Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Does this sound like something worth doing?
This poll is closed.
Yes 53 94.64%
No 3 5.36%
Total: 56 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
invision
Mar 2, 2009

I DIDN'T GET ENOUGH RAPE LAST TIME, MAY I HAVE SOME MORE?
Hey, if ya'll could stop loving killing yourselves that would be awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

invision
Mar 2, 2009

Nostalgia4Ass posted:

Am I missing something here?

Army/Afghanistan vet/contractor/forums user Pudgy Giant/my ex-roommate killed himself either Sunday or Monday.

invision
Mar 2, 2009

Godholio posted:

Goddamnit. Did he post in here? I don't recognize the name.

I think he used to a while back.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=52607

Real talk though, dude got back from a contracting gig in the stan where he got let go the same day his fiancee dumped him. He moved up to Portland and moved in with a few days after he got back stateside, and was cool for about a week. He started getting blackout angry drunk and just generally "not in a good place". I asked him a few times to go talk to someone and he always said he would but never did. It eventually got to the point to where I couldn't stand being around him, so he decided to move out ~2 months ago. His job called me on Tuesday since I was his emergency contact. I don't know the details at all, but I talked to his work again today and they told me. He had no one else here in Portland. Like, no one. Just me. And I had completely stopped talking to him. I feel like I kind of hosed up by not forcing him to get help, or calling his mom or something. Like, I knew he needed help, but I never thought he'd kill himself.

I now have the pleasure of going with his mother whenever she flies in to clean out his apartment and try to sell his truck.

gently caress suicide. Talk to someone. Don't act like a dickhead and try to hold it in until you can't handle it anymore. If he would've just loving asked or talked to me about whatever he was dealing with I could have made something happen. Now he has a sister, brother, grandparents, and mother that have to deal with this. People that legitimately loved the hell out of him.

I guess at least he finally gets to go home, he hated Portland.

invision
Mar 2, 2009

Welp, just helped a mother clean and pack her dead sons apartment into her dead sons truck so she could drive it back to Florida.

A pretty miserable experience, 0/10, don't ever want to do again.

Dudes, please, if you're feeling down or like you can't cope with poo poo, reach out to someone. Ben and I ended our friendship/roommate-relationship on kind of a bad note, but if dude would've texted or called and said something I would have been there in a second.
His dad also committed suicide ~5 years ago. How his mother can even begin to keep it together, I don't know. Please please please talk to someone ya'll.

invision
Mar 2, 2009

USMC503 posted:

My life is poo poo and I hate it. Bros why do wives want to divorce you when you love them?

It's the worst, most painful feeling you can imagine. I hate feeling right now.

Hey dude, you know im in PDX. I think I pm'd you my number a while back, use it if you need it. Or if you just want to get some beers or whatever.

invision
Mar 2, 2009

Holy jesus christ. Dude's trying to get you loving killed. You should seriously consider reporting that dude, because hearing "I have an issue with drugs" and then going "lol here's klonopin lmk ;) ) is dangerous and retarded. Who knows how many other dudes hes pushed poo poo on that aren't as self-aware as you are. I hope you get it figured out man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

invision
Mar 2, 2009

Trazadone gave me the worst goddamn nightmares ever.

• Locked thread