Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Does this sound like something worth doing?
This poll is closed.
Yes 53 94.64%
No 3 5.36%
Total: 56 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
I will absolutely throw in some money for this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Mike-O just added me. Thanks all. I probably won't be contributing too much right away, but every now and then I get depressed as poo poo and I like having the option of more people to talk to.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Yeah, pretty sure I'm also not in whatever the current version of the hangout is...

e: thanks

UP THE BUM NO BABY fucked around with this message at 16:57 on Feb 18, 2015

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
I've been in this weird place lately where I've been having some suicidal thoughts and done some stupid poo poo because I've been depressed. However, I've been seeing Behavioral Health and talking to my therapist has been good for me. Tomorrow I should be getting a prescription to help with my lack of sleep and to not feel so down, which I am a little scared of, because I definitely don't want to be dependent on pills. Anyway, after my session today I went back to work and it became suuuuuuuuper uncomfortable because my therapist let my leadership know about my suicidal thoughts, which I understand, but goddamn if I don't want every motherfucker above me suddenly caring about me and making sure to tell me that they love me and poo poo. I'm not even sure of what I'm trying to say right now. I guess I just wanted to air my thoughts with all of you.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
I'm in the hangout, I just don't ever really chat in it. If poo poo goes south I definitely will, but I feel slightly more comfortable with just venting here.

I guess I just kinda hate how all of a sudden everyone puts on the kiddy gloves and treats me as if I might slit my wrists in front of them if they say the wrong thing. I feel like my first sergeant was the only guy that really understood that, because when I talked with him it was a much less forced conversation.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
So today I was prescribed prozac, trazodone, and ambien. The prozac is for my depression and suicidal thoughts, which I will be combining with trying to change my life up so that I can have more positives in it. I'm not entirely sure what, but I think that I'll try to start exploring the East Coast a bit more, but on the cheap. Any suggestions for places to go that are at least a few hours away from Bragg that would make for a nice weekend trip? The trazodone and prozac are to help with my sleep issues. I'll be taking the trazodone regularly and using the ambien only on occasions when I seriously can't sleep, which is about once or twice a week.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Icon Of Sin posted:

From Bragg, Wilmington and Raleigh are ~2 hours in different directions. I live in Wilmington, there's a massive street fest coming up in about 2 weeks. More info:

http://www.ncazaleafestival.org/

Yes, it's a flower festival. It's also a street party downtown (where most of the bars are, among other things), alongside random music stages and fireworks at the end of it. There's plenty of scuba diving here too, if you're into that. If not, there are plenty of dive shops between here and there that you could go to to get certified. It's pretty much my favorite thing ever, and does a huge number on me for stress relief. Or hell, just come down to the beach on a weekend during the summer and bang tourists on vacation.

I have no problem with flower festivals. I grew up with this:

http://www.tulipfestival.org/

I think that I'll give it a look, it actually sounds like a bit of fun. As for the diving, my shoulder is extremely hosed so I doubt that I can do too much of that, although it's something I really want to get into, as I hear that the diving in the PNW is great.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Icon Of Sin posted:

I'll PM you the name of a local dive shop that could give you better info. It's run by a WWP alumni, and he has had former military members whose injuries ranged all the way up to full paralysis of their legs who he has taught how to dive. It's also the same shop where I've done almost all of my dive classes, and the owner is a buddy of mine so I'm a fair bit biased, so I'll send you the link and let you decide that one for yourself.

Sounds good.

And Cole, I fully intend to be careful. If anything crazy comes up I'll be sure to hop into the chat, as well as call somebody close by.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Yeah, when I was being prescribed trazadone I was told it could leave me feeling hungover. Definitely noticed the cotton mouth. As far as weird dreams, I haven't really noticed anything yet. Just the usual occasional dream of being back on a deployment and going out on patrol without any gear

• Locked thread