Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Does this sound like something worth doing?
This poll is closed.
Yes 53 94.64%
No 3 5.36%
Total: 56 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

got a face full of vag holding feet one time, the chick was hot so it was awesome

same

then one day the opposite happened

got me an extra 10% disability (PTSD)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Delizin
Nov 9, 2005

It may not be interracial, but it is black and white.
Quick update: I am still working on the GiP website. Got held up with a lot of poo poo last week so I didn't make as much progress. Gonna get a little bit of free food on today, then will be back to work.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.
OK man. For what it's worth everyone is pretty happy with the mobile/desktop compatibility of google hangouts. I hope you like writing apps for ios and android!

In all seriousness, neat.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Yeah google hangouts is actually going pretty good and tons of people in it now. No crisis yet but still nice to vent there etc

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Nov 12, 2014

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
I really need to figure out what my password is.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
have you tried cismale misogynist

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

Godholio posted:

I really need to figure out what my password is.

do what the lazy people did, and make a new google account.
i'm just waiting for shim and spongebob to join the hangouts chat before i bail out. those two are the most "at-risk" people in gip after genocide tendencies, and man, it would suck if they pulled a schneider.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

PM sent to zeris/christoff

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Cleared pms try again

justice4trayvawn
Oct 26, 2014
way too much milchat d-

cmdrpinky
Oct 1, 2003

someone with mike-o's number please call him and make sure that he is OK, please?

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

cmdrpinky posted:

someone with mike-o's number please call him and make sure that he is OK, please?

Something happen? He posted in the drunk thread about 90 minutes ago.

cmdrpinky
Oct 1, 2003

dude's ok, false alarm.

cmdrpinky fucked around with this message at 19:13 on Nov 14, 2014

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

damnit.
just checked the hangouts thread.

we need to start getting google voice #'s attached.

e: it's cool. mike-o is online, talking with us.

quantumfoam fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Nov 14, 2014

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I don't believe in anything, I'm just here for the violence.
I'm cross posting this from the Vet thread because I think it kind of fits here as well. If you guys feel it's making GBS threads up this thread I will remove it:

I've had an idea kicking around in my head for awhile to start a charity/nonprofit for veterans with PTSD and other emotional issues that facilitates them writing. Writing Therapy has been around for a long time, and has been shown to help in some cases or at the very least help support other treatments. Basically the organization would collect all of the stories (fiction, non-fiction, scifi, fantasy, romance, whatever), collect them in an anthology, and get it published. The big problem is that I know nothing about the publishing industry.

However, what I do have are contacts in the Comic Book industry (Big 3 industry, not a local press). What is your opinion of doing basically the same thing, only now we would connect vets with comic artists (or writers with vet artists I guess) to tell their stories in a more visual form, and then publish them in a digital anthology? I'm not sure if comics have ever been used in writing therapy before, but I certainly don't think it could hurt.

Would something like that interest any of you, or someone you know?

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
I nominate shim

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
But yeah I'm down I'll even contribute

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001

tuluk posted:

do what the lazy people did, and make a new google account.
i'm just waiting for shim and spongebob to join the hangouts chat before i bail out. those two are the most "at-risk" people in gip after genocide tendencies, and man, it would suck if they pulled a schneider.

I wouldn't worry about sponge I see him all the time. He's not gonna Sadpanda out on us. We're both actually perfectly normal and happy stable dudes living alright lives. :)

Thanks for caring though, blows my mind that anyone would give a poo poo if I lived or died, because I still laugh out loud IRL about Cuntmuffins dead grandma. :lol:

And I stopped actually being truly crazy long ago and it's been a long con troll for me ever since.

Though when I was going through the divorce I did appreciate the goons who hung out or smoked out with me.

I actually live somewhere pretty nice as does Spongebob, very close by, and we both have women living with us to keep us from going completely feral.

So we're at very very low risk of suicide or self harm believe it or not, there's fellow vet dudes we both check up on periodically to make sure they're ok, ironically. :)

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
just wanted to say thanks for listening to my dumb poo poo, guys. sorry to scare anyone i was just having a really bad time :(

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
PSA: This is the new official get help thread.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
Get the hangout though. Enough people are there that there's almost ALWAYS someone there to talk to.

I'm way more comfortable spilling my guts there than I am on SA after what happened with all our info.

Busket Posket
Feb 5, 2010

✨ⓡⓐⓨⓜⓞⓝⓓ✨
I'm not in the Kool Kids Klub so I'll miss you all on the new theoretical site :(

ManMythLegend posted:

I'm cross posting this from the Vet thread because I think it kind of fits here as well. If you guys feel it's making GBS threads up this thread I will remove it:

I've had an idea kicking around in my head for awhile to start a charity/nonprofit for veterans with PTSD and other emotional issues that facilitates them writing. Writing Therapy has been around for a long time, and has been shown to help in some cases or at the very least help support other treatments. Basically the organization would collect all of the stories (fiction, non-fiction, scifi, fantasy, romance, whatever), collect them in an anthology, and get it published. The big problem is that I know nothing about the publishing industry.

However, what I do have are contacts in the Comic Book industry (Big 3 industry, not a local press). What is your opinion of doing basically the same thing, only now we would connect vets with comic artists (or writers with vet artists I guess) to tell their stories in a more visual form, and then publish them in a digital anthology? I'm not sure if comics have ever been used in writing therapy before, but I certainly don't think it could hurt.

Would something like that interest any of you, or someone you know?

Most group therapy options offer a journaling/story-writing component, and StoryCorps does animated recreations of vet stories. Some vets would gain from seeing their story illustrated by a legit artist, as it can aid in dissociating the emotional component once it's abstracted into someone else's art. Some vets would gain from putting that kinesthetic component of drawing into their recollection and having control over how it's portrayed.

Speaking from experience in watching misguided nonprofits, if you want to make it a viable nonprofit with therapeutic potential, make sure to balance contribution between storytellers and artists and get an experienced therapist involved. If you just want a cool anthology of war story comics to share and not get into the psychology, fund it privately or Kickstart it.

Delizin
Nov 9, 2005

It may not be interracial, but it is black and white.
Just wanted to throw out an update on the GiP site. It hasn't been abandoned or forgetten, but development slowed down a bit since there isn't an urgency with Google Hangouts working out well. I just finished closing on a house and have been very busy and without internet. I will be busy for about another week or two then will be able to get back to finish up the site.

If I'm not moving fast enough for you guys, if there is a django programmer that wants to start plugging away at this stuff let me know and I'll hook you up with the git, otherwise I'll keep you guys posted.

MaxPowers
Dec 29, 2004

Mike-o posted:

just wanted to say thanks for listening to my dumb poo poo, guys. sorry to scare anyone i was just having a really bad time :(

Stop dodging me on steam and loving play insurgency with me you rear end hat

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
you always message me late at night when i'm already asleep, left my computer on. if i see you on i'll play some with ya. pm me or say something in the games thread or something next time.

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

Anyone on that can invite me to the google hangout?

invited-thanks

nwin fucked around with this message at 05:12 on Dec 7, 2014

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

More people need to join. There's only 2 or 3 of us on most days.

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

Godholio posted:

Yeah, I'm not even sure how a hangout works. It was more to just get some poo poo off my chest. Nothing important/suicidal or anything. Just more advice/venting that I didn't want to post here.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

I prefer to hang out on the Something Awful Forums.

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

Godholio posted:

browsing the hangout history on a smartphone sucks so i only check it when i remember it or when someone sends out a emergency meltdown alert.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
Hey assholes, Cole here. Every holiday season is rough for me. It all culminated here in 2012 when I decided I was going to kill myself.

You guys talk a lot of poo poo but I know you have my back when push comes to shove and you guys have no idea how much I appreciate what feels like a safety net that gip provides. I've talked poo poo to you guys, I've cussed out a gay guy and I think you guys brought out the inner racist and anarchist in me. But like I said you guys are there when it counts.

Any who my point is my life last night took a turn for the best. Last night at 7:14pm (1914 is a year, not a time you loving losers) I got a voicemail notifying me that I got accepted to Eastern Mennonite University, a small private college in Virginia. Beria is there and he has been telling me how great it is. I'll tell him you all called him a human being because I don't see him post here anymore.

That's a big deal because my GPA in high school had a zero in front of it and I got my GED and have done nothing for education since except drop out of community college. I wrote them an essay and literally said my high school transcripts wouldn't get me admitted into a preschool.

That feeling I got can only be matched by the feeling I had 1) when I found out my fly out date from Afghanistan and 2) when I finally got my med board ratings after 15 months of going stir crazy.

I don't think I'll need this thread this winter. And that loving owns.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Cole posted:

Hey assholes, Cole here. Every holiday season is rough for me. It all culminated here in 2012 when I decided I was going to kill myself.

You guys talk a lot of poo poo but I know you have my back when push comes to shove and you guys have no idea how much I appreciate what feels like a safety net that gip provides. I've talked poo poo to you guys, I've cussed out a gay guy and I think you guys brought out the inner racist and anarchist in me. But like I said you guys are there when it counts.

Any who my point is my life last night took a turn for the best. Last night at 7:14pm (1914 is a year, not a time you loving losers) I got a voicemail notifying me that I got accepted to Eastern Mennonite University, a small private college in Virginia. Beria is there and he has been telling me how great it is. I'll tell him you all called him a human being because I don't see him post here anymore.

That's a big deal because my GPA in high school had a zero in front of it and I got my GED and have done nothing for education since except drop out of community college. I wrote them an essay and literally said my high school transcripts wouldn't get me admitted into a preschool.

That feeling I got can only be matched by the feeling I had 1) when I found out my fly out date from Afghanistan and 2) when I finally got my med board ratings after 15 months of going stir crazy.

Hell yeah, man. I'm happy for you.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

Cole posted:

:hfive:

GiP success story in the making, folks!

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

We still getting Dogge pics in the hangout?

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Yup. And a video today.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
Really what else am I good for

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Cole, I said congrats in the hangouts, but it deserves it again.
Congradulations, human being. Try not to become a super liberal dick suck. (Or do- I'm lonely with low standards) But seriously, awesome man. I am glad poo poo is going right for you. Plus, I want to pet your dog.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
Congrats Cole!

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
Good job buddy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd
There's a book on PTSD coming out next month that may be of interest to the thread. Jim Gourley reviewed it over at Tom Ricks's place.

• Locked thread