Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Does this sound like something worth doing?
This poll is closed.
Yes 53 94.64%
No 3 5.36%
Total: 56 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
I already own web hosting. I'll start up a forum for us if you guys want. It'll just be a basic phpbb or simple machines forum. And I have no idea how to customize anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
Let's just move GiP off site completely. I don't really even post anywhere else but to troll anyway.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
Put in a question saying "are you thinking of enlisting with a degree?" And if they say yes they get redirected to a thread or hangout or whatever telling them why they shouldn't so that, in case this thing gets big, we won't be asked that question 500 times a year.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

tuluk posted:

Lawnmower Man with it's crappy CGI

would own if true

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

Mike-o posted:

Get in the hangout you fucks.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
I nominate shim

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
But yeah I'm down I'll even contribute

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
Get the hangout though. Enough people are there that there's almost ALWAYS someone there to talk to.

I'm way more comfortable spilling my guts there than I am on SA after what happened with all our info.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
Hey assholes, Cole here. Every holiday season is rough for me. It all culminated here in 2012 when I decided I was going to kill myself.

You guys talk a lot of poo poo but I know you have my back when push comes to shove and you guys have no idea how much I appreciate what feels like a safety net that gip provides. I've talked poo poo to you guys, I've cussed out a gay guy and I think you guys brought out the inner racist and anarchist in me. But like I said you guys are there when it counts.

Any who my point is my life last night took a turn for the best. Last night at 7:14pm (1914 is a year, not a time you loving losers) I got a voicemail notifying me that I got accepted to Eastern Mennonite University, a small private college in Virginia. Beria is there and he has been telling me how great it is. I'll tell him you all called him a human being because I don't see him post here anymore.

That's a big deal because my GPA in high school had a zero in front of it and I got my GED and have done nothing for education since except drop out of community college. I wrote them an essay and literally said my high school transcripts wouldn't get me admitted into a preschool.

That feeling I got can only be matched by the feeling I had 1) when I found out my fly out date from Afghanistan and 2) when I finally got my med board ratings after 15 months of going stir crazy.

I don't think I'll need this thread this winter. And that loving owns.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
Really what else am I good for

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
Thanks for the words. I think the biggest difference in my life from last week is that now I'm in the driver seat of my life. I finally feel like my successes and failures will be up to me. Its a loving liberating feeling.

Plus I'm getting away from Tampa. My family doesn't understand why i want to leave considering I just got home for good in April. I'm not sure how to explain it other than "its what I 100% believe is right for me to be successful and happy in life."

Where were these guilt trips at when I was leaving for five years to the army? It was all support then.

Oh well. My life finally feels 100% on my terms and its the best fuckin feeling.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
And all you dudes getting out, don't do what I did and have expectations that your life is going to be THE MOST AMAZING poo poo ON THE PLANET once you get out. Its only that way if you make it that way. I finally got fed up after seven months of getting angrier and angrier at the status quo, Beria had an idea and I did what I had to do.

Happiness isn't a right. You gotta go get it goons.

Write that on my headstone and make it DND's mouse over.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
At the end of the day you have to worry about yourself man. If you're in this type of mental shape its a requirement to get better. Stop worrying about other people for a little bit. I know, you're an LT and you gotta lead your troops and blah blah blah.

But if you're doing the bare minimum to lead, you're hurting them along with your own self.

My LT from Campbell blew his head off after his deployment. He should have gotten help. Would he have looked weak to his guys? Maybe. But, and this surprised even me since its a HOOAH HAVE HEART infantry battalion, people were legit pissed at him for not getting help.

Seriously, its better to be getting called a pussy for getting the help you deserve than it is to carry your pride around, because at that point its just sinful pride.

I am not saying this is your problem. Maybe you're not worried about pride, but the message still stands: if you're this bad, your first priority needs to be to help yourself so you can be the best leader possible to the soldiers you care about.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
I'm seven months sober and have never been happier about the prospects of my life.

I don't know if the two are related, but I don't think I would have got here if I was drinking.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
Sent

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
I'm having an issue. I'm very self-aware when it comes to my drug habit. I love smoking weed and I still smoke weed. Anything beyond that I avoid.

I was addicted to pills before I joined the army. Severely addicted. I had to go through some pretty lovely withdrawals in the couple of months before joining because I cut it out cold turkey and had some people holding me accountable and watching out for me. I haven't abused prescription drugs since.

Part of the way I have avoided abusing prescription drugs is because I have been completely transparent with every doctor I have had since regarding my addiction problems. I always tell them to not give me something that will make me feel high since I really, really, REALLY loving enjoy being high. I loving love it. I love it so much that I used to spend my money on pills rather than gas to get myself to work. I would shuck all responsibilities because holy gently caress, being high loving owns bones. It owns harder than anything you could ever ask me to do.

I was loving HOOKED. That's just who I am. I am well aware of this. It is a problem that I have managed to fix by way of complete avoidance.

Went to my new psych doc here for the first time today. He was asking about my medication history and I told him the reason why he doesn't see very many drugs that have mind altering effects. Anti-depressants are background drugs and don't make you feel 'high' (at least the ones I have taken), so these aren't an issue. Neither are things like Tylenol, even the 800mg variety that they give out like skittles in the military. Anytime someone has tried to prescribe me Ambien (the most prevalent one that has been suggested since I have issues sleeping), and I have turned them down 99% of the time because Ambien gets me high as poo poo and it's awesome.

The doctor told me he commended my honesty. And then he prescribed me Klonopin because he "would like to experiment with this" (no loving poo poo, that is a direct quote). Yeah bro, let's experiment with drug addiction.

So here is the issue at hand, and I guess I'm looking for ideas. I have Klonopin in the mail on the way here. I understand for drugs like that, you have to sign for it. However, it is coming with my anti-depressant, so I don't know if I need to sign for one to get the other.

The problem is I am already looking forward to having them, and this is a serious loving problem. I have told my roommates the issue at hand, and they have agreed to keep an eye out and flush them down the toilet if they notice me abusing them in any way. I have a counselor that I see at school that I have also asked to hold me accountable.

I guess I'm just venting my worry, and I don't really know what ideas you guys can come up with that I haven't thought of already.

I'm just loving pissed and flabbergasted that I basically told my doc that I am an alcoholic and he asked me to take a shot with him.

E: And I have a piece of paper where he wrote his dose suggestions. He wants me to work my way up to four loving pills at one goddamn time and then tell him what *I* think is the optimal dosage. It's like the dude is trying to get me addicted again.

Cole fucked around with this message at 04:32 on Mar 11, 2015

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
Just an update: I'm currently looking, and have found a few options, for non-VA providers that will accept tricare and I'm looking to switch to those. I might have a small co-pay but it'll be worth it to get away from the clusterfuck I've been dealing with since I've been out.

Are there any downfalls to this?

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
having a bad nght. i took 5 ambien pills

thinking about downing the rest of the ambien pills i have; 16 ambiens left abdi i think i;nm gibba take en all

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
I'm fine. Doing homework all day.

Had to be up early yesterday and couldn't sleep the night before. Took an ambien, it didn't help. Popped a second one to try to get to sleep but instead I just got high off it, which is where things went bad and I lost control of myself, got trapped in my thoughts, wanted to kill myself, and ended up taking 10 or so ambien total. Got home yesterday afternoon and flushed the rest of the ambien I had. I don't remember much (apparently I was in the hangout?) and I'm horribly embarrassed.

This is why I stay away from mind altering drugs like ambien, benzos, etc. They are like Pringles for me once I start feeling high.

Cole fucked around with this message at 16:37 on Mar 29, 2015

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

NoNostalgia4Grover posted:

pissed & embarrassed that people keep asking if he's ok is the latest word from beria.

I'm not pissed at anyone for asking, I'm just embarrassed.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

NoNostalgia4Grover posted:

Monty would have been totally lost with you gone.

one of the first things i thought about when i woke up yesterday was who would feed monty if no one knew i was laying in my room dead.

i just feel like i'm a weak baby back bitch and don't want to show my face to anyone. i'm 27 and i was acting like a 15 year old.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

Pesticide20 posted:

So today I was prescribed prozac, trazodone, and ambien. The prozac is for my depression and suicidal thoughts, which I will be combining with trying to change my life up so that I can have more positives in it. I'm not entirely sure what, but I think that I'll try to start exploring the East Coast a bit more, but on the cheap. Any suggestions for places to go that are at least a few hours away from Bragg that would make for a nice weekend trip? The trazodone and prozac are to help with my sleep issues. I'll be taking the trazodone regularly and using the ambien only on occasions when I seriously can't sleep, which is about once or twice a week.

Careful with that stuff. Seriously.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
Trazadone gave me the worst cotton mouth ever. Ambien works best of all the stuff I've been on.

Cole fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Apr 6, 2015

• Locked thread