Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

I’m getting back into the hobby, I got an SD Wing and painted it completely with Gundam Markers, you can hardly tell because my camera is so bad, but using them as markers actually came out better than I expected and I think with some time I could get them to come out close to decent:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

I did this Arsene variant of the Gundam X. It’s neat because it has a top hat, monocle and cape. The issues are that: it’s very hard to keep balanced because of the X and the huge cape, and the cape came on a transparent red runner so I had to do so many coats that the cape is a runny mess:

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

In celebration of Seed: Freedom being a beautiful disaster here’s the SD Strike I finished. I’ll probably take a hiatus from kits again for a bit, I had fun with the little series of SD guys I did over the past month or so though:

Edit: oh btw of the 3 SD kits I did the SD Wing and Strike seemed to be manufactured or ran around the same time. They had great instructions/paint guides and were both really great kits.

The SD Gundam X Arsene from SD Gundam worlds had slightly worse instructions, the kit doesn’t articulate well in any way and it didn’t even have a runner for rubber parts like most other kits will have, just all pvc.

TheMightyBoops fucked around with this message at 02:41 on May 17, 2024

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Kibner posted:

If you want to look up things like that, this site is a godsend: https://www.gundammates.com

Cool, bookmarking.

Quick question:
So I tried using painters tape to make it a little less sloppy but the paint just bled under the tape. I did stick and unstick it on the table a bunch to make the adhesive less sticky. Is there a way to avoid it bleeding through, should I just stick it right on maybe?

It’s just blue painters tape from the grocery store.

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Thanks everyone.

I lied and also picked up an SD Freedom (not the MG).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Gripweed posted:

I built the RG Astray. Pretty good

I love that kit, even if it has a million tiny decals.