Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

TaurusOxford posted:

Can we organize a Goon meet to Bimmi and Fauxtool's house so we can get those loving kits built? Or at least get them drunk and then take the kits for ourselves while they are asleep? I call dibs on 1/60 Wing Zero, PG Skygrasper, 1/100 legend, and PG RX-78-2.

I call dibs on any and all Star Wars kits. And I guess GP-02.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

BlitzBlast posted:

Not gonna lie, I snickered when I saw the DANGER on the wrists.

The fists are pretty dangerous as episode 7 taught us.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

MJP posted:

Am I the only person in the world that likes the look of non-transformed Unicorn more than the transformed one?

I like green psychoframe Unicorn more than the red frame, but Unicorn mode is a close second. Hell, if I get drunk and order a Master Grade Unicorn that'll be the mode it'll stay in since otherwise it'll fall apart at the drop of a hat.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

TARDISman posted:

I like green psychoframe Unicorn more than the red frame, but Unicorn mode is a close second. Hell, if I get drunk and order a Master Grade Unicorn that'll be the mode it'll stay in since otherwise it'll fall apart at the drop of a hat.

TaurusOxford posted:

:siren:HLJ.com is advertising that the Japanese yen is currently in the shitter, so prices are now the cheapest they've been since 2007 if you want to save some cash.:siren:

:shepspends: Guess I should drink a bit.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Monaghan posted:

man at this point astray has got to be the most successful gundam side story ever.

Pretty much, it's about 10-12 suits/variants that all use the same frame, it's a corporate wet dream, they only need to engineer a quarter of a suit every time.

TARDISman fucked around with this message at 00:28 on Nov 5, 2014

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

I use building stuff as a way to deal with stress. Naturally my backlog is empty and I'm waiting for my next paycheck biting my fingernails.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

If awaiting delivery counts as backlog, mine is only:

HG Grimoire
HG Z'gok-E

The HG Build Burning Gundam is calling to me though. I also want to get the HG Hygogg too, and decide what my MG is gonna be (I only have one shelf for gunpla, so my centerpiece will be an MG).

Oh if we're counting incoming stuff I've got MG Unicorn and Red Frame Kai.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

So the election got me a bit annoyed. Then I got drunk. Then I ordered the MG Unicorn off HLJ. I want to paint the psychoframe green, can someone give me a hand with picking a good shade/type/whatever?

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

BlitzBlast posted:

Mr Color GX 205 Metallic Green over a gloss black base.

Mr Crystal Color Tourmaline Green if you want something fancy.

Is 18 ml enough to paint the runners or should I grab 2?

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Right, thanks for the help!

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

BlitzBlast posted:

A picture of a MG Gundam X is more than enough to satisfy me.

If we're posting club photos, here's a random dump of photos my club members took of us screwing around during a tabling session.

I like the picture of the Unicorn looking at the Banshee like "The hell are you doing? We're in public." I'm working on a sitcom pilot now.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Fauxtool posted:

whiny Dems got me down so I posed a model

I would prefer you keep your politics out of the thread. I like you guys and I dont want any reasons not to.

Fair enough, it was just a dumb joke, I apologize.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Broken Loose posted:

Have they ever released a MG SD kit before? Because I'd totally shell out for a MG Winning, doubly so if it transforms into a giant fist for the MG Build Burning.

Nope, the closest they've gotten to that is the Musha which was originally an SD, then turned into regular proportions for Dynasty Warriors Gundam. Then that got a release. Winning getting the same treatment is exceedingly unlikely.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Ka0 posted:

What Build Fighters kits should I avoid? As in, "not as good as"; I ordered Burning Gundam and Ral's R35 Gouf.

Qubeley Papillion is pretty not good since it's based off the HGUC Qubeley, a 15 year old kit and it's also about 50% stickers. I haven't heard anything good about the HG Build Mk-II although the MG is pretty terrific.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Literally The Worst posted:

See I found a real good solution to wanting the green frame but not wanting the tippy nightmare of FA Unicorn:

Don't put the backpack and poo poo on him. Boom, no paint required, you're welcome, I accept cash and personal checks made out to Dickeye Tennyson.

Yeah, but it's an extra $40-50 and frankly I don't want to pay the extra in addition to which I don't have enough MGs with weapons I don't like that much to replace with the Full Armor pieces.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

High Grades have decent stability, but at the same time they aren't technically transformable kits, they're partsformers.

Anyways, as for real transformable kits, the Wing is probably one of the best since there's not that much machinery behind the transformation, it's just shift the arms and legs a bit and stick its shield on its head. Not to say that it's perfect since it just has the worst time doing anything remotely dynamic with the buster rifle.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

chumbler posted:

Does anyone have that picture of the hi-nu where the guy kept adding funnels until they wrapped nearly the full way back around? I can't for the life of me find it again and I want to show it to a friend.

You may be thinking of the regular Nu Gundam, since the Hi Nu has a different funnel mount that doesn't lend to mounting more funnels on.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Gils posted:

the neo zeong is basically the size of a small child so i'm going to pretend you buy like dog halloween costumes and dress it up

He raises a good point. Dress it up like Santa in 3 weeks in the spirit of the holiday season.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

I had a vision of a person just sitting in the middle of a circle of boxes laughing like a maniac as all the Gundam X's are complete and pointing inward. The full moon emerges from behind the clouds and the last thing heard is

"I BELIEVE IN GOD TIFFA!"

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Rolling Buster Rifle's better since it's post movement. :colbert:

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Gammatron 64 posted:

I'm not too happy with how this is turning out. This is the Gundam build from hell.

I broke the part the holds the head together and the paint makes it so most things won't close all the way (namely the chest). Also, should have waited and topcoated it instead of being lazy because man that poo poo scratches off easy. I think I might see if I can spray some into a cup at point blank range and see if I can use that to hand paint some areas where it scratched for touch ups.

I should have just been like "you know, I'm happy with the clear pink."

That, or paid the extra $40 for the full armor and not have been a cheapass.

The specter of :effort: is making me not really want to paint it. I'm still learning how to really do it properly and I'm not going to want to risk a $40-50 kit on a whim. I'm still planning on doing my other project, namely Danazine Ridley and Shaldoll Rogue Samus.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Gammatron 64 posted:

Well, I guess what I'll have to do is soldier on, finish the thing and figure out a way to touch up whatever gets scratched off when I side the pieces together.

Best of luck to you with that. I just found out my Unicorn is currently sitting in the back of a USPS truck driving away from my house, so I'm going to get that tomorrow, maybe work on it after Thanksgiving or finals, depending on how much energy I have after my family's over.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

muike posted:

oh cool i got my new model kit in

:hfive: Main reason I bought the GM Sniper II.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

everythingWasBees posted:

Oh god that's cool.
If I got it it'd never ever leave Unicorn mode, though.
So, uh, how's the HGUC Unicorn Mode?

Destroy Unchained.

HG UC Unicorn is pretty good, I've had some mild issues with the arms popping off when I play with it, but it's pretty solid otherwise. Get the full armor kit or you'll just get the bazooka and not the cool as hell beam magnum.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Bandai! :shepspends:
I hope I can find work again next year or I'm going to be pretty sad.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Also the main incentive for the Skygrasper was getting the other two Striker Packs. The only thing I can think of them including in a 0 Raiser separate pack is the GN Blade III. Oh god I just realized they're going to do a Seven Sword web shop exclusive.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Which suits were in 0080 that don't already have MGs?

Hy-gogg and GM Sniper II and the little dude that comes with the HG GM Sniper II that I'm totally blanking on the name of.

EDIT: A remake of the Alex would be pretty sweet, too.

TARDISman fucked around with this message at 18:47 on Nov 20, 2014

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Fair enough, I thought they did have MGs.

I'd love a new MG Kampfer too.

Same here, although I wouldn't buy it, I'd wait for the eventual Kampfer Amazing.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

There are now 3 HG Hi Nu kits (Original, GPB Custom, and now Brave), then there's the Robot Damashii Hi Nu figures, one of which has more die cast metal or something.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Midjack posted:

We have RE Nightingale, getting RE Shamblo. Can RE Rafflesia be far behind, if RE is the "giant red mobile armor" line?

Wait, what? When was the Shamblo announced?!

Literally The Worst posted:

And now I want RG Strike Aile and Skygrasper. Thanks, dick.

Happy to help. Just today I got 3 people to want the MG DX and 2 the Wing Zero Flame/Honoo/Whatever. I'm doing Bandai's good work.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Ka0 posted:

I've already started

I'm building everything at the moment and I cannot stop myself. I need more supplies.

I'll bite, why two of each? One straight build and one customized?

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Tenzarin posted:

Fat ZZ gundam was so ugly! That's real!

Qubeley Papillon had invisible funnels! and Bandai just smiles and charges more.

Excuse me, but mobile suits don't have to conform to your standards of beauty. :colbert:

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

mr. stefan posted:

I dunno man, they only made one Astray once they got the PG mold designed, they may actually not bother.

They'll at least do the Banshee. They won't do the Phenex unless they do a matte, even then it's pretty doubtful.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Robot4Less usually has something like 30-40% off this weekend/next week but that site is pretty poo poo so take it with a grain of salt.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Whelp, looks like I have a new standard to chase and never achieve.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

The finger cannons came out beautifully, nice work on that.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

chumbler posted:

On a similar note, I ordered an MG 00 Raiser on amazon last night (it was marked down decently and oh god what has this hobby done to me). Anything I should be aware of with it, for those who have built one?

Unless you have a stand, I'd advise against trying to pose it with the 0 Raiser attached.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Bimmi posted:

I had to drag this out of the closet to confirm I still had it:

Godzilla, what are you doing, stop eating the aquatic suits, they're entirely too fatty.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

I'm ok with the Mega Shiki looking like absolute shite out of box, in spite of it being a blue suit which I normally adore.

Also, holy poo poo, that's the stand that comes with the Strike MG, how loving tall is the Elf Bullock with the blades?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

http://bandai-hobby.net/site/newitem.html Well, looks like Wing Zero Custom is just missing the holiday spirit. :sigh: