Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lt. Dans Legs
Jul 3, 2008
After cataclysmic events the details of which have been restricted by the mind police, videogames (or vidcons, as is the current vernacular) have become highly illegal. In an ironic twist of fate kinects now being cheap as dirt have been co-opted as a means to monitor citizens for any vidcon use.

Will you put up and shut up, or will you fight for your right to game? Who will you partner with, what will your unholy alliance be called?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Lt. Dans Legs posted:

After cataclysmic events the details of which have been restricted by the mind police, videogames (or vidcons, as is the current vernacular) have become highly illegal. In an ironic twist of fate kinects now being cheap as dirt have been co-opted as a means to monitor citizens for any vidcon use.

Will you put up and shut up, or will you fight for your right to game? Who will you partner with, what will your unholy alliance be called?

Shut the gently caress up, human being.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

A bunch of dorks from GBS and byob, probably the same dudes that were making GBS threads all over videogames when this forum started because everyone else was doing it, has turned liking videogames into some retarded monkey cheese meme.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

I will fight tooth and nail through the crooked streets of Neo Amerika with nothing but grim determination and my trusty Nintendo Zapper™; forever in search of the mythical gamer sanctuary known only as 'The Imp Zone'

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

Knuc U Kinte posted:

A bunch of dorks from GBS and byob, probably the same dudes that were making GBS threads all over videogames when this forum started because everyone else was doing it, has turned liking videogames into some retarded monkey cheese meme.

:agreed:

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

No Such Thing posted:

I will fight tooth and nail through the crooked streets of Neo Amerika with nothing but grim determination and my trusty Nintendo Zapper™; forever in search of the mythical gamer sanctuary known only as 'The Imp Zone'

*beats on you with a wrestling chair until the referees run out from backstage to pull me off you*

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Knuc U Kinte posted:

*beats on you with a wrestling chair until the referees run out from backstage to pull me off you*

lol that you care so much what the gently caress gbs does, to the point where you constantly keep tabs on whatever 'memeage' they spout just to ignore it.

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

No Such Thing posted:

lol that you care so much what the gently caress gbs does, to the point where you constantly keep tabs on whatever 'memeage' they spout just to ignore it.

i think.., that this thread is bad, and your reply to it, was bad

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

No Such Thing posted:

I never click on it.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

All the bad posters in this forum are from GBS tho.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Knuc U Kinte posted:

no they're not, they're also from byob

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

Knuc U Kinte posted:

i think we should care less about where they're from and more that the posts, are bad

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Dexters Secret posted:

i think.., that this thread is bad, and your reply to it, was bad

I think it was mediocre at best, but regardless posters should be judged by their gaming skill and taste rather than whichever board they post in on the side.

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

:gas: btw

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

No Such Thing posted:

I think it was mediocre at best, but regardless posters should be judged by their gaming skill and taste rather than whichever board they post in on the side.
iawtp

as long as you respect games and post well here you can post in D&D for all i care

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Tbh, the point is not what forum you're from, but they way you run poo poo into the ground, which is a GBS thing (cuck, doobi doghouse, gamers gate etc)

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

The Egg Challenge.

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Tbh, the point is not what forum you're from, but they way you run poo poo into the ground, which is a GBS thing (cuck, doobi doghouse, gamers gate etc)

i dont think this is a thing exclusive to GBS, or even the something awful forums

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

Knuc U Kinte posted:

this is 100% correct

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Huhohuhohohoh. Respect GAMES. Ur hurr hurrrr the Wii U for the win. Freaking love mario party 15. Too bad it is now legal to infect gamers with AIDS.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Knuc U Kinte posted:

this is also true. everybody who's a good poster here is makin good points

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Dexters Secret posted:

i dont think this is a thing exclusive to GBS, or even the something awful forums

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Huhohuhohohoh. Respect GAMES. Ur hurr hurrrr the Wii U for the win. Freaking love mario party 15. Too bad it is now legal to infect gamers with AIDS.

i agree with you but i'd like to point out this isn't monkey cheese, monkey cheese is when you say random things that mean nothing because lolzany

this is more of people trying to copy what other people are doing, but poorly

its like the posting version of Generation Loss

Lt. Dans Legs
Jul 3, 2008
well goddam. thought the barkley shut up and jam gaiden references would at least get people to reminisce a bit even if the post largely wasn't great but yeah ok let's debate the status of the forums i guess

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

can we just gas this thread already, it's doing more harm than good

Lt. Dans Legs
Jul 3, 2008

Y-Hat posted:

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

Y-Hat posted:

im not sure we have any iks or mods at the moment lol

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Lt. Dans Legs posted:

well goddam. thought the barkley shut up and jam gaiden references would at least get people to reminisce a bit even if the post largely wasn't great but yeah ok let's debate the status of the forums i guess

Apologies.

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

lock the thread imo

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Dexters Secret posted:

im not sure we have any iks or mods at the moment lol

They are still mods in the page source.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A cool damn horse
Jan 25, 2009

I don't instantly assume anything about a poster based on the forums they post in, unless that forum is BYOB.

• Locked thread