Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Does this sound like something worth doing?
This poll is closed.
Yes 53 94.64%
No 3 5.36%
Total: 56 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
ActusRhesus
Sep 18, 2007

"Perhaps the fact the defendant had to be dragged out of the courtroom while declaring 'Death to you all, a Jihad on the court' may have had something to do with the revocation of his bond. That or calling the judge a bald-headed cock-sucker. Either way."

tiara.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ActusRhesus
Sep 18, 2007

"Perhaps the fact the defendant had to be dragged out of the courtroom while declaring 'Death to you all, a Jihad on the court' may have had something to do with the revocation of his bond. That or calling the judge a bald-headed cock-sucker. Either way."
I'd like to join this hangout thing.

solitude blows.

ActusRhesus
Sep 18, 2007

Dose of perspective here...

you are calling yourself worthless...because you aren't a loving RANGER.

This country has been at war for over 10 years now, and less than 1% of it's citizens will serve. Your worst soldier has already done more than most kids his age ever will. The myth of the mouth breathing retard soldier is just that...a myth. Sure, we've got some morons, but contrary to what some would have us all believe, the average SAT score of the military enlistee is actually higher that the population at large. Add the college bound officers into the math, and the average military SAT is WAY higher. You're calling yourself worthless for not (yet) being a member of the elite minority of a population that is already above average. It's like a college baseball player saying he sucks, because he hasn't gone pro, and forgetting about all the spazzes in little league who spent the whole game in the outfield looking at bugs. I worked as a JAG in NSW towards the end of my career and I'd feel the same way re: physical fitness...I was actually pretty fit, but I was not SEAL/SWCC fit. So after group PT I'd feel fat, I'd get depressed, I'd stop exercising, I'd fall further behind. then I went to a waterpark. Hambeasts as far as the eye could see, wearing 2 pieces no less. Suddenly I realized, I was not, in fact, fat...I was just comparing myself to people who were exceptional. Doesn't mean you can't still strive to be one of them...but you aren't a failure if you don't make it. Sounds like for you it's not body image so much as it is achievement...again, you're already above average. But you're also surrounded by above average, so it's easy to forget that. You need to find the intellectual/achievement version of the waterpark to ground yourself. WalMart at 1 am? County courthouse on family law docket day? Facebook page for some poo poo reality TV show? Debate and Discussion .

However, depression is irrational. Try to keep perspective, talk when you need to.

Also, shin splints are not a disqualifier. Get a good physical therapist, and train through the pain. If it helps, a woman I played rugby with had awful shin splints, she would fill her washing machine with ice water, grab a book, and sit on the dryer, soaking her legs...the washer was the perfect height to get her whole shin in without having to deal with shifting ice bags, and then she'd just run a load of cold laundry. Yay no wasted water!

ActusRhesus
Sep 18, 2007

MFLACs are great if you've got one.

ActusRhesus
Sep 18, 2007

Bogard posted:

Got fired today, pushed up to staff. I don't give a gently caress anymore. Everything's over.

hit me up if you need to talk

ActusRhesus
Sep 18, 2007

Obama Africanus posted:

This is implied consent, at least for us enlisted fyi. My barracks lawyer buddy taught me that.

and by talk I mean you do not have permission to penetrate anything.

Consent revoked.

besides...in the military these days you need an explicit written waiver.

seriously though, here's my free legal advice: To avoid facing a rape allegation, just cuddle afterwards, and call her a few times after the fact...then make up some bullshit about your sick grandma or dog or something and it's just not a good time and you're so sorry you can't see her anymore blah blah blah.

Also make sure "I'm sorry is explicit" because odds are NCIS is eavesdropping and will interpret "I'm sorry" as "I'm sorry I raped you" and it will be written up in their ROI as a confession.

ActusRhesus fucked around with this message at 14:34 on Jan 11, 2015

ActusRhesus
Sep 18, 2007

Obama Africanus posted:

I never used a rubber, ill just Russian roulette the consent controversy until they make a better CBT to calm my more basic enlisted instincts.

I live dangerously.

yeah, the new push for consent at every stage certainly seems to take the magic out of it.

"I am now going to insert my penis into your vagina. That cool?

"I am now going to rotate my hips, thus resulting in my penis engaging in a thrusting motion inside your vagina. Still cool?"

"Now I am going to blow my load. Do I have your consent?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ActusRhesus
Sep 18, 2007

Obama Africanus posted:

You think NCIS is bad. LOL LOL LOL. I worked once where we had CID, NCIS, and AFOSI as a nice buddy fucker opsec squad to find out who was telling the Tampa Tribune and WP every time fort Bragg was less beardy and the hot midwives are back I the base gyms.

It was from the veeps CoS.. and not Biden. :ssh: But those days are long over, now 5 dudes already got books claiming they took out OBL. Christ, quiet professionals just never took hold as an ethos in SEALWorld. :rolleyes:

heh..yeah...you should see the new [Navy Unit that Doesn't Exist Except for the fact it's all over Wikipedia gently caress you Dick Marcinko] commander's coin. The slogan is pretty much "No seriously, guys, shut the gently caress up." Something about the deed being worth more than the glory, but I read it and was like "Boss says shut the gently caress up. Got it."

• Locked thread