Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Does this sound like something worth doing?
This poll is closed.
Yes 53 94.64%
No 3 5.36%
Total: 56 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001
I'm in 100% to collaborate on this, I'll be back in this thread in a few hours to discuss further.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001
Tuluk, wanna help with making this thing both useful, and secure?

This thing almost 100% must have a handful of fully trusted agents, or absolute anonymity. One is hard to do right, the other has proved impossible when smarter folks have tried.

IRC is good, and I take your approach to security- but to get max participation and minimal sad brains dying we need to make this poo poo accessible while still somewhat secure, with a degree of anonymity while allowing for user to user authentication or at least make user re-connections easy despite a degree of anonymity.

Difficult. But doable, and worth doing.

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001
If people are willing to throw hosting and servers at this, we can do something good here. I'll match dollar to dollar any other Gippers donations to make this project succeed up to it cutting into my weed budget. Once it touches my bud budget I'm tapped out. Plus, you don't want my help dealing with people if I'm not skunked outta my mind in the first place.

We need to ensure we have a minimum level of support always there and available, even if it risks D&D or muds to abuse / harrass / attack the service.

For now IRC has that but that's Busch league for accessibility, visibility, and security. But it's obviously got to be part of the communication modes available, I'm just saying we can and should do better than just the QP thread and IRC.. And I'm in to help make it work.

More communication modalities and more communications means less suicides generally in my opinion. Which is worth poo poo here, but I'm willing to back my bullshit retard opinion with some of my time and Disney dollars.

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001

Reverand maynard posted:

while on the subject whats the GIP irc?

If you were cool enough for the Irc crew you'd know already ;) (it's in the synirc Chan directory)

But this brings up a separate point: We def 100% want to support a truly GiPper owned/controlled IRC servers/channels for counter suicide operations. We could benefit from having both accessible versions and secured channels for counter suicide operations.

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001
(#KoolKrew #Milgoons :ssh:)

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001

Delizin posted:

Used to be #milgoons, but MOTD there says it was moved to #koolkrew on Synirc.

Anyone got some photos they wouldn't mind sharing for the website? I am looking for stuff that is free/public use and acceptable for the general public to put on the front page to get across the message of helping vets.

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001
This isn't KoolKrew 2: Redacted Business Degree Bugaloo.

All are welcome.

Except the Bronies and E-9's, your suicides are anything but discouraged.

Not a loving shred of irony or humor in that, either.

REAL TALK

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001
Tuluk if you wanna get google hangouts started invite me in. There's some other hosted solutions we need to look at too, but we need somewhere to start and I'm happy to start this thing there until the more robust get help version 2.0.1 is ready.

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001

justice4trayvawn posted:

Start looking for a final solution please

Hey old friend how are u?

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001
Cole thinks this guy is programming the automatic voice lady from the VA 800 number lol. I bet in Coles mind this job looks like a mad scientist doing judo with a brite-lite.

Lol

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001

tuluk posted:

do what the lazy people did, and make a new google account.
i'm just waiting for shim and spongebob to join the hangouts chat before i bail out. those two are the most "at-risk" people in gip after genocide tendencies, and man, it would suck if they pulled a schneider.

I wouldn't worry about sponge I see him all the time. He's not gonna Sadpanda out on us. We're both actually perfectly normal and happy stable dudes living alright lives. :)

Thanks for caring though, blows my mind that anyone would give a poo poo if I lived or died, because I still laugh out loud IRL about Cuntmuffins dead grandma. :lol:

And I stopped actually being truly crazy long ago and it's been a long con troll for me ever since.

Though when I was going through the divorce I did appreciate the goons who hung out or smoked out with me.

I actually live somewhere pretty nice as does Spongebob, very close by, and we both have women living with us to keep us from going completely feral.

So we're at very very low risk of suicide or self harm believe it or not, there's fellow vet dudes we both check up on periodically to make sure they're ok, ironically. :)

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001
That's me in hangouts, FYI. gently caress your avs.

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001
How does one get to help at the vet suicide hotline? I think I could be good at talking with vets in distress. Surely they need bodies willing to fill those cubicles - and I'm willing to work for nada for this job at least.. anyone have a clear cut guide on becoming a VA suicide hotline team member?
Hey bogard. Join the hangout..

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001

ActusRhesus posted:

hit me up if you need to talk

This is implied consent, at least for the enlisteds, fyi. My barracks lawyer buddy taught me that.

And yes, rape jokes are a good way to break the tension. :colbert:

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH fucked around with this message at 14:32 on Jan 11, 2015

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001

ActusRhesus posted:

and by talk I mean you do not have permission to penetrate anything.

Consent revoked.

besides...in the military these days you need an explicit written waiver.

I never used a rubber, ill just Russian roulette the consent controversy until they make a better CBT to calm my more basic enlisted instincts.

I live dangerously.

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001
You think NCIS is bad. LOL LOL LOL. I worked once where we had CID, NCIS, and AFOSI as a nice buddy fucker opsec squad to find out who was telling the Tampa Tribune and WP every time fort Bragg was less beardy and the hot midwives are back I the base gyms.

It was from the veeps CoS.. and not Biden. :ssh: But those days are long over, now 5 dudes already got books claiming they took out OBL. Christ, quiet professionals just never took hold as an ethos in SEALWorld. :rolleyes:

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001

Bogard posted:

Internet is too slow/expensive here on base for voice chat. I'll have normal internet in a few weeks when I get back to the states. Many thanks to everyone who reached out to me.

Dude it's text chat. Less bandwidth than here. No excuses. :colbert:

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001
I'm on a kindle paperweight in the wilderness. Don't think that I can run Google anything with this e-ink display poo poo. Someone invite bogard.

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001
Avs are hilarious in e-ink btw

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001
Don't get married, idiots.

Real talk.

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

Is Shim still probated because god drat that post needs a serious shim response to it

Sure, I'll take a crack at this.

Klonopin is the only reason you people hear from me. I'm like Cole, a degenerate addict with poo poo like opiates and weed and booze if you put it in front of me- so pills scare the gently caress out of me.

But Buspar, Zoloft, and weed weren't cutting it. Oh, and I get seizures, like real ones, but a lot of anti seizure meds cause me Mania. So Benzo's are pretty much indicated explicitly for me at this point.

You got a few TBI's right? That sorta makes a big difference if so.

I got a loving long realtalk post for this, but I need a real keyboard or this shits never getting typed out. Lemme charge this Bluetooth keyboard and I'll edit this.

Short version - Cole be careful, but your a big boy now- I got faith your not going to chuck those green Teva's down like PEZ when you see the benefits they can give you if you properly use them and keep yourself in check. If you do need help get it immediately, and have your roomies keep you accountable.

Easier said than done, right? Dunno. Spongebob won't touch Unkle Klonopin because he has had a bad time with it. everyone is different, I function because of it, at doses that frankly scare me as I know there's no expeditious way down the benzo tolerance / dependency mountain. Safely getting down to 0mg of klonopin from a long term daily dosing of 3.0mg of Klonopin takes time. Go too fast and there will be seizures with or without preexisting history of seizures. Even faster and it might kill you under the worst circumstances. Benzo's are no joke, your right to be cautious, they're also very effective if you are able to use them properly for your needs without tons of abuse.

I used to think it was walking a razors edge, I now have turned it more into a sketchy rope bridge. Getting to the golden gate state on the trail. I'll explain once the KB recharges. gently caress tap typing.

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Mar 26, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001

Cole posted:

having a bad nght. i took 5 ambien pills

thinking about downing the rest of the ambien pills i have; 16 ambiens left abdi i think i;nm gibba take en all

Your gonna have a long nap, a hangover, and your piss is gonna reek, but you'll be fine. Don't take the rest, I doubt it kills you alone, but I also doubt you stop at just the ambien after 5 are down the hatch.

Get your poo poo in one sock, Cole. You can't just pull out the kill yourself card or the "Get too high to feel" card because shits bad for you.

You desperately need coping skills and techniques beyond escape and avoidance.

I dunno what to say other than you need help, and the VA is a very unlikely place to get quality help. Bottles of Ambien are an even less likely place to get quality help.

Get better, Cole. It's worth it, and much more fun.

• Locked thread