side.

I then muted the audio on 13" apartment when the music started.

Aww yeah, baby. :hydrogen:

E: gently caress second song is The Babys. :barf:

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007
hello im back in ai buy me avatars plz :-*
I've only played 8.2 hours of Steam games, but I had literal months worth of played time on some of my WoW characters. Sometimes I feel like it was still more productive than what I do now, because I do nothing outside of work except sleep and watch Netflix.

I spent the last four days with my family for Thanksgiving and my birthday, and it was way too much time to spend with them. Time to think of a plan to get out of spending Christmas with them.

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

Suicide is painless, it brings on many changes.
And I'll never find that recipe again..
WHOA NOOOOOooooooooo

West SAAB Story fucked around with this message at 05:46 on Nov 30, 2014

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002

kastein posted:

I will tell you you are wrong and be a horrible sperg here.

No, that is how you win a debate. Not by being an argumentative douchenozzle or wasting money on BRT avs, but by dropping some loving science. Well done sir, I applaud the knowledge dump. :golfclap:

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all

OFFICER 13 INCH posted:

Nah, my homeboy has a copy, I've read it, it's just a majestic book and I was super jelly at the casual display of one of my dreambooks. :swoon:

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

T-Square posted:

So you're all posting your Steam e-cred stats...is there a game that we all have, or could play together? I want people to play vidya games with :(

I dont have a Steam profile and I like my life that way - I simply do not game (outside of Minecraft)

But I spend a stupid amout of time trainign for Triathlon. Another 70.3 today, it got stupid hot and after I finished, I got carted to medical - heat stress related asthma and they are checking to see if I have fluid in the lungs. How the gently caress I finished, no one knows. It was a brutal, brutal day

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Cage posted:

:stare:

You're insane.

I was actually quite stable at speed Surprised the hell out of me, too. (Closed course, of course. Also, see: Automotive Insanity.)

Light-claymore: In theory, the saber hilt would work the same as a guard on a steel sword, protecting the hand. And, hey, don't the bad guys always go for the "bigger-is-better" cool-looking over function weapon?

Went and watched all three Mad Max films at the local Alamo Drafthouse. They got the Australian prints, so it was Mad Max with the Aussie dialog, and Mad Max II rather than Road Warrior. I don't think Thunderdome is any different.
It was glorious.

Oh, hey related:

http://www.madmaxcars.com/

I kind of want this XC Falcon panel:
http://www.madmaxcars.com/products/product_view.cgi?id_number=556313069162

I don't play on my PC much, I'm mostly a console guy:

• Worth: $536 ($143 with sales)

• Games owned: 42

• Games not played: 37 (88%)

• Hours on record: 19.4h

Mat_Drinks
Nov 18, 2002

mmm this nitromethane gets my supercharger runnin'

OFFICER 13 INCH posted:

9% Beer buddy! Except mine is He Said Baltic Style Porter. So good.

Woolwich Bagnet
Apr 27, 2003

goatse guy posted:

I've only played 8.2 hours of Steam games, but I had literal months worth of played time on some of my WoW characters. Sometimes I feel like it was still more productive than what I do now, because I do nothing outside of work except sleep and watch Netflix.

I spent the last four days with my family for Thanksgiving and my birthday, and it was way too much time to spend with them. Time to think of a plan to get out of spending Christmas with them.

I am incredibly thankful that netflix doesn't track the total time of things you've watched like every thing else does these days.

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

Goddamn living in a neighborhood of drug dealers is loving awesome..

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

Viggen posted:

Goddamn living in a neighborhood of drug dealers is loving awesome..

what'd you get?

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007
hello im back in ai buy me avatars plz :-*

Stealth Like posted:

I am incredibly thankful that netflix doesn't track the total time of things you've watched like every thing else does these days.

That would be the final push I need to throw out my TV and cultivate a real hobby.

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

cursedshitbox posted:

what'd you get?

Chased buy two cars, two cops to follow, and now an evil sounding bike pacing around the house. You?

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe
moved.
about a pint of booze and some quiet neighbors. oh so worth it.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Went out with friends to celebrate my sister's birthday. Came home to an Avalanche parked way over the line and the Miata's mirror knocked forward and a nice dent in the car.

What's the verdict AI, smash that fuckers windows?

ishikabibble
Jan 21, 2012

OFFICER 13 INCH posted:

And also yes Ive seen the one at the Boeing air museum 3 times now. it's loving huge.

Isn't it?
There's one on display at the Castle Air Museum in Atwater, California and it's just sitting in the parking lot surrounded by dinky little posts so you can basically walk right up to it. Got a couple of photos of my zippo sitting in the turbine, each one taken at a further distance. By the time the entire back of the plane is in frame you can only see the glint of the lighter :haw:

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

cursedshitbox posted:

oh so worth it.

If my neighbors weren't afraid of me and the dog, I'd have moved already. gently caress them and their 'staying inside not gonna make noise' stance. Buy me out or kill me, fuckers. You already failed at one. :madmax:

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

So I just got Spintires on Steam for $10. Seems pretty fun, they've certainly added a lot since I played the trial. .
Since everyone's posting their Steam e-cred, anyone up for some multiplayer? I'm Explodingsims on Steam if anyone wants to give it a try.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Rhyno posted:

Went out with friends to celebrate my sister's birthday. Came home to an Avalanche parked way over the line and the Miata's mirror knocked forward and a nice dent in the car.

What's the verdict AI, smash that fuckers windows?

Smash the latch for tailgate with a hammer. It should be plastic so long as its old enough and will effectively keep him from unlocking the bed due to the way its designed. :eng101:

Source: I own an avalanche that someone has done this to. Its really, really loving annoying and requires alot of reaching with a pair of needle nose pliars to open.

Elmnt80 fucked around with this message at 08:41 on Nov 30, 2014

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Got sick of the 3 job poo poo.

Already had a 2 weeks notice in at the worst one (Pizza Hut in Frisco, where I'm lucky to make $20-30 in a very busy shift). Still picking up hours at Pizza Hut in Allen (and should be full time there in 1-2 weeks). Walked out on Wal-Mart. The people I worked with were alright (except for one rear end in a top hat), but working in 3 cities and 2 counties (and passing through a couple of other cities to get between jobs) was killing me. I was averaging 2-3 hours a night of sleep, and kept falling asleep at work and in the car. I made the mistake of taking a nap in my car during my lunch hour a couple of weeks ago.. and slept 2 1/2 hours. Slept through 5 alarm clocks (2 on the watch, which vibrates, and 3 on my phone). For some odd reason, they weren't very happy.

I have no issue working 80 hours at a single job, but when it's split up between 3 places.. fuuuuuuuuuuuuck that poo poo.

At the Frisco Pizza Hut, the GM didn't finish next week's schedule before going on vacation (the franchise owner told me a few days ago nobody is allowed to take vacations during the holidays). Roughly half the staff has no hours, a huge chunk is scheduled WAY outside of their availability, and nobody is authorized to make changes except the area manager (who is.. also on vacation). Looks like I have a vacation; by company policy, the schedule is to be posted by Friday, so if I want to be mega rear end in a top hat I can just say "sorry, the schedule wasn't up by Friday, and when I pulled it up on the computer on Saturday, my name wasn't even on it - I assumed that meant <GM> moved my 2 week notice by a week". I might not be that much of an rear end in a top hat (I did take photos of the schedule), but that just depends on my mood. The dude fucks up every schedule he's ever written. (Actually I will be that much of an rear end in a top hat, he left without finishing his own work, and I have photos of the schedule showing nearly half of the names on the schedule with zero hours).

I have a full tank of gas. I have decent DSLR. It's a beautiful warm weekend, I think I might drive to Arkansas or Oklahoma. Probably Arkansas; T1g4h, up for some beers?

Ozmiander posted:

Except you're being dumb about it because it's not radically different except for being faster.

I've actually found stock 5.0 to be quite a bit slower than what I had before - but before stock 5.0, I had SlimKat 4.4.4. This is on the N5. Slimkat FLEW on it. I will say 5.0 has much improved battery life so far though.

I'm waiting for at least a beta release of SlimRom based on 5.0. I tried an alpha, but it got stuck in a boot loop half the time. When it would actually boot, it was constant crashes.

Viggen posted:

My Nexus 4 won't gently caress off about the 5.0 update. How can I block that? Hosts file over USB or something? It is perfectly functional at 4.4.2 and can live with that for the next decadeweek until I break it. Goddamn that constant bleep after notified/ignored is annoy... oh HI!

Install a 3rd party ROM. That generally breaks the OTA update poo poo. SlimKat has a stable 4.4.4 that works fantastic, and is significantly faster than stock 4.4.4. I used to love CyanogenMod, but they forked from standard AOSP awhile back, which means most kernels don't work.

CharlesM posted:

Grr as soon as I got on the freeway leaving Discount Tire I noticed a wheel was out of balance but now they're closed and closed tomorrow too. :argh: How bad is it if I drive it that way?

Bit of extra wear on the shock/spring on that corner, and it'll handle like poo poo on the highway. Try to get there as early as possible on Monday; the ones here are ghost towns before about 1pm.

They're extremely customer service oriented, if you bitch nicely you might get something like a refund on one or two of the road hazard certificates (if these are new tires + you purchased certs) if you mention how uncomfortable it was to drive to/from work. They'll usually do something to try and make you happy as long as you're nice about it.

kastein posted:

Yeah, most of the ones that can fall in two categories. Old weird transmissions that have a second fluid pump on the output shaft (iirc) and hydraulically shifted manual transmissions. I wouldn't be overly surprised to hear that a honda manumatic can be push started for instance, even though I am pretty sure they can't.

I found out the hard way that I can't push start my car, despite the manual transmission. I mean, it'll start, and it'll run for about 5 seconds. Then the security light starts flashing, and it kills fuel (the security light stops flashing once the car comes to a stop, but it won't start even with the key unless you shut it off completely). That's when you coast to a stop in gear and hope the alternator charged the battery enough to actually turn the engine over, turn it off and on, and try to start it.

That's ALWAYS fun when you're at the top of a hill and get coasting to a decent speed and pop it into 4th or 5th, and it runs fine for 5 seconds, then suddenly your electric power steering disappears and your dash lights up like a Christmas tree, and you get to fight both the wheels and power steering electric motor to get it onto the shoulder.

I also need a new battery pretty soon (just leaving the radio on for 30 minutes means I need a jump), but seeing as my hours have been cut to poo poo (I'm not even on next week's schedule, despite my last day being next Sunday - and had 15 hours this week - GM went out of town without finishing the schedule too, joy!), I'm kinda broke.

OFFICER 13 INCH posted:

You have more of a Texas accent than I do.

You're from California. I'm from Texas. I don't eve:psypop:

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 11:16 on Nov 30, 2014

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
13: Nice pad. Looks like you've got poo poo locked down pretty tight for the time being.

Also, any chance the car you saw was a '70-'71 Torino? I think they look kind of similar, but the windows still aren't right. The angle's not quite the same, but the car does look pretty similar.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

some texas redneck posted:

They're extremely customer service oriented, if you bitch nicely you might get something like a refund on one or two of the road hazard certificates (if these are new tires + you purchased certs) if you mention how uncomfortable it was to drive to/from work. They'll usually do something to try and make you happy as long as you're nice about it.
:

Yeah I never had a problem with them before and I know they were crazy busy because it snowed a little and everyone is swapping their tires. I don't want to be a hardass but it is what it is. If I can manage to wake up sometime reasonable 13" might be able to help me out.

edit: Interstellar was awesome and I really want the soundtrack but apparently there isn't a complete edition yet?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
A former coworker, customer and friend died this morning. I have no details yet but I know he was miserable and I'm terrified that he might have ODed on purpose.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Rhyno posted:

A former coworker, customer and friend died this morning. I have no details yet but I know he was miserable and I'm terrified that he might have ODed on purpose.

Damnit. :(

Haven't seen this in pages...

iForge
Oct 28, 2010

Apple's new "iBlacksmith Suite: Professional Edition" features the iForge, iAnvil, and the iHammer.
For anyone who hasn't seen it yet, this is a thread that originated in CC but is being passed around forum to forum to shame the poster.

He makes Thought Amplification Rods (magic wands) for all your witchcraft and warlock needs. :v:

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

What this sausage party needs is a big dollop of ketchup! Too bad I didn't make any. :(

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

13 inch gasket.

thegasman2000
Feb 12, 2005
Update my TFLC log? BOLLOCKS!
/
:backtowork:

WTF did I just read....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Well drat now I'm tempted to order one of those to toss in with the other crap for my AI Secret Santa recipient. Thanks a lot.

• Locked thread