Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Does this sound like something worth doing?
This poll is closed.
Yes 53 94.64%
No 3 5.36%
Total: 56 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.
I think we better decide whether this is purely to link up and matchmake folks to chat offline however they like, or if it's going to house its own discussion so others can weigh in and offer advice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

I'll toss in $5/month for the fund; but I also think as long as we have a secure&anonymous way to link up, there doesn't need to be NSA proof encrypted 9304-bit secured transmissions or whatever. I mean, I would (for myself) just want to look up someone and dial his google voice number (for example) and connect to him. Or text, really. I'm not trying to poo poo on anyone's science project; all I have to contribute is a token dollar amount coming straight from my disability paycheck. Seems to me like all we really need is a way to find each other. Once two people agree to speak, they don't need private means beyond what already exists in daily life. Am I missing something?

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

McSpatula posted:

I'm all for supporting anonymoussinglechristiansoldiermahreenmeet.com as posting from a non-paywall protected forum has gotten a few of us in trouble in the past. Will this be an exclusive GIP resource or will it be open to the outside world as long as they're willing to be vetted as well?

My hatred of all things mission creep compel me to insist this remain a GIP thing

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Summation of my fears:

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

tuluk posted:

the reddit gip died extremely fast and won't be missed by anyone.

The reasons it died had very little to do with reddit

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

We're too dumb to survive outside of SA, and too vile to survive inside of it.

It's like some sort of metaphor for america's heroes (US Military Veterans)

Support the troops

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Its gonna be cool to make 'rate my dick' posts right? jw

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

There is a GChat / hangouts thread. We are using it. If you thought a new, off-site "get help" thing was a cool idea, now is the time to PM one of us with your gmail name. Fake or real, doesn't matter.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Just sent you a PM since Zeris is being sloooooow

I could taken time to log in and invite you, but then the alcohol I had wouldn't have been getting drank

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

you abandoned me for alcohol in my time of need

Living up to the truest spirit of the get help thread

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

got a face full of vag holding feet one time, the chick was hot so it was awesome

same

then one day the opposite happened

got me an extra 10% disability (PTSD)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

OK man. For what it's worth everyone is pretty happy with the mobile/desktop compatibility of google hangouts. I hope you like writing apps for ios and android!

In all seriousness, neat.

• Locked thread