Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Does this sound like something worth doing?
This poll is closed.
Yes 53 94.64%
No 3 5.36%
Total: 56 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN

Delizin posted:

Some issues worth discussing:
Should we require registration prior to sending an email / making a call for help?
Pro: Helps prevent abuse
Con: Delays or could prevent someone from getting help

Should we require some sort of military service verification for people who register as someone to talk to?
Pro: Help to prevent fakes/abuse
Con: Cumbersome, not sure of a good method of implementing, could prevent people from signing up to help others

Are there people interested in collaborating on the programming and should the site be open source in a public git repo?
Pro: Possibility of faster development and more secure code
Con: Could expose security vulnerabilities to those interested in exploiting it

Yes.
Yes.
I don;t know what this means.

Voted "No" because I read the thread title as getting rid of the Prophet thread. I think that would be a bad idea.

edit: .. oh, the Get Help thread IS gone. Well that seems unnecessary. Were people getting prank calls?

Victor Vermis fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Nov 1, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN
I went to legal once because an ex called the chaplain, who then called my 1st Sgt, who then called me.

An actual game of telephone. With an ex. A chaplain. And a 1st Sergeant. Horrifyingly predictable.

The best advice I got was, "Talk to her, be patient, don't try to sever. Take notes on everything."

• Locked thread