Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Does this sound like something worth doing?
This poll is closed.
Yes 53 94.64%
No 3 5.36%
Total: 56 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
USMC503
Jan 15, 2012

For satisfactory performance while under the effects of hostile enemy alcohol.

invision posted:

Hey dude, you know im in PDX. I think I pm'd you my number a while back, use it if you need it. Or if you just want to get some beers or whatever.

Oh yeah. I forgot about that. Might take you up on it when I get back up there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HClChicken
Aug 15, 2005

Highly trained by the US military at expedient semen processing.
I think I got kicked from the hangout or it stopped working. Not really sure though.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Uh, maybe the hangout changed again. If someone would be so kind:

e: thanks

Naked Bear fucked around with this message at 08:13 on Feb 18, 2015

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Yeah, pretty sure I'm also not in whatever the current version of the hangout is...

e: thanks

UP THE BUM NO BABY fucked around with this message at 16:57 on Feb 18, 2015

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Added you guys you can edit out your emails now. Hekk remade it because the convo history was slowing it down or something but that was a while ago (month or two?)

But yeah come hang the channel is usually popping. Every now and again someone vents and about half the users are going through a divorce

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

Added you guys you can edit out your emails now. Hekk remade it because the convo history was slowing it down or something but that was a while ago (month or two?)

But yeah come hang the channel is usually popping. Every now and again someone vents and about half the users are going through a divorce

Yeeeeeep

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001
Don't get married, idiots.

Real talk.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?
How do I get into the hangout? I'm not doing so well right now.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

-edit got it

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?
Sent

USMC503
Jan 15, 2012

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH posted:

Don't get married, idiots.

Real talk.

In fairness, even with the current pain, I wouldn't have traded it for anything. Hell, there is a reason I want her back so bad.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
I'm having an issue. I'm very self-aware when it comes to my drug habit. I love smoking weed and I still smoke weed. Anything beyond that I avoid.

I was addicted to pills before I joined the army. Severely addicted. I had to go through some pretty lovely withdrawals in the couple of months before joining because I cut it out cold turkey and had some people holding me accountable and watching out for me. I haven't abused prescription drugs since.

Part of the way I have avoided abusing prescription drugs is because I have been completely transparent with every doctor I have had since regarding my addiction problems. I always tell them to not give me something that will make me feel high since I really, really, REALLY loving enjoy being high. I loving love it. I love it so much that I used to spend my money on pills rather than gas to get myself to work. I would shuck all responsibilities because holy gently caress, being high loving owns bones. It owns harder than anything you could ever ask me to do.

I was loving HOOKED. That's just who I am. I am well aware of this. It is a problem that I have managed to fix by way of complete avoidance.

Went to my new psych doc here for the first time today. He was asking about my medication history and I told him the reason why he doesn't see very many drugs that have mind altering effects. Anti-depressants are background drugs and don't make you feel 'high' (at least the ones I have taken), so these aren't an issue. Neither are things like Tylenol, even the 800mg variety that they give out like skittles in the military. Anytime someone has tried to prescribe me Ambien (the most prevalent one that has been suggested since I have issues sleeping), and I have turned them down 99% of the time because Ambien gets me high as poo poo and it's awesome.

The doctor told me he commended my honesty. And then he prescribed me Klonopin because he "would like to experiment with this" (no loving poo poo, that is a direct quote). Yeah bro, let's experiment with drug addiction.

So here is the issue at hand, and I guess I'm looking for ideas. I have Klonopin in the mail on the way here. I understand for drugs like that, you have to sign for it. However, it is coming with my anti-depressant, so I don't know if I need to sign for one to get the other.

The problem is I am already looking forward to having them, and this is a serious loving problem. I have told my roommates the issue at hand, and they have agreed to keep an eye out and flush them down the toilet if they notice me abusing them in any way. I have a counselor that I see at school that I have also asked to hold me accountable.

I guess I'm just venting my worry, and I don't really know what ideas you guys can come up with that I haven't thought of already.

I'm just loving pissed and flabbergasted that I basically told my doc that I am an alcoholic and he asked me to take a shot with him.

E: And I have a piece of paper where he wrote his dose suggestions. He wants me to work my way up to four loving pills at one goddamn time and then tell him what *I* think is the optimal dosage. It's like the dude is trying to get me addicted again.

Cole fucked around with this message at 04:32 on Mar 11, 2015

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
:stare:

Well, if you go along with it, swing by the hangout if you need anything.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

Cole posted:

gently caress the VA

What in the ever loving gently caress

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Ogrel72 posted:

What in the ever loving gently caress

seriously.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

I call a lot of things retarded, but your doctor is literally retarded. Get a new doctor, don't gently caress with benzos especially if you're drinking again.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Is Shim still probated because god drat that post needs a serious shim response to it

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
Just an update: I'm currently looking, and have found a few options, for non-VA providers that will accept tricare and I'm looking to switch to those. I might have a small co-pay but it'll be worth it to get away from the clusterfuck I've been dealing with since I've been out.

Are there any downfalls to this?

invision
Mar 2, 2009

I DIDN'T GET ENOUGH RAPE LAST TIME, MAY I HAVE SOME MORE?

Holy jesus christ. Dude's trying to get you loving killed. You should seriously consider reporting that dude, because hearing "I have an issue with drugs" and then going "lol here's klonopin lmk ;) ) is dangerous and retarded. Who knows how many other dudes hes pushed poo poo on that aren't as self-aware as you are. I hope you get it figured out man.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

invision posted:

Holy jesus christ. Dude's trying to get you loving killed. You should seriously consider reporting that dude, because hearing "I have an issue with drugs" and then going "lol here's klonopin lmk ;) ) is dangerous and retarded. Who knows how many other dudes hes pushed poo poo on that aren't as self-aware as you are. I hope you get it figured out man.

Reporting people at the VA never works. I had an issue with a dude at the VA who was the goddamned patient advocate. What do you do when it's the patient advocate who literally ignores calls and emails?

(you email him telling him why he's a terrible human being and cc his boss and everybody in his office, that's what)

nothing happened

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

Is Shim still probated because god drat that post needs a serious shim response to it

Sure, I'll take a crack at this.

Klonopin is the only reason you people hear from me. I'm like Cole, a degenerate addict with poo poo like opiates and weed and booze if you put it in front of me- so pills scare the gently caress out of me.

But Buspar, Zoloft, and weed weren't cutting it. Oh, and I get seizures, like real ones, but a lot of anti seizure meds cause me Mania. So Benzo's are pretty much indicated explicitly for me at this point.

You got a few TBI's right? That sorta makes a big difference if so.

I got a loving long realtalk post for this, but I need a real keyboard or this shits never getting typed out. Lemme charge this Bluetooth keyboard and I'll edit this.

Short version - Cole be careful, but your a big boy now- I got faith your not going to chuck those green Teva's down like PEZ when you see the benefits they can give you if you properly use them and keep yourself in check. If you do need help get it immediately, and have your roomies keep you accountable.

Easier said than done, right? Dunno. Spongebob won't touch Unkle Klonopin because he has had a bad time with it. everyone is different, I function because of it, at doses that frankly scare me as I know there's no expeditious way down the benzo tolerance / dependency mountain. Safely getting down to 0mg of klonopin from a long term daily dosing of 3.0mg of Klonopin takes time. Go too fast and there will be seizures with or without preexisting history of seizures. Even faster and it might kill you under the worst circumstances. Benzo's are no joke, your right to be cautious, they're also very effective if you are able to use them properly for your needs without tons of abuse.

I used to think it was walking a razors edge, I now have turned it more into a sketchy rope bridge. Getting to the golden gate state on the trail. I'll explain once the KB recharges. gently caress tap typing.

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Mar 26, 2015

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
having a bad nght. i took 5 ambien pills

thinking about downing the rest of the ambien pills i have; 16 ambiens left abdi i think i;nm gibba take en all

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?

Sugartime Jones

Cole posted:

thinking about downing the rest of the ambien pills i have; 16 ambiens left abdi i think i;nm gibba take en all

What the gently caress Cole

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Talking to him in hangouts

Ya'll get in here

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 05:50 on Mar 28, 2015

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001

Cole posted:

Your gonna have a long nap, a hangover, and your piss is gonna reek, but you'll be fine. Don't take the rest, I doubt it kills you alone, but I also doubt you stop at just the ambien after 5 are down the hatch.

Get your poo poo in one sock, Cole. You can't just pull out the kill yourself card or the "Get too high to feel" card because shits bad for you.

You desperately need coping skills and techniques beyond escape and avoidance.

I dunno what to say other than you need help, and the VA is a very unlikely place to get quality help. Bottles of Ambien are an even less likely place to get quality help.

Get better, Cole. It's worth it, and much more fun.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Is Cole okay?

USMC503
Jan 15, 2012

Through the grapevine, it sounds like he's up and around today. Someone is taking him out to the movies tonight.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

How's Cole today?

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

How's Cole today?

pissed & embarrassed that people keep asking if he's ok is the latest word from beria.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
I'm fine. Doing homework all day.

Had to be up early yesterday and couldn't sleep the night before. Took an ambien, it didn't help. Popped a second one to try to get to sleep but instead I just got high off it, which is where things went bad and I lost control of myself, got trapped in my thoughts, wanted to kill myself, and ended up taking 10 or so ambien total. Got home yesterday afternoon and flushed the rest of the ambien I had. I don't remember much (apparently I was in the hangout?) and I'm horribly embarrassed.

This is why I stay away from mind altering drugs like ambien, benzos, etc. They are like Pringles for me once I start feeling high.

Cole fucked around with this message at 16:37 on Mar 29, 2015

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

NoNostalgia4Grover posted:

pissed & embarrassed that people keep asking if he's ok is the latest word from beria.

I'm not pissed at anyone for asking, I'm just embarrassed.

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

Just glad you're doing better Cole.
Monty would have been totally lost with you gone.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
No need to be embarrassed, bro. We just care about you. :)

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

NoNostalgia4Grover posted:

Monty would have been totally lost with you gone.

one of the first things i thought about when i woke up yesterday was who would feed monty if no one knew i was laying in my room dead.

i just feel like i'm a weak baby back bitch and don't want to show my face to anyone. i'm 27 and i was acting like a 15 year old.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
I've been in this weird place lately where I've been having some suicidal thoughts and done some stupid poo poo because I've been depressed. However, I've been seeing Behavioral Health and talking to my therapist has been good for me. Tomorrow I should be getting a prescription to help with my lack of sleep and to not feel so down, which I am a little scared of, because I definitely don't want to be dependent on pills. Anyway, after my session today I went back to work and it became suuuuuuuuper uncomfortable because my therapist let my leadership know about my suicidal thoughts, which I understand, but goddamn if I don't want every motherfucker above me suddenly caring about me and making sure to tell me that they love me and poo poo. I'm not even sure of what I'm trying to say right now. I guess I just wanted to air my thoughts with all of you.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Wait, what? I don't know anything about you (where you, work, branch, etc) but at the most your CO and maybe one other brass should know as well as your most senior enlisted. Exactly for that reason. I mean unless it was work related somehow or something happened at work. But even if you're leaving work for an appointment no one should really know your business unless you're an active risk and even then not everyone.

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

Pesticide20 posted:

I've been in this weird place lately where I've been having some suicidal thoughts and done some stupid poo poo because I've been depressed. However, I've been seeing Behavioral Health and talking to my therapist has been good for me. Tomorrow I should be getting a prescription to help with my lack of sleep and to not feel so down, which I am a little scared of, because I definitely don't want to be dependent on pills. Anyway, after my session today I went back to work and it became suuuuuuuuper uncomfortable because my therapist let my leadership know about my suicidal thoughts, which I understand, but goddamn if I don't want every motherfucker above me suddenly caring about me and making sure to tell me that they love me and poo poo. I'm not even sure of what I'm trying to say right now. I guess I just wanted to air my thoughts with all of you.

hop in the hangout & vent about how uncomfortable you feel. pm me, n4dicks, n4ass, or usmc503 if you aren't already in.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
I'm in the hangout, I just don't ever really chat in it. If poo poo goes south I definitely will, but I feel slightly more comfortable with just venting here.

I guess I just kinda hate how all of a sudden everyone puts on the kiddy gloves and treats me as if I might slit my wrists in front of them if they say the wrong thing. I feel like my first sergeant was the only guy that really understood that, because when I talked with him it was a much less forced conversation.

Stanley Goodspeed
Dec 26, 2005
What, the feet thing?

Who do I PM or what do I post to get added to the hangout? Should I use a burner email or is getting doxxed by Shim actually kind of fun?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?

Sugartime Jones
Pm the following

n4dicks, n4ass, or usmc503 or NoNostalgia4Grover.

Burner email is fine.

• Locked thread